• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
It's been weeks since the community manager said we'd be getting a roadmap and nothing yet. I don't think they'll ever have good communication.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
After a while of trying to improve with semi automatic weapons I decided to try flipping my controls to using bumpers for ADS and firing and I can't believe I didn't do this earlier. So much easier to rapid fire FAL, pistols, etc.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Whoever at Infinity Ward thought this Shipment map was a good addition to this game shouldn't be working on this game.

Playing it in TDM and it's not even a playable experience. Constantly spawning right next to enemies. It's an absolute mess and it should never have a 6 vs 6 match on it. Ever.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Whoever at Infinity Ward thought this Shipment map was a good addition to this game shouldn't be working on this game.

Playing it in TDM and it's not even a playable experience. Constantly spawning right next to enemies. It's an absolute mess and it should never have a 6 vs 6 match on it. Ever.

It's the biggest mess I've ever seen in a game. Just pull the trigger and throw grenades/C4 and you will definitely kill someone.

But it's kinda fun in a weird way. 2 minutes absolute chaos and you're done.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would've bought that red tracer bundle in an instant if I regularly used the guns in it.

Did anyone here buy the Nikto bundle? I think both those guns had blue tracers but I'm not sure

FML I'm buying this one

AGB_MW_CB_Mad_Chemist.jpg

That nuke watch is fucking rad lol

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell do I just get the same map all the time on ground war?

Like I'll drop into a game on the farm map and then that's all that I'll play, if I want another map I have to back out and hope it gives me a lobby with another map

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Hmmm not sure if I should try the Shoot The Ship playlist to try and level up my AX-50 or not. If you're lucky enough to not die as soon as you spawn in shipment you can get away with some quick kills lol

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018
Shipment is dumb fun. Its terrible sure, but you will get some killstreaks going on.

I generally camp next to the door of the opened container (with the device in it I think). Enemies will spawn in front of you, and you can hold the sightline to the open container. Enemies will eventually try to jumpshot you from around the corner but I expect them. This is how I grinded Chopper Gunner medals.

I fucking hate Gun Runner though. I can't do well there whatever I try. I think I am going to camp into C flag containers above when that map comes up. Same goes for Crash, I hate that map too.
Why camp though.....?

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow they listened to the community and made a combined shoothouse/shipment playlist. I'm actually super impressed they did this.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why does Hardpoint Shipment spawn people in the hardpoint, especially when it's in the middle of the goddamn map.

spawn, take a shot, die, spawn take a shot die, spawndie, spawndie

That said, nice rock paper scissors going on with the blue skills. Overkill gets you a riot shield to watch your back, EOD protects from explosives, cold-blooded protects you from kill streaks because you'll die 3-4 times trying to shoot something down so why bother

Origin 12 with the drum is pretty dumb there though lmao

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Whatever happened here, it felt great and I want it again:

For real... this round felt like I had godmode or some shit. As soon as I have seen an enemy player they were dead. Don't know if I should quit for today or keep playing, lol.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Screw the spawns. So my team was on Gun Runner and until the last five kils the spawns finally flipped.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is by far the most frustrating Call of Duty I've played. For reference I've played MW, MW2, BLOPS, MW3 and Advance Warfare.

In every Call of Duty game both teams spawn on the other side of the map and as people are killed, they start spawning in different location. People moving and the spawns make it so there's always movement, it's never stagnant.

In this game, though? Every deathmatch is nothing but each team camping the side that they spawned in and the chokepoints are just the middle of the map. It's actually crazy that the entire meta of this game is to spawn, find a camp spot and just wait. It's genuinely one of the most frustrating experiences I've had with a multiplayer game. I got the game 'cus the Beta was really fun but now I'm seeing that's when everyone played it like the old COD games where you ran around but now that the game is out, the meta completely changed.

I've seen a lot of talk about camping, so I know I'm not the first but goddamn I just had to talk about how fucking annoying this shit is.

[edit]

The fact that I can go a good chunk of time without seeing another enemy player, the fact that I can go a good chunk of time without even HEARING a single shot in the entire map being fired, IN FUCKING CALL OF DUTY.

IS.

GODDAMN.

BONKERS.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is by far the most frustrating Call of Duty I've played. For reference I've played MW, MW2, BLOPS, MW3 and Advance Warfare.

In every Call of Duty game both teams spawn on the other side of the map and as people are killed, they start spawning in different location. People moving and the spawns make it so there's always movement, it's never stagnant.

In this game, though? Every deathmatch is nothing but each team camping the side that they spawned in and the chokepoints are just the middle of the map. It's actually crazy that the entire meta of this game is to spawn, find a camp spot and just wait. It's genuinely one of the most frustrating experiences I've had with a multiplayer game. I got the game 'cus the Beta was really fun but now I'm seeing that's when everyone played it like the old COD games where you ran around but now that the game is out, the meta completely changed.

I've seen a lot of talk about camping, so I know I'm not the first but goddamn I just had to talk about how fucking annoying this shit is.

[edit]

The fact that I can go a good chunk of time without seeing another enemy player, the fact that I can go a good chunk of time without even HEARING a single shot in the entire map being fired, IN FUCKING CALL OF DUTY.

IS.

GODDAMN.

BONKERS.

Deathmatch is garbage in this game. I suggest you stick to objective modes, especially hardpoint, which I find gets a good amount of action.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Deathmatch is garbage in this game. I suggest you stick to objective modes, especially hardpoint, which I find gets a good amount of action.
Yeah, I might have to remove Team Deathmatch from the list.

I can't believe that the only playlist I've played since 2007 might be a thing I have to stop playing.

Is this something that devs are looking into? Or was the intent to have a game where spawns never flip and everyone just waits for the dumbass who moves to die? 'Cus at this point I'm legit regretting buying the game.

I mean, in every CoD game you had people complaining about the camper but never has the entire game BEEN about camping. At this point it's not about one guy camping in a match, it's that the entire game feels designed around just camping. You're doing it wrong if you're now just prone in a corner waiting for someone to come around it.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last night I got lit up by someone using blue Bullets/Bullet Tracers. At first I thought it was some type of hack but now I'm not so sure. It's a fucking light spectacle and really distracting.

I need it!!!

Any info and how to's will be appreciated lol

HelloMeow

Oct 25, 2017
Got to try this game and I'm so happy I didn't buy it. It's like the game was made by people who are bad at cod.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing today (UK) while the Christmas dinner is on the way. That shit is a real unfair advantage. I feel bad for wanting it but I want it lol

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Don't know what's going on with the matchmaking, but in my last match there were a couple of level 1 players in both teams... Seems like it doesn't seperate the christmas noobs.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe how bad the spawns are in Crash still.

9/10 times in my latest match of DOM on the map I walked forward and instantly was shot at. It's hard not to think that the spawns are specifically screwed up as to give some players easier kills.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I did get the SCAR with red tracer bullets. Does look cool.

Edit: I feel like every match today was designed to piss me off. Every single person was moving like their loony toon character. Every single person will turn around run 500 miles and then instantly pre-aim at me and kill me. Every single person using the most toxic OP combination with little to no variety.

It's... so fucking frustrating.

Like IW why have you done barely ANY balancing updates? Like a few things might be tweaked but generally what is OP has been left OP.

Just for example, why is the SCAR still so underpowered compared to the other ARs? Why is this a state your OK with? Whoever is in charge of balancing at your studio is seriously inept. I hate to say that but the game has been out for months now and plenty of other games have made larger and more sweeping changes in a shorter amount of time.

Last edited:

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
I did get the SCAR with red tracer bullets. Does look cool.

Edit: I feel like every match today was designed to piss me off. Every single person was moving like their loony toon character. Every single person will turn around run 500 miles and then instantly pre-aim at me and kill me. Every single person using the most toxic OP combination with little to no variety.

It's... so fucking frustrating.

Like IW why have you done barely ANY balancing updates? Like a few things might be tweaked but generally what is OP has been left OP.

Just for example, why is the SCAR still so underpowered compared to the other ARs? Why is this a state your OK with? Whoever is in charge of balancing at your studio is seriously inept. I hate to say that but the game has been out for months now and plenty of other games have made larger and more sweeping changes in a shorter amount of time.
Your edit is exactly why I haven't bought that scar bundle which cosmetically looks awesome.

Oct 25, 2017
Played a groundwar on District earlier that had nearly infinite artillery and airstrikes being called on our main spawn over and over.