• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Having buyers remorse?

• Yes

Votes: 64 5.4%
  • No

Votes: 917 77.3%
  • Not yet

Votes: 206 17.4%

• Total voters

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I un-preordered the PS5 a couple days ago.

Probably heading for the X this round but I forgot about preorders today so whatever. I'll wait.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
I secured myself both a Series X and a PS5 and I don't have any remorse. I did secure myself an RTX 3080 and ended up cancelling my order though.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Not sure yet. Seeing both of the expenses (both consoles) on my card in the middle of a pandemic is something else. I don't think i'll regret it completely, like i'll 100% use the system of PS5, just seems too much

Oct 28, 2017
Nope. I was saving up 400 bucks in rewards bucks for exactly this and I managed to snag an X at the MS store for 133.10 of my own money, and I've been saving up a few Amazon gift cards for the PS5, so that was only $300.

I'm in for next gen for a little more than 400 bucks out of pocket.

plancomes.gif

Last edited:

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Extremely happy I managed to secure two PS5 Standard editions, still on the look out for a Digital edition though.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Nope. I've stuck with the base PS4 for the entire gen and I'm excited to play Demon's Souls, Miles Morales and Cyberpunk 2077 on new tech. I'm going to try and avoid looking at my bank account in november though lol.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Even if the PS5 had 0 games I wanted to play at launch I wouldn't feel buyer's remorse. It'll eventually have a ton of worthwhile exclusives so it's a solid purchase no matter when you buy it.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Already paid off the PS5, headset, charge dock, extra controller and media remote on Amazon UK. No regrets.

Already purchased Dirt 5, Control Ultimate, Black Ops, Watch Dogs and will be ordering demons and Spidey soon.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I have both preordered and plan to cancel one or both. I'd like to find someone I know to sell one to for cost but I don't see that happening as nobody I really know buys consoles day 1.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Nope I'm sticking to my plan of getting a PS5 at launch and upgrading my PC next year. My PS5 and all accessories have been all pre ordered, I still need a backup PS5 pre order, but so far I'm good.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
couldn't get a series x pre-order and that makes me sad, because my ps4 is busted and I'm on a base Xbox....

the upgrade will be substantial.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Got a Series S, but there is a small part of me saying, "psssst...get an X instead." Even though its not needed in my case.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Had money put aside since January, yes it was hard not to spend that $600 over 10 months, but i got thru.
End up spending $540 on a ps5

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Nope, I had planned and saved up for next gen around two years ago, along with other stuff for it as well like my home entertainment setup.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
There is something... weird about the OP.

Anyway, I don't have the courage of pre-ordering a console. I will be keeping an eye on both consoles (or should I say three? four?) and there is a good chance I decide to pick one this year... and I will cry a lot of I come to regret it.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Nope. In fact the holding charge just went away so my account is back to being $540 larger (until it ships). I'm good.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I am content today with my preorders. I was a fucking mess without the preorder yesterday. So, no. I do not have buyer's remorse. More like buyer's euphoria. I can't wait.

BWHough

Prophet of Truth
May 14, 2020
A little bit, if not only because my girlfriend and I are talking about buying our first home together. But I sold my PS4 Pro for $300, so that $200 won't make much of a difference when we're talking about the price of a home, lol.

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
Don't even know how this is possible this early.
Furthermore you can sell at higher price if stock issues persist.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
No for better or worse I have put an agonizing amount of thought into getting both consoles (upgrading from Pro/X), which model, and was fortunate enough to have the finances to swing it. It has been a long year so I'm just gonna enjoy it.

Cleardata

Nov 1, 2017
I had saved plenty of cash and Amazon gift card balance in the lead up. I am comfortable with purchasing a next generation console this November. Now, it is up to me to determine if the value is ultimately worth it as an early adopter, or if I should roll with my PS4 Pro one more year and then pick one up closer to the release of Horizon and God of War. Demon Souls and Miles Morales are really good incentives to keep my preorder though. So I don't imagine I am going to cancel, but you never know.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hell no, now that I finally have confirmed Series X and PS5 orders, the hype train is at full speed!

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
The real question is. Series S or X... I don't have a 4k tv so was initially gonna go for S. But the small storage is bothering me, besides not knowing how well games will run in the future.

Get the X. If/when you upgrade the TV, the X will be ready. Plus you get the extra storage (it looks like you'd have to pay the $200 anyways for the expandable cards), but the more powerful system with its improvements to BC. You'll also have the 4K Bluray drive available if you wind up getting a physical collection or want to watch Blurays.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Not on the PS5 but I got this shitty ass Denon Receiver that I hate but cannot find any other since there is a supply issue atm. Sighhh

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
None, PS5 actually has a bunch of games I want to play day 1 (on top of BC with PS4 and not having to hear my PS4 Pro take off like a fucking rocket when I play a game). That's a lot better than PS4 that didn't have BC and a weak line-up at launch.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Everything's already paid off and the credit bill is payed off. Now we wait.

Only thing I'm having buyers remorse on is whether or not to take a vacation day. I almost always regret it after.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
My first time buying a console at launch. Already had the money saved up. I'm frankly over my PS4. I'm so ready for next-gen.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The only remorse I have is doing business with best buy for both systems. Especially after I lost my ps5 order!

That's the system I'd rather have at launch because of Demon's Souls. I'll be happy with the Series X too tho. Gonna upgrade to a LG CX here shortly.

Tawney Bomb

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I did when I initially preordered the PS5, but I always have initial remorse about spending several hundred dollars on a single item.