• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Genuine question, did Google ever state that all games would be at 4K/60?

Up to 4k/60.

Then again, they put this slide up, so they were asking for it.

Google-Stadia-specs.jpg

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to PC being Epic Games Store exclusive for 6 months? Does Stadia not count as PC or does EGS exclusive just mean "not on Steam"?

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Google actually cared, they would tell Gearbox "fuck off, release the latest version of the game."

But I bet they're so desperate for content at this point, they don't give a shit.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
What happened to PC being Epic Games Store exclusive for 6 months? Does Stadia not count as PC or does EGS exclusive just mean "not on Steam"?
Stadia isn't considered PC. Which is weird to me too. But that's why we have this old build to begin with. Devs have to release different builds for the platform.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Stadia doesn't count as PC because these aren't the PC versions. For all intents and purposes it's basically a console in a server farm. That's why these ports aren't just running on max settings (and why they need to be ported at all).

Genuine question, did Google ever state that all games would be at 4K/60?
Up to 4k/60. It's what their paid tier is based on delivering though so it's in their best interest to make sure as many games are running at least close to that or else why pay for it at all?

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Just tested there. Seems to be 4K/30 on quality mode and 1080p/60 on balanced mode. Might not be the most stable though?

October build issue is weird but not that big a deal for me.

I guess people's mileage varies.

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For real though, are there a lot of people on this forum who bought Stadia? I'm curious as to how their experience has been so far

I have it. It's actually pretty great. The games are the games - they will come. But the tech has been pretty flawless for me so far.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
For real though, are there a lot of people on this forum who bought Stadia? I'm curious as to how their experience has been so far

The OT has consistently good feedback.

My only issue is some of the ports should be better, technically it runs incredibly well at my end.

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider is the most impressive port I have tested so far. Certainly puts Borderlands 3 to shame.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
The OT has consistently good feedback.

My only issue is some of the ports should be better, technically it runs incredibly well at my end.

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider is the most impressive port I have tested so far. Certainly puts Borderlands 3 to shame.
Nixxes are legendary amongst those who know them for good reason. There is zero mystery why those ports are as good as they are.

This is a team that ported Rise to 360.

OP
OP
LewieP

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Nixxes are legendary amongst those who know them for good reason. There is zero mystery why those ports are as good as they are.

This is a team that ported Rise to 360.
I think Nixxes did the Windows port, and then Feral Interactive did the Mac/Linux port (presumably based on Nixxes' work).

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I think Nixxes did the Windows port, and then Feral Interactive did the Mac/Linux port (presumably based on Nixxes' work).
Well there's another fantastic team. Feral have blown me away with their ports this year.

DF credit Nixxes with the Stadia port of Shadow though, and I don't see Feral mention stadia on their pretty up to date website.

OP
OP
LewieP

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Well there's another fantastic team. Feral have blown me away with their ports this year.

DF credit Nixxes with the Stadia port of Shadow though, and I don't see Feral mention stadia on their pretty up to date website.
Yeah I guess it might be that Nixxes did the Stadia implementation, I just remembered that Feral did the Linux port that is on Steam.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh yes. I hope I can keep my wallet in check because this proposition just keeps getting better and better.