• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What do ya all think? Personally i love this improvement. I am glad they are updating the visuals in time before launch. I know people had some beef with the visuals so i am curious on your opinions!

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
uyzwJ1Z.jpg

Yejldtw.jpg

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Finally starting to look like a proper Castlevania game, visual style and color wise.

The marble should always look old and warm, not dead and cold.

The textures looks much more atmospheric in this update. I love it.

Last edited:

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
My issue with the games visuals were how smooth things moved, the key frames weren't pronounced so everything felt soft instead of snappy.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that voice acting was most definitely not an improvement, lmao.

Weird to pick mostly a cutscene for this comparison, though. I get that it shows the assets from up close, but the cutscenes don't look that good even in the improved version, they should show more gameplay. I already thought the gameplay looked good before.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda get the impression that those who don't like how it looks so far aren't gonna be swayed.
But in any case, nice small improvements, personally I think the game looks fine.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OMG it looks so good now! Man! I'm super impressed. I was already really excited for this but seeing the comparison to last year's demo REALLY shows you what they've been working on since.

And can I just point how how amazing that music track is? Good Lord, I don't think I can be any more hyped for this game than I already am.

breakYODAy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. I never really doubted they would get the visuals improved down there stretch. People are far too harsh on Kickstarter games during development.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Much, much better. Glad to see the game is coming together. This year is going to be fantastic for Metroidvania games, between Hollow Knight: Silksong, Bloodstained, and Indivisible.

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
Looks like they are really doing their best to improve everything, and I appreciate it quite a lot =) It looks definitely better and really shows they care about the project.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Looks much better but I'm still not a fan of the overall aesthetic at all.
Hopefully I will like it a lot more when I see it running natively, which is what happened to me with Link Between Worlds.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that voice acting was most definitely not an improvement, lmao.

Weird to pick mostly a cutscene for this comparison, though. I get that it shows the assets from up close, but the cutscenes don't look that good even in the improved version, they should show more gameplay. I already thought the gameplay looked good before.
For what it's worth, the description on the YouTube video says the sound hasn't been properly mixed in the newer version yet. I expect things to listen better later.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Waaaaay better. Can't wait for this!!!

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I recognize the improvements to the character model and in those particular shots the framing doesn't make the texture work look half bad because that is the level of detail that style works best in, but move forward 4 seconds to when it pulls back and you see the framing of the game as you will see it most of the time actually playing and that is more what I have issues with.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got the monthly update email.

Miriam's helmet hair is no more! Her hair no moves with the physics of her movement!!! Confirmed by Iga himself.

They shred a couple of short videos showing the invert shard and the ray of light bouncy thing shard we saw in the Direct and you can tell her hair is moving!

This game is shaping up nicely!

Mar 23, 2018
I noticed an improvement when I watched the trailer at the last Direct over the E3 2017(?) demo they had. It looked crisper, vibrant and overall better. It's always a bonus right, so it's nice to see it.

Deleted member 34618

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Still not great, but at least it looks like a proper game now instead of a shovelware cash grab. Still think they should have gone with a 2D art style but this is tolerable now at least.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
They are working that iron. Looks great for a first new game out of an indie studio from a kickstarter campaing.

That is to say... it looks pretty damn fine.