• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guys are textures that low res or somethings fucked up on my end? And draw distance/level of detail is suriprisingly poor.

Hadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone missing Screen Space Reflection options? I'm looking at the Nvidia guide and I don't see this option on the graphics menu. Am I just blind

Edit: Reboot the game and it's there. Dunno wtf happened.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I swear this game runs worse after the 7gb patch.

It does. I can't play MP after the patch (it completely ruined the Piccadilly map, and I can't take out specific maps from the playlist).

Even worse, if their servers drop for any reason you get booted back to a "quit to desktop" screen, doesn't matter if you were playing, watching a cutscene or whatever. It's mind boggling.

WOoeWpH.png

Iddshane

Dec 2, 2017
GTX 1660 ti
R5 2600x

getting 40-60 fps @ 1440p with everything high and ray tracing enabled
It's goes into the 70-90 range in less demanding areas.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I´m amazed how well the multiplayer runs on my GTX1080 and i5-8600K. Haven´t yet tried the campaign but I have everything on high for MP and it runs at a near constant 120fps. The map loading is hilarious as well with it literally only showing the loading screen for like 2 seconds. Magic!

May 15, 2019
Noticed that the campaign has had terrible lag in cut-scenes, not sure what's going on. Heard on reddit it will be worked on, but made me put off playing missions for now sadly.
RX 480 + Ryzen 5 2600 + 16 GB Ram, game runs at max settings on 1080p at 60 fps for what I've played in multiplayer.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Is anyone missing Screen Space Reflection options? I'm looking at the Nvidia guide and I don't see this option on the graphics menu. Am I just blind

Edit: Reboot the game and it's there. Dunno wtf happened.
It disappears if you enter the campaign, it's only available it the first splash screen before you choose sp or mp...

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
It does. I can't play MP after the patch (it completely ruined the Piccadilly map, and I can't take out specific maps from the playlist).

Even worse, if their servers drop for any reason you get booted back to a "quit to desktop" screen, doesn't matter if you were playing, watching a cutscene or whatever. It's mind boggling.

WOoeWpH.png
That's...just awful!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm getting stuttering no matter what now at 1080p whereas yesterday it was locked 60fps the whole time.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Ryzen 3700X w/-0.05v undervolt
16GB of DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM
RTX 2070 Super Founders Edition w/+110 core, +800 memory, and no change to power limit.
Adata XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe 1TB SSD
Wired ethernet connection

Running at 1440p with all graphics options turned up to the highest possible, ray-tracing on, all motion blur turned off, and an FOV of 90. Frame rate limit is set to 140 in the menu.

Using the in-game FPS counter, I get:

~72-144 fps in the campaign.
~90-120+ fps in Spec Ops with a full co-op team.

Haven't played MP yet, but after finishing the campaign I'll use the NVIDIA guide to turn down some settings in an attempt to hit 144.

Experiencing the rendered cutscene issue that others have described with audio/sync problems, even after building and rebuilding shaders from scratch (which takes about 20 minutes of just sitting in the menu). I've also had the game lock up and crash after an in-game cutscene, typically at the beginning of a level after completing the previous one.

After experiencing a game crash after dying, I had to restart a level from the beginning after multiple attempts to resume it from the last checkpoint resulted in a crash or hard system lock.

I've tried playing the game with the GPU at stock settings and have run into the same issues, so I don't think it's my mild overclock. My GPU temp has never gone above 64 degrees with its OC settings.

Read that turning off the GeForce Experience overlay may help, though I've been able to play the game for hours without it crashing with the overlay both on and off.

Enjoying the game when it works, but honestly haven't experienced this many crashes or problems on a PC title in a very long time.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
So multiplayer is quite literally unplayable for me.

If anybody knows how to fix this I'd love to know. Never had this happen in the SP and the card itself seems to be fine.
Did you already rebuild the shaders?

I love that they used the phrased "polished to perfection" for the marketing of this PC version. It's a mess. Even if everything worked, the weird "hang out in the menu while shaders are being compiled" is insane.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Did you already rebuild the shaders?

I love that they used the phrased "polished to perfection" for the marketing of this PC version. It's a mess. Even if everything worked, the weird "hang out in the menu while shaders are being compiled" is insane.
I tried but it didn't really seem to do anything at all. Right now it's pretty much a cycle... First game I played I had this, then the second game my performance was basically cut in half, the third game worked as intended and then it went back to acid trip.

Stitch AU

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Been downloading the game for half the day now, should be done in an hour. Just wondering if there is a resolution scale option in the menu, would like to see 4k performance on my 1440p monitor before attempting to hook up the pc to my oled tv.

Darkmatter66

Jun 8, 2019
Is anybody having constant screen tearing? I set v-sync on and it still happpens, I also capped my framerates at 60 (My monitor is 75hz) but it still happens. Anybody got a solution for this.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I must be blind, but I can't really tell much of a difference between RTX and no RTX. Seems to be playable though with a 1080 Ti as long as I drop the resolution.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, RTX really tanks my performance at 1440p, max settings

I have:

i5-8400
rtx 2070
16gb ram

i guess it's fine to turn it off as it isn't the most noticeable of rtx features

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Is there like one setting (not RTX) you could drop to make that a solid 60 on a 2080ti?
The game's performance is pretty resolution bound or when bandwidth killling effects hit the screen - like explosions and particles. You can have a perfect 60 for so much of the game, and then there is a CALL OF DUTY MOMENT where michael bay explosions occur that will reduce your perfvormance steadily below 60.
That is my experience so far.

If the game had DRS, it would not have this "problem" really of course.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
The game's performance is pretty resolution bound or when bandwidth killling effects hit the screen - like explosions and particles. You can have a perfect 60 for so much of the game, and then there is a CALL OF DUTY MOMENT where michael bay explosions occur that will reduce your perfvormance steadily below 60.
That is my experience so far.

If the game had DRS, it would not have this "problem" really of course.
I run G-sync anyway, so are you saying it will be '60ish' for most of the time?

If so that's good enough.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
stuttery cutscenes aside this game is probs the best looking game ive ever seen, holy crap. nuts this on RTX.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Oh ok, so the stuttering cutscenes is common...?

I started the game up for the first time and despite a couple MP matches running well enough for me, just loading the intro cutscene in the co-op mode and it felt like the game was about to crash. Single-digit fps, out of sync audio due to the terrible jutter and framerate issues. Mode intro cutscene was like a slideshow and I couldn't tell if something was loading in the background and causing issues, or if this is normal?

Of course once the actual game selection menu and gameplay began, everything snapped back fine. But WTF?

Oct 25, 2017
1060GTX + i7 3770 + 16GB.

I don't get it framerate on Windowed rises to 60fps+ Full screen or Full screen borderless framerate tanks to 40 fps.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Alright just figured out my problem. MSI Afrerburner completely fucks up my performance in this game.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
So with the stuttering cutscenes while playing the game it stutters like hell BUT when i go and watch the cutscenes in the campaign mission select area the stuttering is not there...im wondering it its related to loading the game assets while the video is playing?

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
So with the stuttering cutscenes while playing the game it stutters like hell BUT when i go and watch the cutscenes in the campaign mission select area the stuttering is not there...im wondering it its related to loading the game assets while the video is playing?
You are probably right. Honestly I would rather have longer loading screens than unwatchable FMVs.

boswell22

Nov 5, 2017
Game is basically unplayable for me. Have only tried MP but game constantly stutters and drops to single digit frames. CPU usage goes up to 100%. Seems other people are having this issue on the sub-reddit.

i5-3570k
8GB RAM PC3-12800
GTX 1070

CPU and RAM are due upgrades but I have been playing Gears 5 with pretty much maxed settings at 1440p at 60fps. Even the menu's are awful.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Game is basically unplayable for me. Have only tried MP but game constantly stutters and drops to single digit frames. CPU usage goes up to 100%. Seems other people are having this issue on the sub-reddit.

i5-3570k
8GB RAM PC3-12800
GTX 1070

CPU and RAM are due upgrades but I have been playing Gears 5 with pretty much maxed settings at 1440p at 60fps. Even the menu's are awful.
Same experience for me. i5 4690k and 16GB RAM, though. Same graphics card. Also my game crashed twice within one hour.

I'm hugely disappointed.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Multiplayer runs perfectly for me @ 1440p. Constant 140 FPS.

But why every time I try to play campaign am I being asked to install shaders? Is there like a progress screen for the install or something or do I just leave it sitting on the main menu?