• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Got very lucky today with my drops in the hour that I've played.

I've gotten the Epics, Lee Enfield - The Royal, Grease Gun - Brandi, Kar98 - Torpedo, and the Heroic STG - Haywire II.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
The maps really are shocking on this game, pretty much every match has become people sniping down any open stretch with spawns swapping.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
The nerf to Primed without nerfing the actual flinch really annoys me.

Also, I wish we could get reloading while sprinting as a standard feature already. I've gotten so used to it in Battlefield.

This was a standard feature in BO3 and IW.

A Treyarch job posting had fora requirement "deep knowledge base of firearms and modern military technology."

Finished gold on all of the auto rifles last night. The BAR is top-tier, along with the FG. I'd call the STG high-tier instead of top-tier because the TTK is just a bit slow when compared to the FG at range and the BAR up close. And the M1941 is mid-tier; the rate-of-fire and recoil means it's more suited to close range combat, but it has entirely AR handling instead of being an AR/SMG mix. I'm gonna hold off on the crazy grind of the semi-autos until flinch is patched.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I don't understand the primed nerf, they claim that a global flinch change is coming so why add the basic training anyway? It's surely going to have to be replaced as it will be a total waste with a global change.

Last I read it was nerfed by like 85% which still leaves it with a use albeit very minor. The ability to have an extra attachment is nice and really I can't believe the 2 things were tied together to begin with.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thanks, I saw that before and I dont see how it confirms boots on the ground though. "Modern" can be interpreted in many ways, they wouldnt disclose what theyre working on in public (the successful candidate might be told "that was a cover story, we're working on future weaponry too"), and it doesn't confirm the year after either.

Not picking holes for an argument, I just don't see how that confirms anything. I think Treyarchs game will have a movement boost mechanic and wallrunning.

Outdoor Miner

Oct 26, 2017
Broward County FL, USA
Playing FortNite more and more in place of this. Just more fun and polished at this point. I'll hop on CoD if 2 or 3 buddies are on but that's it. Sucks that I bought the season pass, hard lesson learned there.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saving this post for future use. Going to tweet it to "Freezing Cold Takes" when you are wrong.

Saving my post...why? That's quite weird of you, no one cares if I'm wrong, but I still see the next game having boosted movement. I think you're just trying to start a weird argument, where I'm just a COD fan talking about the game.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
Why do the have to nerf and buff everything? Everything gets nerfed in the end its so annoying
I would've loved to see all guns buffed to the BAR's power level, but that's way harder than just nerfing the BAR. Weapon balance at the top of the meta is okay right now, but there are tweaks needed. The biggest ones in my mind are SMG sprint-out times, semi-auto rifles needing a big buff, and raising the skill floor for quickscoping.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Saving my post...why? That's quite weird of you, no one cares if I'm wrong, but I still see the next game having boosted movement. I think you're just trying to start a weird argument, where I'm just a COD fan talking about the game.

When people are right they are quick to accept praise, but when they are wrong, they hope everyone forgets. EvilChameleon doesn't forget.

And also, we've already given you ample proof that the next game is going to be boots on the ground. What proof do you have that the next game is going to be boosty wall running nonsense again, especially since the last boosty wall running nonsense game did so horrendously, and this current boots on the ground game outsold Thor and Wonder Woman combined?

Hmm?

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When people are right they are quick to accept praise, but when they are wrong, they hope everyone forgets. EvilChameleon doesn't forget.

And also, we've already given you ample proof that the next game is going to be boots on the ground. What proof do you have that the next game is going to be boosty wall running nonsense again, especially since the last boosty wall running nonsense game did so horrendously, and this current boots on the ground game outsold Thor and Wonder Woman combined?

Hmm?

You havent given any proof the next game is boots on the ground. Literally zero. You've given an old recruitment ad from treyarch that doesn;t mention boots on the ground, and that doesnt even cover the fact that you said the next TWO years have been confirmed. Where is your source for the second year? And I don't care one jot if I'm wrong, I'm stating my personal opinion that I think Treyarch will continue down the road of boost mechanics.

It was IW that did (relatively) badly, and that was because it was not doing as well as the massively successful Treyarch-developed boosty game BLOPS3. Literally disproving your entire point with your own post...BLOPS3 was a smash hit!

You could not be more wrong, and you can save or tweet posts all you like, if I'm wrong then I really dont care. But I'm afraid you havent provided any proof to your claims, not a single thing.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

How about the quotes from the CEO of Activision saying that the future of COD is more games like WWII (boots on the ground)?

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/11/09/activision-ceo-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-failure/

If anything, [Infinite Warfare] just amplified the demand for boots-on-the-ground that much more.

So we caved into the demand, sold like gangbusters, so let's go back to boosty wallrun nonsense and piss the community off and sell significantly less? Nah. This is a business. The smart business move is to do boots on the ground.

Which they will.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hirschberg was just hyping up WW2 there. Treyarchs game, in my opinion, will have boost mechanics. The smart business move is to alternate between the two choices, meaning next year they can say "here you go BLOPS3 fans, boosting is back!". Then the year after, "hey everyone, back to our roots!".

That's how it works, not by doing 2 years in a row with the same narrative (boots are back!). Anyway, I've said my piece. I'm off to perfect my ass-slide in the HQ.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Hirschberg was just hyping up WW2 there. Treyarchs game, in my opinion, will have boost mechanics. The smart business move is to alternate between the two choices, meaning next year they can say "here you go BLOPS3 fans, boosting is back!". Then the year after, "hey everyone, back to our roots!".

That's how it works, not by doing 2 years in a row with the same narrative (boots are back!). Anyway, I've said my piece. I'm off to perfect my ass-slide in the HQ.

Sure. Once people get tired of BOTG. Which they clearly are not, as evidenced by all the hype behind this game. You really think they are going to follow that up with another boosty wallrun nonsense game? What are your credentials?

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My credentials? Zero. Just opinions as a gamer and a COD player. I don't think Treyarch will throw away all of their experience and map making abilities learned during the BLOPS3 development. I think Activision made WW2 as a response to the cries for BOTG, now theyve done it, I think theyll change it up again. They'd be foolish not to do BLOPS4, and in doing so, they couldnt make it less advanced than 3.

Oh and "boosty wall run nonsense" is just your disparaging term to insult something you don't like, whereas I like wallrunning and double jumping...map traversal is exciting in BLOPS3, where in WW2 it's just push forward on your stick and nothing. But we're at an impasse here, you have your stance and I have mine.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
The QS in this is really making me begin to rage... OK, no begin about it, it's fucking infuriating me. The shit maps, the low map count, restricted load out system (come on, surpressor, dead silence and ghost please) I can live with, dying to QS just no. I'm glad I haven't bought the season pass because if it isn't tweaked then I won't be doing.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC

Thats the way it should be done. Old, Modern and Jetbacks. Doesn't mean WW2 all the time, but they can do other fronts or shit from the 70 and 80's. Heck even the 90's.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats the way it should be done. Old, Modern and Jetbacks. Doesn't mean WW2 all the time, but they can do other fronts or shit from the 70 and 80's. Heck even the 90's.

Totally. None of my problems with WW2 are related to the boots thing, it's the HQ, bugs, balance, maps, etc etc. Imagine an 80s COD, vice city esque soundtracks playing over helicopter radios, or 90s gulf stuff, world war 1, so many possibilities. I think we'll get another boots one in 2019 from IW.

stufte

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is there a way to mass mute players in HQ? I miss my empty HQ that I had all to myself :(

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity Ward's 2019 game should just be a full 10th anniversary MW2 remake. I don't even need/want another game to go along with it.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Oh and "boosty wall run nonsense" is just your disparaging term to insult something you don't like, whereas I like wallrunning and double jumping...map traversal is exciting in BLOPS3, where in WW2 it's just push forward on your stick and nothing. But we're at an impasse here, you have your stance and I have mine.

I actually enjoyed the first two boosty wall run nonsense games and I would have enjoyed the third if I didn't play Black Ops III so much, so no, that isn't a disparaging term. That is the literal description for what they were. Boosty wallrun nonsense games.

Hell, Black Ops III was well on its way to becoming my most played COD since Modern Warfare 2, then my connection on the PS4 went to shit after the first DLC released, so I bailed on it for a few months and picked it up again on the XBOX One. Yes, that's right, I have two copies of the game.

So tell me again how I hate the boosty wallrun nonsense games.

Oct 27, 2017
Infinity Ward's 2019 game should just be a full 10th anniversary MW2 remake. I don't even need/want another game to go along with it.

IMO, MW2 should've been the remake last year over MW1. Just a much more fun and crazy game in every way. That was the absolute pinnacle for me.

There is no other feeling like hearing "AC-130 ABOVE" striking fear into your heart and then heard those shells raining down on you like the end of the world. Best MP right there, all thats needed was a few tweaks to fix shit like quickscoping and the one man army glitch.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Been playing TDM HC mode instead. A lot more enjoyable. And I'm not a HC player. Type 100 with lookout basic training is freaking awesome in this mode to fish out head glitchers and all.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
First Call of Duty I've bought since Modern Warfare 3 (which I liked a lot) and first one I've played outside a beta since Advanced Warfare (which I was given for free) and I gotta say I'm liking it.

Campaign is pretty good so far, even on Veteran and the multiplayer is a refreshing change on everyone flying around the fucking map like a crazy person.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually enjoyed the first two boosty wall run nonsense games and I would have enjoyed the third if I didn't play Black Ops III so much, so no, that isn't a disparaging term. That is the literal description for what they were. Boosty wallrun nonsense games.

Hell, Black Ops III was well on its way to becoming my most played COD since Modern Warfare 2, then my connection on the PS4 went to shit after the first DLC released, so I bailed on it for a few months and picked it up again on the XBOX One. Yes, that's right, I have two copies of the game.

So tell me again how I hate the boosty wallrun nonsense games.

By calling them "boosty wall run nonsense", you were clearly insulting them, and now you do a turnaround about how you love them. You just want to argue, so please find someone else.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
By calling them "boosty wall run nonsense", you were clearly insulting them, and now you do a turnaround about how you love them. You just want to argue, so please find someone else.

Don't tell me what I was doing. I enjoyed Advanced Warfare. A lot. I enjoyed Black Ops III. Even more. I would have enjoyed Infinite Warfare if I didn't play Black Ops III as much as I did. I call them boosty wallrun nonsense games out of love, not hate. Because guess what? That is exactly what they were.

Would you like me to pull the numbers of my playtime on those games? I bet it's triple yours, and you are a self-confessed lover of the boosty wallrun nonsense games, and you are claiming the next game is going to be another one, despite no evidence to back up your claim, and evidence to the contrary right in your face that you are ignoring.

Again I ask, what are your credentials? Here are mine:

Played every game in this series starting with Call Of Duty 2.
Max prestige in Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops II, Advanced Warfare, and Black Ops III.
Prestiged at least once in the other titles, sometimes even more.

Now apologize before I report you not only to the moderators of this website, but your ISP and have you kicked off the internet for cyberbullying.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Hallelujah
The latest patch fixed the lag/hit detection

I'm playing good again! Huzzah!

And I no longer feel rage when dying because they are now legit deaths.
None of this me shooting them 6 times and somehow dying , or running around an object yet still dying somehow.

This game is now great

Have you played much since this morning? And what console platform are you playing on? I'm wondering if this is holding up for you or if you got a lucky streak of matches with connection in your favor, because I've had enough of those to get me excited only to be disappointed all over again.

How is the lag/hit detection for everybody else these days, and what platform are you guys on?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Have you played much since this morning? And what console platform are you playing on? I'm wondering if this is holding up for you or if you got a lucky streak of matches with connection in your favor, because I've had enough of those to get me excited only to be disappointed all over again.

How is the lag/hit detection for everybody else these days, and what platform are you guys on?
Last I played was 10 hours ago with a mate, we both were extremely happy, it was perfect.
Ps4 here.
Australia

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sledgehammer has said to have rolled out a "tuning adjustment" to global flinch just now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/7gpwfz/tuning_the_engine_while_the_jet_is_in_flight/

"Post launch game updates are uniquely complex, and delicate. #CODWWII is a feature heavy game, and we have several hundred developers actively making fixes and incorporating community feedback. Yet, when launching to many millions of players across the globe (under highly varied home network infrastructures), stability is always a priority for us. Part of our process is a rigorous QA testing phase. In addition, there are first party protocols for how updates get safely propagated to players. For fans, that means you are generally seeing changes several days or weeks after we've implemented them in the development environment at Sledgehammer Games. Rest assured, that doesn't mean we aren't working incredibly hard or fast to address feedback. It just means that there is sometimes a delay between the time we make the change at the studio and the time we can communicate it, and see it rolled out to the live community.

We have plenty of changes in coming updates, including the start of Ranked Play Season One: The Placement Season, beginning (tomorrow) December 1, 2017. In addition, based on player feedback and validated through internal playtests, today we released new tuning adjustments to global flinch on all weapon classes. These reduced flinch values provide better consistency while engaged in head-to-head combat. Jump online and let us know what you think.

We look forward to sharing more soon. In the mean time, please keep the constructive feedback coming. And thanks for your continued support!:

Anyone notice anything? It's not a patch, so a server-side fix?

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone in the HQs is glitching gestures or attempting it. It's basically this now.

sweetseymourskinnersbaadassssssong7.png

Fatal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grit and realisim as the setting is what wets my beak, with a bit of bombast thrown in as creative license. It is a game after all.

But yes, no more iron man, power rangers, pink armour, heat sensing snipers, etc.

Take it no further than recent real world conflicts, aka Modern Warefare. Relate multiplayer maps to the campaign setting. Where do I pre-order?

Samuel Eames

Nov 22, 2017
St Louis
If they went back to modern military I'd really want them to focus on someone other than the US. Dunno if I could feel too great playing as the US Military in this day and age. I think a game where you played as the Kurds would be potentially really interesting.