• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yes. No complaints from me. But Ive played it in HDR since I installed it. Dont have a reference for how it looks with HDR off.

If you've got it toggled on in the menu, then yeah. It's only doing shadows, it's not going all out like Control. Relatively inexpensive performance cost with it on.

OK.

I'm just used to RT tanking performance whenever enabled.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How to know if all shaders are pre loaded, before playing the campaign. Cause I don't want any stuttering

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting black flickering when they try to play in HDR? Ffs

EDIT: runs in windowed mode but not fullscreen, weird.

No issues running in HDR and in full screen for me. The only issue I'd have, and its bor specific to playing in HDR in MW, is if I adjust my volume for example and the volume bar appeared on screen, the monitor would go black as if its leaving HDR mode, and then come back into HDR a few seconds later.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
In mission 3 when you wear the mask I keep getting weird visual pop in at corners of the frame.

Also getting a lot of judder when I move the mouse too much :\

johnro

Dec 8, 2017
To the folks above mentioning severe stuttering, try reloading the game and leaving it idle on the main menu - it's here that it pre-builds shaders for all the modes and maps. In my testing, it took up to 20 minutes for absolutely everything to be built, and then it never needed to do it again.

Am i suppose to see anything when it pre-builds shaders? I saw the pre-builds shaders stuff when i was creating the activision account...
How on earth can you mess up something like cutscenes in SP?? It's super annoying seeing that shuttering and trying to pay attention to the cutscenes.
They can't make the game work ok from day 1 and they expect you to buy the "operator enhance edition" for 100 euros?

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting this error quite a bit, which crashes my game:

SEsJauE.png

Anybody else running into this?

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is LOD supposed to be that bad? I walk two metters and detail just disappears .

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's running like shit for me now. Huge frame drops every couple minutes. I've tried fullscreen, fullscreen windowed, vsync, no vsync, frame cap, no frame cap

And now a hard crash when trying to load the campaign. What the fuck

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
What AA option is everyone using. I'm currently on smaat2x, the filmic one looks a little too blurry for me though it does clear up all shimmering and artifacts.

SMAA 1x is least blurry but has really bad shimmering and artifacts when moving.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
What AA option is everyone using. I'm currently on smaat2x, the filmic one looks a little too blurry for me though it does clear up all shimmering and artifacts.

SMAA 1x is least blurry but has really bad shimmering and artifacts when moving.

Try filmic plus 10% sharpening from the Nvidia filter.

La Fawn Duh

Apr 3, 2018
According to reddit a patch is on its way for the stuttery cutscenes in the campaign. They still need some time tho :/

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The beta ran fine, this runs like dogcrap. Every time I get the british map, I have awful stuttering dropping to zero FPS. On other maps, it sometimes doesn't load the textures until a few minutes have passed. Latest drivers, latest Win10 version, mid range PC ([email protected]. 16gb 1070)

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So no word on the cutscene stutter eh?
Only suggestion I have is to try borderless windowed mode if you're not already using it. I was having the freezing / desync issue last night and I saw a post on reddit saying to try borderless. So far for me it has initial stuttering while it's loading the next level but I haven't had it freeze / stutter / desync after that.

Anyone share their experience with RTX 2060? And with the raytracing enabled and disabled?
In SP I stay around 90-120 depending on whats going on with raytracing turned off. With it on I'm getting 55-80 depending on whats happening on the screen. It seems to eat up memory though and if I leave it enabled it basically cripples my game after a loading screen until I disable it so I haven't been playing with it on. Can't say about MP yet since I haven't played it. This is at 1080p with everything maxed except shadows on high and tessellation on near. It was totally worth turning it on for the house breaching mission from the trailers though. Makes me wish I had a 2080TI because it looks so good.

Last edited:

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
I believe i found the cause to Dev Error 6068. In my case lowering the overclock did nothing!

The only way i fixed it was by disabling Ray Tracing. I have played 2-3 hours since and no issues other than the usual stuttery cutscenes.

If you have been plagued with this issue, give it a try and let me know if it fixed it.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Only suggestion I have is to try borderless windowed mode if you're not already using it. I was having the freezing / desync issue last night and I saw a post on reddit saying to try borderless. So far for me it has initial stuttering while it's loading the next level but I haven't had it freeze / stutter / desync after that.

Lol for some reason when I went borderless windowed I dropped from a stable 60 during gameplay to 40, and menus dropped to like 13.

Guess I'll just deal with the cutscene BS for now. lol

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
So basically there's no fix for now for the following things:
Cutscene stuttering
Blood effects flickering
Grainy noise over weapons and characters (not dof related)
Random crashes

And I'm hit with all of these...fuck....my....life.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from the stuttering in cutscenes and the flickering mask borders in mission 3 it's been pretty smooth sailing for me.

I've got it maxed out (with RTX off) at 1440p on my piddling i5-2500k and GTX 1070.... hitting like 45-70 FPS most of the time which, with adaptive sync, feels completely silky to me. Graphics are blowing my mind, the game looks completely amazing.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I'm playing MP it's running perfect. Only issue is that the framerate drops every time I spawn. Not a huge deal, but I wish that transition after the *swoop* was smooth

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Now the stuttering thing from the first page started happening again. My GPU usage just tanks and it hard caps my FPS around 107-108. If I try to cap my FPS at say, 105 for example, the game hard caps my FPS to 93 and it still stutters. Turning Vsync on / off fixes the problem for about 5 seconds and then it starts again. I've tried turning off Gsync but that didn't do anything at all.

Edit: It might be Rivatuner that's causing it? I tried using that to limit it to 141 because of Gsync and unlimited in game. I set it back to 0 and it seemingly stopped.

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Aside from the stuttering in cutscenes and the flickering mask borders in mission 3 it's been pretty smooth sailing for me.

I've got it maxed out (with RTX off) at 1440p on my piddling i5-2500k and GTX 1070.... hitting like 45-70 FPS most of the time which, with adaptive sync, feels completely silky to me. Graphics are blowing my mind, the game looks completely amazing.

I have the flickering mask problem in mission 3 too