• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017

3 months after launch

Even with the limited number of games they launched with it was baffling to launch in 2018 without one. At least they're developing the store.

razakin

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Question is why it wasn't enabled from the beginning especially if the store is modified Unreal Engine store.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Why a feature like this wasn't there in the first place? That's something basic..

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Ywhnf7v.png

It's not very effective.

Jan 15, 2018
I really wish Epic had added things that are considered basic like this to their storefront before rushing to buy exclusivity to all these games like they did.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was scrolling down the mile-long front page just yesterday thinking about this. They've got to make some changes soon. That style of giant blocks for every game just isn't sustainable even with a search function.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Great now there may as well be no curation and it's just another free for all shit show like steam.

/s

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Great.

Maybe in three months time, they can show installation sizes when you install a game as well.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's impressive. Search bars are truly the future. What's next, controller support? Linux compatibility? Cloud saves?

...It's more moneyhatting, isn't it?

Mhj

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What if their search bar also searched Google and Bing?

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow. I remember a few weeks ago I tried looking for a game there and couldn't find the search bar. I thought I was just being dumb.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, they launched an online store without a search bar?

That's the kind of thing that should be illegal.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Ahahah, fucking seriously? They launched a game store without a search bar?

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of layout, that's what I saw on a regular 1080p monitor when I opened the epic store a couple minutes ago:

Home Page:
EpicGamesLauncher_KBYmreUR2m.png

Store Page:
EpicGamesLauncher_tEf6KrPWGW.jpg

So much for better exposure for the developers. If I was gonna bet on something, a lot of people are not gonna bother scrolling down

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Bravo. Fascinating, Epic. Absolutely fascinating. They finally added something the Search Bar. Must have been hard, wasn't it?