• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheWanderer

Jul 14, 2018
DqozdUCVYAETs4z

So good, much better than most of the other skins in atm.
Even has a decent weapon camo that kinda matches.

Her Muertos/Pistolera and Empress/Red Orchid costumes are better imo

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got a love hate relationship for firing range

Bo4 is too fast paced for it

I know people have problems with spawns, but I just think that these maps are so small, and everything so fast, that maybe, there just aren't good spawns?

You can be in the trailer pointing towards the A spawn, another on top pointing by c and b, and basically no matter where you spawn, you're screwed. I think the core of the game does not allow for too many good spots. Specially in chaotic games

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
It can get pretty sweaty but there's a mercenary playlist for solo players which helps a lot. There's still a lot of bad players though. This is my first cod on PC and both mine and the friend I play with the most kd is around the same as it was when we played console. I would assume it's ways going to be at least a bit sweatier on PC and I'd guess every cod its been like this.

Thank you for the response. Happy to read that folks don't have to have godlike kb/m skills in order to have a good time with BO4. Time to take the plunge!

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Got a love hate relationship for firing range

Bo4 is too fast paced for it

I know people have problems with spawns, but I just think that these maps are so small, and everything so fast, that maybe, there just aren't good spawns?

You can be in the trailer pointing towards the A spawn, another on top pointing by c and b, and basically no matter where you spawn, you're screwed. I think the core of the game does not allow for too many good spots. Specially in chaotic games
Yea not sure why they chose to bring back firing range, a lot better choices from black ops 1, and I still don't mind firing range but it's too small. Maps like radiator, Havana or grid would've been better options.
Thank you for the response. Happy to read that folks don't have to have godlike kb/m skills in order to have a good time with BO4. Time to take the plunge!

No problem. You'll still see sweaties but you get them anywhere. Might take sometime getting used to the maps/weapons though.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Does the Heist mode loadout screen actually explain what attachments you are purchasing or what the perks actually do? I'm not too familiar with them yet so I can't tell what they are just by looking at the icons. The game could do a better job of telling you exactly what you are purchasing. The UI in general is quite bad.
I swear it used to but it's been busted since major Patch 1 (the one that added the black market). Can anyone back confirm that?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is the last minutes of my win from Saturday, managed to grab another one yesterday. The last 4 matches have me with 2 wins and two top 15 placements, not bad. You can only see 3 out of my 6 total kills in this match, but I assure you, every single kill I had in this match I shot second, yet I somehow managed to get away with all encounters. I went down to minimal health multiple times, lost my armor many times, I seemed beaten in nearly every scenario (especially when I lied down and someone next to me started spraying me), and yet, this is how it ended. I even skipped a supply drop for some reason and failed to recover an armor for the end, nearly killing myself with the circle like twice. What a weird match, a win against all odds really.

Last edited:

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Being slightly worse in one single category isn't enough to knock the entire package down with the other weapons. The icr is the best overall AR in the game.
Maddox shreds and i expect it to get nerfed, vapr is in solid second place and i guess ICR with double grip (no recoil and reduced flinch) is in third place.
Maddox is absolutely insane in all ranges right now.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Maddox shreds and i expect it to get nerfed, vapr is in solid second place and i guess ICR with double grip (no recoil and reduced flinch) is in third place.
Maddox is absolutely insane in all ranges right now.
I don't think the Maddox range is that great, I never challenge a long range right with it because I never win them. Not sure what I'd do to ARs, if anything. It's just that SMGs arent very good unless its dual saugs or spitfire laser sight. I like the KN quite a bit, but barely anyone uses it; it could maybe use a touch up.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

For what it's worth, Blackout feels a lot better to me as well. Before, nearly all deaths I had were rather bullshit, now almost all of them felt understandable, deserved, and the killcam matching what I thought happened. This also meant, in turn, that my killing game improved drastically. Just a few days ago I'd complain that I'd either end with 0 kills or with 3 or more in solos, there was basically no inbetween between a horrible match where half your shots don't connect and one where you murder people left and right. Things definitely felt a lot smoother this last weekend, with my kill (and win) average rising quite drastically. Plus I haven't encountered audio glitches in a few days either, and in general the experience felt smoother. Placebo effect or not, Blackout feels a lot better than it did this time last week.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Man what I would pay for a attachment that adds 2HP damage to my weapons

By the way, has anybody figured out where the connection meters are supposed to be in-game? I have set them on in the Network options but for the life in me I can not figure out where they are?

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth, Blackout feels a lot better to me as well. Before, nearly all deaths I had were rather bullshit, now almost all of them felt understandable, deserved, and the killcam matching what I thought happened. This also meant, in turn, that my killing game improved drastically. Just a few days ago I'd complain that I'd either end with 0 kills or with 3 or more in solos, there was basically no inbetween between a horrible match where half your shots don't connect and one where you murder people left and right. Things definitely felt a lot smoother this last weekend, with my kill (and win) average rising quite drastically. Plus I haven't encountered audio glitches in a few days either, and in general the experience felt smoother. Placebo effect or not, Blackout feels a lot better than it did this time last week.

Fair enough, I couldn't hit a tree last night but then that's normally just my old man skillz :-). I did have one really odd killcam though. Just landed and opponent tracked me down a small hill into an encampment and hit me a few times before rounding my cover and finishing me off. All fair enough except that I was only visible for the part where they shot me. From where I landed and my movement down to the gap where I was shot I was completely obscured by cover yet they tracked me like they could see me through it. Very odd - maybe just luck, good audio tracking or some sort of perk - but I didn't think the see through walls perk was in Blackout for enemies? The killcam where they showed actual hits was a big load of bobbins too - hit markers were a good couple of feet behind me - I just put that down to lag resolution though, I don't get too caught up in I saw, they saw, killcam saw because you don't have all the information.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough, I couldn't hit a tree last night but then that's normally just my old man skillz :-). I did have one really odd killcam though. Just landed and opponent tracked me down a small hill into an encampment and hit me a few times before rounding my cover and finishing me off. All fair enough except that I was only visible for the part where they shot me. From where I landed and my movement down to the gap where I was shot I was completely obscured by cover yet they tracked me like they could see me through it. Very odd - maybe just luck, good audio tracking or some sort of perk - but I didn't think the see through walls perk was in Blackout for enemies? The killcam where they showed actual hits was a big load of bobbins too - hit markers were a good couple of feet behind me - I just put that down to lag resolution though, I don't get too caught up in I saw, they saw, killcam saw because you don't have all the information.

There's a few ways to get it done. With the right perks and a good headset (plus good spatial awareness) you can basically know almost pixel perfect where your opponent is going. There is also the dart functioning as a radar, but if you didn't see it placed on the killcam it may not have been used. Likewise I'm kinda sure there are situations where either an element doesn't load or something, because I had it happen twice in the same place (inside the stable, next to the farm) that an enemy know my exact location despite not seeing me, and looking at the killcam I saw them aiming at me all the time as if there was autoaim over my body even when I was behind multiple layers of cover. It is one thing to pre-aim or to expect someone to pop up from somewhere, but why would a player track my position with the gun even when he can not shoot me? Those kills felt definitely aimtracked - that, or the people who killed me could either see through walls or the walls did not load on their screen. What I like about the long killcams is that you can usually understand what happened.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
You clearly never played PUBG early access then because that was like playing a PS1 title with 15 FPS. This game is finished and overall is fantastic but it has some bugs and kinks they will have to address soon - mainly the shitty directional audio and crappy social aspects like being able to easily group up with randoms in duos and quads after a Blackout match.

I'm still amazed they actually pulled off 50-60 FPS in Blackout, honestly. I think that feat on it's own is massive.
Uhm yes i played PUBG when it came to Xbox. That game at least was properly labeled as "Game Preview". Unlike BO4 which has so many bugs and issues. And the game is not finished and no, not even fantastic.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Placebo or not, Blackout feels measurably better on my X1. I read in a few places that they upped the tickrate on PS4 (and others mentioned the X1 too) so I just assumed that was the reasoning. Either way - they did something to Blackout and I'm getting way less stuttering in duos and the hit registration feels way more consistent.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Wtf!

I got to level 3 on the black market, I went to the toilet and It wouldn't let me join a game.

Finally logged back in and I'm back to zero and my tags and calling cards have gone back to default too.

What is this bullshit?

Edit: hard reset fixed it. Man, this game does weird shit to my Xbox.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
The Buy Upgrades screen in Heist is all kinds of messed up when trying to select things. Going up, down, left or right doesn't operate as intended and is infuriating to actually get to the category you want. They need to fix that.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bo2 made it very clear when ghosts was working. The yellow player arrow would turn transparent, and back to solid when you were standing too long

I wish Bo4 had this

Edit: nvm I guess it is there

Last edited:

TheWanderer

Jul 14, 2018
Bo2 made it very clear when ghosts was working. The yellow player arrow would turn transparent, and back to solid when you were standing too long

I wish Bo4 had this

It's srill the same. The arrow turns transparent in this game too when ghost is working. It's just that Ghost ONLY works when you're sprinting in this game (as well as when using manual streaks and defusing bombs I think). In BO2 walking normally, aiming with an SMG, and aiming with an assault rifle that has stock was enough to activate Ghost. In this game it's only full blown press down the analog stick sprint.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ghost def needs a few buffs. I think it should be more lenient on the speed needed or make it so it delays your appearance on enemy Fog of War. Also should work when using user controlled streaks.

So many perks in this game are trash that I pretty much only run Gun Ho and Scavenger. Sometimes just Scavenger.

TheWanderer

Jul 14, 2018
Ghost def needs a few buffs. I think it should be more lenient on the speed needed or make it so it delays your appearance on enemy Fog of War. Also should work when using user controlled streaks.

So many perks in this game are trash that I pretty much only run Gun Ho and Scavenger. Sometimes just Scavenger.

Yeah for me scavenger and dead silence (as well as Ghost sometimes) are the only ones I use and need.

Perks are way too iffy in this game.

Tracker is actually super good. The range of footsteps is huge and it's good to know when you appear on the enemy map.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I don't think I've ever had as many:-

"How did that guy know where I was?"

Moments than in another other game, ever.

There are so many things that can give away your position that the game becomes a run and gun unreal tournament type game,in every game mode.

TheWanderer

Jul 14, 2018
I don't think I've ever had as many:-

"How did that guy know where I was?"

Moments than in another other game, ever.

There are so many things that can give away your position that the game becomes a run and gun unreal tournament type game,in every game mode.

The answer is almost always the acoustic sensor. In this game, at least right now, you basically NEED to use dead silence.

Ghost is also useful against UAVs which can make you appear on the map.

One of the advantages of tracker is that you know if you're appearing on the map or if someone knows where you are.

Remember that any time an enemy looks at you, you appear on the map because of the fog of war. So after every close to mid range gunfight you need to assume you appeared on the map even with suppressor (tracker helps you know for sure if you did). Sometimes people use team link which increases the fog of war to a small circle around them as well as their field of vision in which case you would appear on their map if you get close enough to them from any direction, even behind them. So always assume you show up on the map and because of that you want to always be mobile.

The sensor dart from Recon can also show you on the map. Engineer is useful for seeing those things through walls and destroying them.

But yeah, if there's one thing you NEED to use, it's dead silence.

https://twitter.com/thewand44702938/status/1056959974616825856?s=21

Took some screenshots from XclusiveAce's video on the patch notes so you can see the difference.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
It's srill the same. The arrow turns transparent in this game too when ghost is working. It's just that Ghost ONLY works when you're sprinting in this game (as well as when using manual streaks and defusing bombs I think). In BO2 walking normally, aiming with an SMG, and aiming with an assault rifle that has stock was enough to activate Ghost. In this game it's only full blown press down the analog stick sprint.
Wow, guess I'm never using Ghost in my loadouts then.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Even ghost encourages people to run around like crazy. I've not played call of duty for a few years but I really don't like what they've done. You used to be able to protect choke points and have sniper classes that didn't encourage you running around quickscooping.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally played some blackout. Ran someone over in a quad, then got squashed by someone else driving a truck. Laughed my little socks off.

Also got a 15 kill streak in hardcore tdm then my own team mate shot me. Less laughter.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Finally played some blackout. Ran someone over in a quad, then got squashed by someone else driving a truck. Laughed my little socks off.

Also got a 15 kill streak in hardcore tdm then my own team mate shot me. Less laughter.

Welcome to Blackout: The only mode in the game where truly hilarious shit can happen at any time. I've seen people accidentally Molotov themselves. I've seen guys get run over by ATV's and trucks. I've seen people have underwater shootouts only to have another dude they didn't see chuck a nade at them and kill both of them. Just wait until you get that lucky moment where you happen to have a rocket launcher and there's a chopper full of 4 dudes in it flying right over you. BOOM. Down they go.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to Blackout: The only mode in the game where truly hilarious shit can happen at any time. I've seen people accidentally Molotov themselves. I've seen guys get run over by ATV's and trucks. I've seen people have underwater shootouts only to have another dude they didn't see chuck a nade at them and kill both of them. Just wait until you get that lucky moment where you happen to have a rocket launcher and there's a chopper full of 4 dudes in it flying right over you. BOOM. Down they go.

I wasn't prepared for how funny it is, I dont care about the levelling, winning a round, any of that. I just love either causing or being on the end of stupid fuck ups. It runs like a dream too...seeing people miles away doing their thing.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I wasn't prepared for how funny it is, I dont care about the levelling, winning a round, any of that. I just love either causing or being on the end of stupid fuck ups. It runs like a dream too...seeing people miles away doing their thing.

Yeah I mean I try to survive as long as I can but I don't shy away from shoot outs and I try to mix up games by landing in spicy zones and then the more quiet slow starting areas. You can kind of pick your rate of gunplay that you want just by knowing that most people land in certain areas.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Even ghost encourages people to run around like crazy. I've not played call of duty for a few years but I really don't like what they've done. You used to be able to protect choke points and have sniper classes that didn't encourage you running around quickscooping.

Like I get it from an anticamping stance. But the weird thing is because of the higher TTK this COD would have been perfect for a more classic ghost perk. Most of the time you have some time to react. I'm not arguing for a return to MW2 ghost but it could be a lot more powerful than it is now and be balanced.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it 1000 times - Blackout is the creme de la creme of this game. It's the cat's pajamas. I never touch MP or Zombies. I load into Blackout for hours on end now.

I've been hooked on it since release. I love how each game brings something different.

Even though I've been enjoying MP, I don't find it as fun as Blackout. I talked to my friend about this and he feels the same way.

Currently level 52. I wish there were prestiges but getting to 80 is a journey already.

Very excited to see what the future brings. If they can get a day and night cycle going, that would be awesome.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I never really played Harcore before but boy am I enjoying me some FFA HC