• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Pleasantly surprised at how good Bumblebee and Starscream look. That mid-flight transformation looked nice.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Director of Kubo is certainly an upgrade over Bay. It shows.

Wish all those movies could be undone and redone.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
What Bay series?

tenor.gif

Can't we pretend this is a hard reboot like Deadpool? Because it can become one if we wish it hard enough.
There's already plans for a reboot. This isn't it.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember the last time a Transformers trailer didn't feel obnoxious. Wow.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wow, I got mad ET vibes from the trailer
Looks very much in line with the original Spielberg concept

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
So this is a soft reboot of the Transformers series?

It's how I would do it. Take a popular character who hasn't overstayed their welcome, put them in their own movie/verse with a different director, crew and more, see what happens. If it is good, then Bay gets the kick and the switch focus.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I never thought I'd feel anything for the Bayformers franchise ever.

And yet here we are. Those G1-esque designs, uft.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
So this is a soft reboot of the Transformers series?

It's how I would do it. Take a popular character who hasn't overstayed their welcome, put them in their own movie/verse with a different director, crew and more, see what happens. If it is good, then Bay gets the kick and the switch focus.
It's not a reboot. This is just the final movie in the Bayverse and Paramount probably wants to end it on a positive note.
Where was John cena in the trailer though??? Looking forward to this movie
He's the military looking guy.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
The face could be better but I like bee's overall design. One thing I hated about the bayformers is the radio voice of bumblebee. Why don't they just give him a normal voice.

Also, I think one of the vehicles bee has copied is a Jeep.

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
In yet another example of how my opinions and tastes don't gel with most of this forum, that looked horrible.

I don't care if it looks closer to the gen 1 design. It just was far too much "boy and his dog" for my taste.

Sat what you want about the bay movies, they get across the idea of the transformers being killer robots from outer space far better. Both in action and general design.

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Personally i liked bays more detailed robots, They just had so much of detail poured into them, making some scenes very re-watchable.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
This will be the Logan of Transformers movies.
That's a good comparison.
Oh wow! I'm behind the times. Did the TLK come at a loss?
It bombed in China, which wasn't the case with the last movie.
In yet another example of how my opinions and tastes don't gel with most of this forum, that looked horrible.

I don't care if it looks closer to the gen 1 design. It just was far too much "boy and his dog" for my taste.

Sat what you want about the bay movies, they get across the idea of the transformers being killer robots from outer space far better. Both in action and general design.
We've had 5 movies of that. This franchise needed a tonal change.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Actual Bumblebee and Starscream designs that aren't meh? Consider me interested.

But Bumblebee still can't talk in the past because, reasons?

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
...good god, I'm actually interested in another Transformers movie again, what is this?!

Love the director, too, plus that G1 Starscream!

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit! The designs are G1 as hell and I love it! Not sure about the E.T. eque plot but we'll see

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

"Killer robots from outer space" is possibly the most boring and pedestrian way to sum up Transformers imaginable.

The Bay films are all varying degrees of by-the-numbers cynical blockbuster assembly line dogshit. This trailer alone is already better than all five Bay films combined.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
His voice program or whatever was damaged when he crashed on Earth.
I know, it was damaged in some battle, but I don't think they ever said post or pre crash. Still, it's a bit tiresome to be six movies in with the same thing going on (with undoubtedly the same types of jokes).. particularly after then fixed it that one time and retconned it the next movie. lol

I'd just prefer him to be able to talk here and lose it at the climax in the movie in some battle. The whole using tapes/radio/quotes to speak thing is done to death imo.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you've seen shape of water

and now you get to meet bumblebee

one of the last of its kind who meets a young lady, but now he's hunted by those who don't understand him

and they totally fuck too

bumblebee in theatres soon forward by hideo kojima

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
This actually looks good. I can't believe I'm actually interested in seeing a Transformers movie again.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
This is prequel or first movie in reboot universe ?

The last knight show that BB go help Allies fight Nazi in world war 2 but this look like first times he met human.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it could be a pretty safe film, but I won't complain if the execution is solid. If it turns out well, it would be a neat way to give whoever handles the reboot a general idea of the type of movie to go for instead of following Bay's direction. Also dug these two sections. It's almost like the director is genuinely interested in the source material.

Animation style speedlines:

Robot parts on the car's underside:

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Transformers is now a romcom. I mean they were getting shittier and shittier but not sure I was expecting this.

At least the designs are less busy and actually readable .

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
I also like how this addresses another of my issues with the Bay movies in that when in vehicle mode, they magically become the vehicle, like they have an actual car engine, that works like an actual engine, with a massive amount of empty space, and no visible parts which give away that it's not just a normal car.
In my head cannon, Transformers just disguise themselves as vehicles, they don't actually become them. They just need to pass casual inspection Like, Megan Fox shouldn't have even been able to pop Bumblebees hood in the 2007 movie, or if she did, she should have seen a bunch of robot parts tucked away in there and been like 'what the fuck?', like what happens in this trailer.