• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...Achieves-Week-Sales-U.S.#.Xef2XeDOaKE.twitter

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Over Thanksgiving week (Nov. 24 to Nov. 30), the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite systems sold a combined total of more than 830,000 units in the U.S., according to internal data. This ranks as the single best week of U.S. sales in Nintendo Switch history. These results were bolstered in part by the recently introduced Nintendo Switch Lite system and a variety of Black Friday offers, such as a Nintendo Switch bundle that included a full game download of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game at no additional charge. Total sales of Nintendo Switch in the Americas have reached 17.5 million units.

Bundle me with last year's SKU and no price drop if old.

Update on Pokemon and evergreens:

In addition to hardware, Nintendo Switch software also sold well over Thanksgiving week. In only a few weeks since launch, the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games have now sold a combined total of more than 3 million in the Americas. Other Nintendo Switch games also passed new life-to-date sales milestones in the Americas, including Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at 8.5 million, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at 8 million, Super Mario Odyssey at 6.5 million and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe at 1.5 million.*

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Impressive with no really insane black friday deals. I think Nintendo is going to ship 20M this fiscal year (its up 1M YoY in Japan).

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
b0bazse.gif

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
The sales are best week of U.S. sales in Nintendo Switch history. Not Nintendo history - so Wii still outperformed it.

Impressive sales of Switch in that week and the software figures for Mario Kart and Smash are insane. Pokemon is doing well.

m051293

Oct 29, 2017
Also 830K is best week ever for Switch.

Super Saturday week is usually > Black Friday I believe for Nintendo systems, so December is going to be massive.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
That's console launch week sales holy crap and that's without a sale. The Switch lite must be making a huge difference.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Here i thought plattforms werent important anymore - congrats Nintendo.
Deserved since they built up that lineup quite nice since Summer and refreshed their hardware lineup in September. Perfect Storm.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hot damn, Smash is at 8M already (5M at the start of the year). What a crazy number!

830k units sounds pretty good, with Pokémon releasing the week before, those weeks should've been pretty huge as well.

Crazy first party sales numbers all around, of course.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here we go, off the rails
Did you know, it's time to raise our sales?
It's billion$ like you never knew

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The impressive thing is - Wii did this numbers while being much cheaper than other systems....Switch - at least the OG one is as expensive as the other systems if not more, especially during Black Friday.

Makes me wonder what they could achieve next year when they drop the price.

m051293

Oct 29, 2017
America Sales Digital/Physical As of Nov 30, 2019

MK8D >8.5M
SSBU >8.0M
SMO >6.5M

As of Oct 16, 2019

BOTW >6.0M (Guessing it's around 7M through Black Friday)

Also notably Cyber Monday is not included in any of today's reported figures (probably because it falls in NPD's Dec tracking period, which they won't report on until it closes).

EDIT: Fixed Header to read "America" instead of "US"

Last edited: