• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This might finally be the point where the most likely outcome is one that virtually no-one wants as their preferred option (I.e. an ultra soft Brexit)

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone explain what's going on because I'm confused af

We've voted against no deal, but we don't want May's deal.

There'll be a vote on an extension tomorrow, but the EU has to accept that for it to pass, and they won't without something like another election or referendum happening.

However, there's not enough desire for either amongst MP's.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Why do these damn news channels always break away when Ian Blackford speaks in the house. Its annoying!!?

To be fair, and as someone that watches BBC Parliament precisely because I don't want to have reality interrupted by Andrew Neil, Blackford is largely irrelevant to what is going on here, as much as I agree with what he says and enjoy the way he says it.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

There'll be a vote on an extension tomorrow, but the EU has to accept that for it to pass, and they won't without something like another election or referendum happening.

Remainer Tories won't vote for an extension? Boooo

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
  • I cannot see May's deal passing no matter how often she tries, remainers have no incentive to vote for it anymore.
  • Extension beyond the EUP elections are not gonna happen from an EU27 perspective.
  • At the eleventh hour parliament will vote to revoke Article 50
  • Either that passes and we all move on and live happily ever after,
  • or we crash out without a deal.
I honestly believe we have the best chance of this whole shit show going away in an awful long time.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
David Mundell finally realises he might be pissing off his countrymen, even in the blue-as-fuck borders.

My parent's MP was one of the new Tories in Scotland in 2017. He must be nervous as fuck right now - he's been a sheepish supporter of May's deal.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

The motion is clearly meant to be a poison pill for the EU, so they say no (extension until June is like, the one specific scenario the EU have said would be the most problematic). No idea if that date will still be the date by the time they vote on it though, since it's open to amendment.

The play remains forcing a vote that is between the WA and no deal. Will it work? Tune in sometime in the next two and a bit weeks!

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Our Gov/Parliament:

No to May's deal
No to No Deal
No to second referendum
Yes to an Extension
No to no brexit (Will of the people)

UK: We would like an Extension
EU: On what grounds?
UK: because we voted for it
EU: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

deadline comes:

EU: We wish you all the best in your future endeavors
UK: But we voted no to no deal
EU: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've amended this (lol)

It's still what I see happening since no one has the balls to call the thing off let alone make reasonable grounds for asking for the extension.

killer_clank

Oct 25, 2017
  • I cannot see May's deal passing no matter how often she tries, remainers have no incentive to vote for it anymore.
  • Extension beyond the EUP elections are not gonna happen from an EU27 perspective.
  • At the eleventh hour parliament will vote to revoke Article 50
  • Either that passes and we all move on and live happily ever after,
  • or we crash out without a deal.
I honestly believe we have the best chance of this whole shit show going away in an awful long time.

It doesn't need the remainers to vote for her deal though, all it needs is for the ERG and the DUP to be spooked/legal unicorned by Cox into voting for the deal. It's entirely possible MV3 this time next week could pass.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Revoking art 50 won't happen
2nd Ref won't happen
Mays deal won't happen

Only one choice left....... soft Brexit

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
House voted no to no deal - no conditions.

Government should put in place actions to revoke article 50 on the 28th March as a protective..backstop if you like while they seek an alternative deal.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017

Yeeep. May's deal is the closest the ERG will get to their Brexit. The fucking idiots.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
There's an alternative universe where she didn't pull out of the leadership contest and won.

The true darkest timeline.
I will never understand why she withdrew. She is never getting that close to the office of PM again, and lets be honest she had a very realistic shot at beating May in a one on one contest.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
what was that thing brexiters kept saying about remainers wanting to keep rerunning the referendum until they get the answer they want...

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Sky news saying MV 3 will be next Weds, not sure where they are hearing that from

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Sky news saying MV 3 will be next Weds, not sure where they are hearing that from

So today's results surely gives confidence to still vote down mv3 next week - a longer extension would need a good reason which means ref 3 or GE

Still can't believe they can put forwrd the same deal (literally the same, EU won't negotiate more) and it be accepted onto the floor after the biggest defeat for years and the 4th biggest defeat in years

Literally boggles the mind and that's after shit like,the whips turning on heir own bill today

Status
Not open for further replies.