• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. like two of the games I was playing eventually one of the players completely desynced and couldn't control his pieces anymore. tried logging in and out but couldn't get back to being able to control his pieces.

Or we would accidentally board flip and there isn't an undo button for that we could find >.>

It's been like 1.5 years since I tried so ideally it works better now, but I find the whole thing extremely tedious on any more complicated game and would rather just play other things instead of a frustrating version of a board game. I'm glad it works well for you and many other people though. It's just not something me or my friends really want to deal with when we have so many video games we could play instead.
There is an undo button now, so errant table flips shouldn't be a problem.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an active mod community on TTS? It seems like the official list of supported games is pretty low.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Is there an active mod community on TTS?
That would be an understatement.

steamcommunity.com

Steam Community :: Tabletop Simulator

Tabletop Simulator - VR SupportTake your tabletop gaming to a whole new level in virtual reality with the HTC Vive & Oculus Rift! And what's more, both VR and non-VR players alike can play together in the same game room!About the GameCreate your own original games, import custom assets, automate...

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So is there any tips or list of games that a person can run online via say a webcam/chat software if only one person has a copy of the game? Lot of my friends don't have any games as I'm the one with the 400+ game collection. I know like Decrypto can be played over a video chat with just one person owning a copy, and stuff like Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective just needs really a camera on the game map and one person can read the book passages. Any other games that one could technically just live stream via video chat easily like this?

Actually how's The Shining board game?

GUEST_bb416af5-5ddd-4047-964a-3bccd5a9e462

any good? I have a friend who is a massive fan of this book and she might like it as a gift

Reviews for it all commend it's amazing look and production values, but that it barely feels like it has anything to do with The Shining really. The movie theme is just kinda pasted onto a coop traitor game that is very simplistic and also lot of mentions that it's kind of easy, so its a more casual coop game. The game looks great and I was kinda excited but most reviews seem to have it falling into "meh" it's just ok

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This has surely been asked a million times here, but I'm looking to get sleeves for my copies of Marvel Champions and Arkham. I don't really wanna spend the dough to get Dragon Sleeves...what's a good alternative?

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
This has surely been asked a million times here, but I'm looking to get sleeves for my copies of Marvel Champions and Arkham. I don't really wanna spend the dough to get Dragon Sleeves...what's a good alternative?

I've purchased mayday premium sleeves for all my games and are very happy with them.

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
Frosthaven launched:

www.kickstarter.com

Frosthaven

Euro-inspired dungeon crawling sequel to the 2017 smash-hit Gloomhaven

I'm in at $145.
Same here. Nearly at $2 million by the time I backed. Covid won't slow this campaign down it seems!

I might back it later, not sure. Shipping is $28 USD, and they are charging Tax/VAT in Australia, Canada, EU, UK, California, Indiana, Michigan. I don't know whether Canada is just GST, or GST + PST.

$100 pledge to Canada is $100 * 1.05 + 28 = 133 USD + PST = currently ~188 CAD.
$145 pledge to Canada is $145 * 1.05 + 28 = 180.25 USD + PST = currently ~255 CAD.
$240 pledge to Canada is $240 * 1.05 + 43 = 295 USD + PST = currently ~418 CAD.

Looking at those numbers, I might just wait for retail, not 100% sure.

db98ca7efccdd83a4dba085f986d8234_original.jpg

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I'm torned with the Frosthaven KS. In one hand, the Spanish version will be out ~6 months after the KS version hits the streets, and switching from English to Spanish would do wonders for some of my group. In the other, the price for the Spanish version won't be ~113€* ($100 + shipping) at all, but more around the 140€ Gloomhaven costs, and that's without counting any possible extra which would probably be cheaper at the end to get here.

Decisions, decisions....

*Shall customs not say any on that.

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
Well, there's no doubt that there is still demand for quality D&D board games in a box. Frosthaven's doing very well so far, even in the current climate. Kudos to Isaac. I just have lots of these types of games I haven't even finished yet so I can't back it now.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
I got bored of Gloomhaven after a month myself. Glad it wasn't my copy. All the scenarios feel samey after a while. I'd definitely hold off in case the shine wears off.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We've been playing Gloomhaven on TTS about twice weekly for about a month now, and apart from the visible hex grid lines not always matching the underlying grid it's gone surprisingly well.

My almost five year old kid always is really engaged in the gameplay when watching over my shoulder as well — maybe I'll pick up the Jaws of the Lion small box to play at home later this year.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Would be great if you could seperately order the new heroes, as it is now, it just looks to be more Gloomhaven with a winter twist.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Backed at the 240 level. I have the Broken Token organizer for Gloomhaven (which I haven't really played physical, mostly on TTS) so it was kind of a no-brainer.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be great if you could seperately order the new heroes, as it is now, it just looks to be more Gloomhaven with a winter twist.
The entire box still amounts to less than 10$ per new class, which is still a better deal than how many other games charge for their character packs.

Are there any organizer alternatives? There is no way I am spending $80 for one.
You could make your own. I use plano boxes, cd sleeves for monsters, deckboxes for cards, an accordion folder for map tiles

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Plano boxes are the way to go for all the tokens and standee. I just use the original box/plastics for the rest.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
Just weighing in to say that the Broken Token organizer is expensive but absolutely worth it for anyone interested. Turned set-up and break down into a non issue. There are enough card dividers to organize the shop by prosperity level, too; a touch I really enjoyed.

Monsieur Paul

Oct 27, 2017
As a beginner, should I jump on Frosthaven or should I get Gloomhaven? I've read somewhere that Frosthaven is more player friendly.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
As a beginner, should I jump on Frosthaven or should I get Gloomhaven? I've read somewhere that Frosthaven is more player friendly.
Honestly dude, the games look super similar. It's been said that the characters in Frost are a little more technical than those in Gloom, as they assume you've played the first. I think either is a fine place to start. If you can wait till next year, start with Frost.

Monsieur Paul

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly dude, the games look super similar. It's been said that the characters in Frost are a little more technical than those in Gloom, as they assume you've played the first. I think either is a fine place to start. If you can wait till next year, start with Frost.
You're thinking about Jaws of the Lion, which will release retail later this year. Frost seems like it'll have more complex starting classes than Gloom.
Thanks!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
So is there any tips or list of games that a person can run online via say a webcam/chat software if only one person has a copy of the game? Lot of my friends don't have any games as I'm the one with the 400+ game collection. I know like Decrypto can be played over a video chat with just one person owning a copy, and stuff like Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective just needs really a camera on the game map and one person can read the book passages. Any other games that one could technically just live stream via video chat easily like this?

As I mentioned upthread, I've got a kludged together version of codenames doing screenshare and the ultra hi-tech technology of "taking a photo of the colour card and sending it to one other person". Have been wondering if Flashpoint would work, too.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
As I mentioned upthread, I've got a kludged together version of codenames doing screenshare and the ultra hi-tech technology of "taking a photo of the colour card and sending it to one other person". Have been wondering if Flashpoint would work, too.

Imagine lot of coop games would work, just need folks to tell one person who has the board what moves they are making and such

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've purchased mayday premium sleeves for all my games and are very happy with them.

Thanks, I'll look into them.

For some reason this is one of those things I'm researching entirely too much. Like way too much.

Ideally I'd just get Dragon Shields but those are gonna be too expensive for me to take after more expansions roll out.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm actually planning to build my BT insert for Gloomhaven this weekend with all my downtime. I have their inserts for Legendary Marvel and Mage Knight and they're amazing. I also have go9's inserts for Arkham Horror's return to boxes, sadly when sleeved the return to dunwhich box is stuffed to the brim :(

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I planned for both Frosthaven and ANKH, I have such a weakness for Egyptian themes but I'll back and mull it over as the campaign goes on. CMON being CMON, I know it will be expensive.

but this just excites me.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I planned for both Frosthaven and ANKH, I have such a weakness for Egyptian themes but I'll back and mull it over as the campaign goes on. CMON being CMON, I know it will be expensive.

but this just excites me.

Cautiosly optimistic for this one.
Bloodrage is amazing, Rising Sun was also really good but definitely has it's flaws. Hoping it's not becoming a trend that every next game in his trilogy gets worse.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
Are there any organizer alternatives? There is no way I am spending $80 for one.
I bought one of those organizers for a much simpler game and it was a total waste of money. Took forever to build and I could have done setup just as well with a $5 organizer from a craft store.

For Gloomhaven I bought 4 planos and did that YASS solution that was posted up thread, no regrets. If you don't mind using an app along with the game check out Gloomhaven Helper, it cleans up a lot of the table and makes setup even faster. After the initial scenario setup everything I need is in cards and the small Plano box, it's pretty great.

Modest Mauser

Jan 12, 2018
Another KS date... Kemet Blood and Sand: May 26

boardgamegeek.com

Official News Kemet: Blood and Sand | Kemet: Blood and Sand

Hello Kemet fans, This is the official "new info" Kemet: Blood and Sand thread. On this thread, you will find every piece of news we post on Board Game Geek or on social media about our soon-to-be-released 2020 Kickstarter Campaign for Kemet: Blood and Sand! Let us

I might back this. I own Kemet but it's one of my most-played games and is just such a gem with so much staying power that I don't think I can resist such a beautiful new edition... depending on the price.

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
I might back this. I own Kemet but it's one of my most-played games and is just such a gem with so much staying power that I don't think I can resist such a beautiful new edition... depending on the price.

Supposedly they are planning an upgrade for us original edition owners. We will see if that comes true or how much it costs, etc. I am interested too.