• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder whats up with the South Korean Domino skin.
everyone besides the Operator Edition operators have 3 uniforms and 3 alt colors for each, thats a 4th skin for her.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are no season passes. This cod basically has zero reason for prolonged play. I mean they even took a fucking map away from us (palace) - or at least for DOM.

it has seasons, and you have to buy into each one we're lead to believe, like fortnite battle passes. Each battle pass will get you different rewards/stuff beyond level 55,you then reset back to 55 for the next season/battle pass

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Wait, there is another update? FFS, this game won't let me play it lol... can't they just somehow upload the servers or smtin..

also one of the patch notes that is good to know:
  • "Claymores: Stun grenades can now force claymores into a disabled state for 3 seconds "

One feature that got pointed out on reddit, and I really would like is VOTING for which map to play in like previous cod x, y or random.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
At level 155 you get the classic M16
prO_ziQM41urwYZJO95KFPysW5-JURvolCpOXLS73rw.jpg
Yup. As a former Marine, that brings me back.

SedatedMeerkat I'm more casual, too. Any chance you wanna party up?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I can now see why Hardpoint isn't in the public playlists

Apparently the people at Infinity Ward think spawning people inside the Hardpoint is acceptable

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
XB1X

If this game hard crashes my Xbox one more fucking time today then I'm getting a refund and I'm never touching a CoD game again

Seriously fuck this nonsense

Everyone I play with hates this game and I enjoy it and I just want to play it and have a good time but it will not let me do that. Over a dozen crashes in three days. Fuck this

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
man, these maps fucking suck, how the hell these maps passed internal playtests i dont understand. at this point just fucking give us all remakes from past cod:mw games, i dont trust these dudes to make anything new, if they dont fix this shit, im just gonna back to BO4

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
This netcode is ass, especially on Piccadilly. Come on. And this losing progress crap has to stop

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
XB1X

If this game hard crashes my Xbox one more fucking time today then I'm getting a refund and I'm never touching a CoD game again

Everyone I play with hates this game and I enjoy it and I just want to play it and have a good time but it will not let me do that. Over a dozen crashes in three days. Fuck this
PS4 version is pretty stable. I only had the game freeze once on the menu screen (where you see your character walking in place) and closed the game and restarted and everything was fine again. I'm level 42.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
man, these maps fucking suck, how the hell these maps passed internal playtests i dont understand. at this point just fucking give us all remakes from past cod:mw games, i dont trust these dudes to make anything new, if they dont fix this shit, im just gonna back to BO4
The maps are trash because the way they were designed goes back to Infinity Ward's very map design philosophy. They even outright said the maps were designed so lower skilled players can get easy kills by camping

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
They spread themselves real thin

3 of the maps are garbage. But I do think the rest are fine

have to hope the dlc works out

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
The maps are trash because the way they were designed goes back to Infinity Ward's very map design philosophy. They even outright said the maps were designed so lower skilled players can get easy kills by camping

you can camp in any map ever made, if anything, the spawn trapping bullshit in this game will drive any newbie up the wall

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I really do wish we got more maps soon, I feel like if you're playing 6v6 solely, there are not enough maps.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
The only game modes I can play in this game without losing my mind are Search, Gunfight, and any other round based mode. That way the game is actually tactical, and it makes more sense to play slowly.

TDM and all the other modes are just a camp fest, claymore fest, and everything else.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up the campaign on veteran. Overall wasn't too hard and I did end up enjoying it. Not my favorite CoD campaign this gen, I'd put it 3rd below Infinite Warfare and Advanced Warfare, but better than Ghosts, WWII, and Blops 3. Standout missions were Clean House, The Embassy, Going Dark, and Hunting Party.

For all the talk of how gritty and realistic it was going to be, it basically just amounted to having a lot of unarmed civilians being executed or shot in most of the missions, the game pretty much goes full action movie by the end anyway which I think kind of defeats the purpose. Although the final gameplay bit was pretty satisfying.

I figured Garrick was gonna be a rebooted character in some fashion but making him Gaz was a cool choice. Price namedropping the Pripyat mission and pretty much every other important character in the MW series that didn't pop in this one was admittedly pretty hype too, even if it is cheap sequel bait.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cool cool cool the game only hard crashes my Xbox when I'm playing with friends, cool sweet ok not like I wanted to play with friends anyway, cool game

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does everyone have the same daily challenges? Because the pager charm for today's challenge is hilarious

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish the challenges worked...

And really wished I would stop getting disconnected to the host... especially at the end of the game.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC

COD definitely has a retention problem, but it's interesting they think it's a gameplay/lethality thing--especially considering BFV at launch also seemed to have a retention issue but they looked at TTK/TTD as the problem, not the solution.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Nikolai: "[St. Petersburg w]as the capital before Moscow."
Price: "The good ol' days..."

I mean, I know CoD's pretty reactionary, but outright tsarism?!?! That's a new level of reactionarism for the franchise.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I played like 6 matches just now on my phone using the xcloud console streaming, and I didn't do too bad all things considered. Maybe ill get better because of it? Either way, it was satisfying playing cod in my bed.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
COD definitely has a retention problem, but it's interesting they think it's a gameplay/lethality thing--especially considering BFV at launch also seemed to have a retention issue but they looked at TTK/TTD as the problem, not the solution.
CoD's retention problem is mainly due to releasing a new game every year. Treyarch's games seems to be the only ones that can hold a good size playerbase after the next CoD comes out.

MW will be interesting to observe. It's the first CoD with free DLC so we'll see if the game can retain players now.

Although the rumored F2P battle royale game night cut some of its legs.

Oct 25, 2017
CoD's retention problem is mainly due to releasing a new game every year. Treyarch's games seems to be the only ones that can hold a good size playerbase after the next CoD comes out.

MW will be interesting to observe. It's the first CoD with free DLC so we'll see if the game can retain players now.
I sure as hell won't be buying that disaster

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC

Annual releases definitely contribute but I wouldn't say it's definitely the reason without looking at the data.
If they're looking at TTK, then it means players are churning much faster. They probably looked at how player performance correlates with retention and made the decision based on that.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why's this the first time I've seen Grazna Raid after playing for such a long time? Was it not in the map rotation before?

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
XB1X

Good luck getting a refund, if you have more than 2h clocked in Activision couldn't care less, it's a fucked up situation, I was literally begging for a refund cause the game kept crashing during every match, no budge....thankfully with the latest patch it's almost not crashing at all, hopefully the next patch will completely eliminate crashes.