• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
Apr 8, 2018
Can anyone confirm if the game is priced at $49.94 in Walmart stores? I thought it was confirmed in a few days ago, but now it's showing as $59.99 at every local store in the app.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
So confused by the install of this gane (xbox one). Inserted the disc , waited all day and downloaded all of the packages and updates (85 gig) .

Yet when i launch the game, installation progress is 66 percent and both coop/ campaign say I cant play until installation is complete.

What the he'll is going on.

Edit: ok nm reboot fixed it

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Phew, finally got that 10 headshots with pistols. Realism mode definitely helped. Pistols are terrible in this lol.

Also this was funny.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Not bought it yet but will eventually. Did they cave to the whiners and reimplement the minimap? Is it still a UAV fest in MP?
There is a minimap but it doesn't show enemies unless you have a UAV up. I only played 4 matches last night and most people were just starting as well so we only had personal UAV's unlocked.

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
Probably been asked before but what is up with the dailys not tracking? Played 1 match this morning and it tracked then but not now

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing CoD for years. The TTK is definitely going to take some getting used to. Haven't gotten wrecked this hard in a long time. Maybe I just need to learn the maps. I was killing it in the beta but this feels a little different. Maybe I need to learn all the maps.

I'm also noticing a lot of players behind walls/ledges with only the helmet visible and still shooting. I can only see a sliver. Not sure if that's just me though lol.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dude.... Are you me? Lol. Fucking hell I love Apex but shit it is so annoying with those fucking wraiths juking back and forth and slipping away because bullets don't actually kill in that game. Sniping is pointless unless you are finishing someone off/or peppering them. In this game, you will fucking drop someone with a bolt action.

I just checked, and indeed..I am you. Weird huh? :)

I love apex too, but they also f'd up the ranked system this season - way too KILL focused for points - you can play for 15 minutes, survive multiple fights, break shields, barely crawl into the 4th circle, finish 7th and still lose points in Gold tier. One quick death requires like 6 sixth place finishes to break even. (or something like that). The game doesn't respect the players time right now.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All the sweaty players are out in force now.

fuck

and all the other challenges arent tracking either, used scavenger loads and only had 1 register out of three games.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
4k/60fps/HDR/RTX is seriously magical

I have a question for you PC folks:
Have you been getting any artifacting? I just got a 2080ti and this is one of the first games i've played for a long amount of time. I'm getting some map related artifacting and glitching in spots.
I wonder if my GPU is faulty. I'm not hitting over 70c.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
How do I make the game install the damn shaders once and for all so it doesn't have to do it everytime I quit and come back? This is annoying as hell. (PC)

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
have to say i'm only a couple missions in but the way russians are portrayed in this game is making me uncomfortable and i'm not even russian

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Just catching up now, is it lower/higher than before? I'm super intrigued to jump back in. Went REALLY hard during COD 1-2 days and COD4, fell off hard after that. Wondering if this will get me back in.

My history is similar. CoD2, CoD4, and Black Ops 1 are the only CoD's I played a lot of. This game really does feel like a CoD4 spiritual successor.

someone said
levels earlier
Gracias

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
4k/60fps/HDR/RTX is seriously magical

I have a question for you PC folks:
Have you been getting any artifacting? I just got a 2080ti and this is one of the first games i've played for a long amount of time. I'm getting some map related artifacting and glitching in spots.
I wonder if my GPU is faulty. I'm not hitting over 70c.

There was a couple times where it seems like the lighting was wrong. RTX enabled and disabled. Just looks weird.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After playing the multiplayer for a few hours and getting a little more than half way through the campaign....I think this is my GOTY. Really odd to say that about a cod lol.

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
Are there any perks to getting the digital bonuses? I plan on using my GC discount but I don't want to miss anything worthwhile

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had no crash of system but sound stopped working once. Quit and start the game again. Xbox one x. It's very crisp and no drop yet (mp only )

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
After playing the multiplayer for a few hours and getting a little more than half way through the campaign....I think this is my GOTY. Really odd to say that about a cod lol.
Man that's awesome. It totally is, but COD 1, 2, and 4 were all GOTY for me when they came out. Seems like forever ago. COD 3 was also incredible and super underrated but it wasn't really a cod game. I kind of miss it actually haha. Does anyone remember it? Multiplayer was such a good balance between BF1942 and COD

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Went to buy some doritos and mountain dew for the 2xp (I know), and apparently Walmart prints a 2xp code on the reciept for every item you buy. That's a pretty smart way to get around folks just taking pictures of the bags

Not that I know of. It says I've done 2/40 for the day and I have no idea how that is happening. Maybe damaging with explosives or something?

There's a Perk that does that in one of the default classes if I remember right.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I just played MP for four hours straight and was having a blast.

Is that message about having to complete single player missions when online to earn rewards true? It'd stink if I had to replay what I did when the servers were down
Logged back in today and it looks like I got all the single player rewards from the 3 missions I played (an operator and some XP tokens)

Also my MP challenges that weren't progressing backfilled and were completed