• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
aDIhPv1.gif
is this LAIR

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
[Disappointment intensifies]

Meh. I'll pass. Hope they'll remaster something like MGS4, the Silent Hill series or something like that someday.

Given its exclusivity, it comes down to whoever owns the controlling rights to the IP. SotC was a first party project and if I am not mistaken, Demon's Souls IP might be exclusive to Sony (ergo, why Dark Souls was the multiplat title).

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I would sure hope whatever game a studio is currently working on is something they're most proud of.

Oct 27, 2017
Given its exclusivity, it comes down to whoever owns the controlling rights to the IP. SotC was a first party project and if I am not mistaken, Demon's Souls IP might be exclusive to Sony (ergo, why Dark Souls was the multiplat title).

Sony owns the DeSo IP AFAIK. Hence DaSo going multiplat. But I didn't care for DeSo on PS3, didn't care about DaSo (or Sekiro) on any platform, and wouldn't care for a DeSo remaster on PS5 either. But I guess DeSo might be the most high profile first party IP still stuck on the PS3 (besides GoW: Ascension, but for some reason people hate that game), hence the remaster.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Please be Demon Souls.

Ugh I hope its actually a good game.
SMH

Wipeout 2097 (or XL to the yanks) was one of the best games on PS1, the best wipeout game to date, and still holds up. A 4k60 version with VR would be stunning (no the omega collection tracks and gameplay wasn't as good)

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, i'm wondering if it is just a Demon's Souls remaster or a full remake now.

Maybe adding in that broken archgate would be a big enough improvement on it's own .

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Sony owns the DeSo IP AFAIK. Hence DaSo going multiplat. But I didn't care for DeSo on PS3, didn't care about DaSo (or Sekiro) on any platform, and wouldn't care for a DeSo remaster on PS5 either. But I guess DeSo might be the most high profile first party IP still stuck on the PS3 (besides GoW: Ascension, but for some reason people hate that game), hence the remaster.

It has attained a cult like status and afaik, Yoshida regretted not marketing the game well enough given he mistakenly presumed it as a commercial failure.

If I had to guess, this won't be a remaster or even a remake akin SotC, on PS3 and PS4 respectively, both which ran the OG PS2 game code verbatim beneath the facade. BP had been explicit about it. However, given their tone of PR speak on the upcoming project, this may be a proper remake with systemic overhauls where necessary because hindsight is 20/20 and make it a better overall game. I would not be surprised if BP have been collaborating with Miyazaki himself on the project.

Essentially this ought to be BP's FFVIIR treatment moment.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Idk man... can't get that hyped for demon's souls.
We have had some great Souls game, and the games have evolved nicely since DeS.

But still, interested in BluePoints take.. since they seem to be remaking it extensively.

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I loved Dark Souls. I got that for Xmas the year of release but I had picked up and started playing Demon's a week prior which I had stopped because of Dark... And I'm well leveled enough to take on the end of DS2 if it weren't for dlc and other personal quests but that took a back seat because of the PS4.... never did get 3 because I didn't finish 2 and then came Bloodborne and Sekiro....

What I'm trying to say is... I don't need it or care for such a thing as my Souls-like backlog is big enough. Anything else, and I'd be excited.

Nov 11, 2017
Wish it was something else besides demon souls.. dark souls/bloodborne/sekiro passed that years ago disappointing.

Maybe a socom remaster or some shit

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Another souls game huh? Gotta say I'm pretty tired of those types of games.

Bloodborne, ni-oh, sekiro, dark.

Glad for those who still like these but I'm out.

Legend of dragoon remake one day maybe :(