• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
No platform holder is going to just be cool with a developer implementing cross progression for a sequel on an entirely different platform.

It sucks for us but I'm not gonna act like Playstation is actively involved in the most evil scheme of the modern gaming era

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
User Banned (1 Week): Repeated history of system warring and inflammatory community generalizations
Fuck Sony. Plain and simple. Most people act like they are God's on this forum but they have been the worst of the big 3 in regards to shit like this and the Destiny exclusive deal is the worst in the history of gaming. D2 plays amazing on PC, but I have no desire to re grind the thousands of hours on my characters I already did on Xbox. Always was baffled why a cross save was never implemented.....but now that we hear that good ol Sony was involved I'm really not shocked at all.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully once the exclusivity agreement is over fans of the series won't have to worry about Sony fucking up their ability to transfer characters or play with friends across platforms.

Oct 25, 2017
That's fucked up. Shoulda just allowed it for Xbox.

With this premium PS+ thing on the horizon, Sony is just doubling down on nickel and diming its customers without providing actual service improvements. This has been going on for years now. So of course it will continue for D3.

That premium ps+ thing was fake.

Jan 20, 2019
Fuck Sony. Plain and simple. Most people act like they are God's on this forum but they have been the worst of the big 3 in regards to shit like this and the Destiny exclusive deal is the worst in the history of gaming. D2 plays amazing on PC, but I have no desire to re grind the thousands of hours on my characters I already did on Xbox. Always was baffled why a cross save was never implemented.....but now that we hear that good ol Sony was involved I'm really not shocked at all.

Soo, why is not available between Xbox and Pc?
Any spcealy reason why bungie whouldn't do?

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sony is actually the worst. Fucking waste men!

i'm gonna hold off buying a ps5 as long as possible and i buy every console launch day. i did the same with the xbox one when ms effed up.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soo, why is not available between Xbox and Pc?
Any spcealy reason why bungie whouldn't do?

I would imagine the marketing deal holder probably would have not been fine with "Hey, there's this exclusive feature on these other platforms."

Remember this is a series that MS had to do a spoof cologne ad just to have an "ad" for the game.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I might actually still be playing Destiny if I could have transferred my character to PC. Oh well, all good things must come to an end.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, what kind of deal did bungie sign?

hqdefault.jpg

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a shitty thing. Sony has done lots of great stuff this gen, but man, lots of shitty stuff like this as well.

Worrying thing is, that they are likely to be miles ahead next gen as well, so I just don't see them changing.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
That's not good. Honestly, if cross-saves were allowed between PS4 and PC, I might have purchased Forsaken. But I am having a blast with The Division 2.

So, thank you Sony!

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
People are over reacting. They really wanted to have character transfers for the game. However their snarky transfer videos proved too difficult to make without the guiding hand of Adam Boyes so they scrapped the who shebang.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone freaking out over Sony... But why didn't Bungie enable cross progression with Xbox-PC then?

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Everyone freaking out over Sony... But why didn't Bungie enable cross progression with Xbox-PC then?

Great point. And that's the thing...Bungie is the ultimate bullshit king. I still remember the whole SBMM fiasco with D1, and how they were caught in a lie.

At this point it's more like saving face for Bungie, wanting to get some of that eroded playerbase back.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully, now that Bungie and Activision have split, they'll leave all the PlayStation exclusivity bullshit behind with Destiny 3.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Never do a deal with Sony ever again please. They don't have the best interest of the players in mind.
What a shitty thing. Sony has done lots of great stuff this gen, but man, lots of shitty stuff like this as well.

Worrying thing is, that they are likely to be miles ahead next gen as well, so I just don't see them changing.
Every gen is a fresh start.
They did good this gen but lost the previous one (when it mattered)
It's anyone's ball game.

Hopefully D3 is a fresh start as well

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
For everyone asking why there's no transferring between Xbox/PC:

I would imagine the marketing deal holder probably would have not been fine with "Hey, there's this exclusive feature on these other platforms."

Remember this is a series that MS had to do a spoof cologne ad just to have an "ad" for the game.

This seems like a good enough reason. I feel like if Bungie really wanted it to happen they would push for it, because cross-saves/progression is something the community has been pretty vocal about having.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All we hear from Jason Schreier in this podcast, as highlighted in the OP, is that Sony didn't just prevent cross progression for their platform, but for all platforms. Did you read what was posted? Or are we now just jumping to the conclusion that this is a lie?

Green

Oct 27, 2017
All we hear from Jason Schreier in this podcast, as highlighted in the OP, is that Sony didn't just prevent cross progression for their platform, but for all platforms. Did you read what was posted? Or are we now just jumping to the conclusion that this is a lie?

Not saying anything is a lie. Just find it pretty astounding that Sony can block features of an Activision game on other platforms if that's the case.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not saying anything is a lie. Just find it pretty astounding that Sony can block features of an Activision game on other platforms if that's the case.
they probably had a lot of control over the game as a result of the deals that were in place. i assume a clause in any marketing deal is that you can't make other versions more appealing with more features.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Activision and Bungie struck a deal that actively hurt all players, even PS3 and PS4 players. Good thing I invested little money in the franchise because they screwed me over too.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
These incredibly thorough exclusive deals are awful for consumers and the industry as a whole. The Destiny deal is the worst this generation, hands down.