• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, got all shards and got a large number of the passive ones maxed. I think the only bit of the map left is the last area for the final boss, but we'll see. Currently hunting down some ingredients to finish off the cooking quest and also getting all the bonus stats. Right now the thing I need is lots of Soy Sauce, which I wish was more efficient to get.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Yea best i found for cheap heals is mana regen hat and using the R1 button heal shard, find a room with a lamp or two and equip a rose ring along with witch hat to get mana back. brings you to a full stop though.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
agreed but hopefully this proof of concept as it were can lead to better things.

Ya its totally fine. More stable dev time would allow for better hires.

Im also not loving the lore, its obviously struggling to find its own voice but several pieces feel so, so forced. Just having a character named Zangetsu is super out of left field and then hes voiced by Hayter?! The backstory is not as elegant as Castlevania games where concepts like Draculas Castle are iconic and self explanatory, but here some dude with a weird bacstory summons a castle from hell? Same problem with Medusas, ghouls and such, with random designs looking very "weelll we made it and we need content so its in" Tonally speaking its all over the place (not just the VA which has serious issues but how character motivations are and how the are presented are very uneven

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia

Im also not loving the lore, its obviously struggling to find its own voice but several pieces feel so, so forced. Just having a character named Zangetsu is super out of left field and then hes voiced by Hayter?! The backstory is not as elegant as Castlevania games where concepts like Draculas Castle are iconic and self explanatory, but here some dude with a weird bacstory summons a castle from hell? Same problem with Medusas, ghouls and such, with random designs looking very "weelll we made it and we need content so its in" Tonally speaking its all over the place (not just the VA which has serious issues but how character motivations are and how the are presented are very uneven
I take it you haven't finished it yet. Story is fine although nothing special. Igavanias weren't exactly known for their story so much anyway.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017

i thought it made enough sense once i got to the end of the game and finished it. Zangetsu i just rolled with it since I played through that Getsu Fuuma Den level in Harmony of Despair and just took his character as like a send up of that character

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I usually get these types of games on switch but 720p 30 fps Vs 4k 60 fps on pro makes it difficult to justify getting it on switch.

Oct 27, 2017
The backtracking in this game puts SOTN to shame. I've gotten completely stuck twice and this time,
I think I need to find the Spike breaker as I just unlocked the inverted castle mechanics and the game gives you no sense of where to go or what to do next. I feel like it's right under my nose but I just spent an hour traveling through the whole map looking for inverted spaces.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So how'd this turn out? All good in the hood or run away from this bitch and never come back if I could?

Just skimming it sounds like waiting for updates is probably a good idea?

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
ppl only got screwed for files in mid-play as applying the patch to a save file run in progress would close prior opened chests and open chests you haven't opened yet. some containing progression items.

I personally just played thru the game minus the patch and it was very enjoyable even in that state, then once i was ready to new game + i applied the patch loaded the game and converted my save to a NG+ file and smooth sailing the entire time i received my backer's copy a day or so prior to release day.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So how'd this turn out? All good in the hood or run away from this bitch and never come back if I could?

Just skimming it sounds like waiting for updates is probably a good idea?
If you're not on Xbox (since it doesn't get the Day 1 patch until next week), there's no need to wait. Game is great. Perfect, no, but an excellent showing from Iga and team.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this wind sword. I don't even know when I picked this up but wow. It is like a machine gun. It just blends shit up.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
The backtracking in this game puts SOTN to shame. I've gotten completely stuck twice and this time,
I think I need to find the Spike breaker as I just unlocked the inverted castle mechanics and the game gives you no sense of where to go or what to do next. I feel like it's right under my nose but I just spent an hour traveling through the whole map looking for inverted spaces.

I think this is one of the worst part in the game, i had to check on internet because i used the inverted ability everywhere and the map was fully explored at that point but you have to use it at a very precise place.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I've asked this before, but do we have any clue what the upcoming Chaos and Classic modes actually are?

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Loving the game, I needed some more IGAvania in my life. Hope the old man is the third playable character

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Not having curse of the moon be the prequel to this is all kinds of confusing and like you wouldn't even need to change the structure of the game very much to have made it work together? really odd choice.

I'm enjoying the collectathon completion stuff but there's a lot of items and shards that probably don't need to exist. There's like 5 or 6 different flamethrower abilities, and the progression path on items leaves a lot of crafts and upgrades weirdly out of step with progression where there's at least 1 or 2 items per type you would never realistically use because the materials are from an area past where their stats are acceptable/comparable to better items.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Just completed it with the true ending. Game was great. Even if some things were a little bit flawed. I am happy IGA could realize his dream once again.

Oct 27, 2017
70-75% complete map spoiler;

Lmao @ the
spike breaker armor location
that is truly a terrible location to put such an important item.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
That's two bosses so far that glitched out on me and could be hacked to death without penalty. Really strange issues with boss AI in this.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Datamining the backer demo implied
Dominique
is this third playable character.
Well that's interesting. Can always hope they add him later. Don't think it will happen, but hey a guy can dream right?

For the first time ever I'm stuck in the game, it feels like I've been around the entire castle multiple times but I can't find where I'm supposed to go.

I've defeated Bloodless and I drained all the blood in the fountain. But then what?
I really have no clue where I'm going. :S

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's interesting. Can always hope they add him later. Don't think it will happen, but hey a guy can dream right?

For the first time ever I'm stuck in the game, it feels like I've been around the entire castle multiple times but I can't find where I'm supposed to go.

I've defeated Bloodless and I drained all the blood in the fountain. But then what?
I really have no clue where I'm going. :S

If you drained the fountain, did you explore what it opened up? Exploring the drainage should navigate you through a water area. Defeat some of the deeseama to travel underwater. That guides you directly to where you need to be going.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Man this game completely flew under my radar. My exposure to Castlevania has mostly been through the DS games (Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin) both of which I enjoyed, but I also just realized it's been over a decade since I've played those games. Hearing the good buzz about Bloodstained definitely has me excited to try it out, and planning to pick it up soon. Looking forward to playing this style of game again.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
If you drained the fountain, did you explore what it opened up? Exploring the drainage should navigate you through a water area. Defeat some of the deeseama to travel underwater. That guides you directly to where you need to be going.
God.. I feel so stupid now. I've been there and trying to get down.
Just to forget that I actually had to press down, to go down. Damn me..

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
NG+ reloads chests correctly, right? I finished the game last night and I'm ready to go again for 100% completion and the plat, but I'm missing some items due to the glitched chests post-patch. Some of which I reverted to 1.00 to get, but I'd like to not have to do that again.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
NG+ reloads chests correctly, right? I finished the game last night and I'm ready to go again for 100% completion and the plat, but I'm missing some items due to the glitched chests post-patch. Some of which I reverted to 1.00 to get, but I'd like to not have to do that again.
this has been the case so far with my experience but put the game down for XIV shadowbringers prep so havent gone much further than getting the double jump in my HM file

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i have many recipes in my inventory, for example Obsidian armor, steel armor, heal items and so on. behind every recipe there is a /R.
where do i hand those recipes in?

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
i have many recipes in my inventory, for example Obsidian armor, steel armor, heal items and so on. behind every recipe there is a /R.
where do i hand those recipes in?

They unlock automatically the resulting product in the crafting menu, starting at 0. I never had to hand them over.

On GoG i had one bugged chest (i thought it was only a console thing) : santa hat -pretty minimal as bugged chest go-
NG+ post update i had not the issue the whole game.

poncle

Oct 28, 2017
London
Got my platinum trophy in about 30 hours, I'm really happy to have backed this and that people are getting over the glitches and inconsistencies, because gameplay and content are amazing.
Can't wait for roguelike mode, I finished the game using only 4 or 5 different attacks, so I'm looking forward being forced to try different styles.

Also the soundtrack is kinda growing on me. The best tracks have been released ages ago, but the new ones aren't bad at all, hope to see some covers popping up on youtube soon.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
are they named differently in the list? because there is no "Obsidian armor" in the crafting list for example

I don't think there is obsidian armor... obsidian equipment recipe should unlock Sanjiegun, tsurumaru, flamberge, ulfeberht sword and some others...

By the way...
i do have a serious issue... in my 2 complete walkthroughs i did i still lack one weapon ... and i don't know what that is because internet is not prepared for the game...
here's my list, if someone can check:

Kung fu shoes
battle boots
lethal boots
toy shoes
steam boots
bunny boots
dragon shoes
hermes shoes
hell's knells

knife
baselard
kukri
poison kukri
swordbreaker
main gauche
carnwennan
mandau pasir

rapier
epee
stinger
misericorde
kazikli
joyeuse
short sword
long sword
ufberht sword
invisible blade

harpe
murgleis
red umbrella
blutgang
fragarach
hofud
dainsleif
florenberg
almace
caladbolg
ridill
bandit blade
blue rose
sword whip
bloodbringer
???????????????????????????????????????????????????
mace
morgenstern
machuahuitl
yagrush
ayamur
sharur
mistilteinn
flying edge
oracle blade
rhava bural
rhava velar
claymore
pelekus
flamberge
spiral sword
berdiche
carnot's rebuke
gram
gambanteinn
lohengrin
schedar
steel lightning
kaladanda
durandal
dies irae
ukonvasara
eternal blue

dull blade
nodachi
tsurumaru
honebami
raikiri
swordfish
dojigiri
zangetsuto
mikazuki
grand izayoi

spear
lance
partisan
shovel
sanjiegun
gondo-shizunori
leng yan ju
Areadbhar
Niflheim
Gungnir
Gae Assail

Whip
Thorn Whip
Flame Whip
Black Cords
Snakebite
Beast killer
albireo
andromeda

Musketoon
Blunderbuss
tanegashima
toradar
culverin
betelfeuse
verethragna
adrasteia

dawn blade (1,2,3)
blue skies (1,2,3)
boreal rime boots (1,2,3)
oleanders (1,2,3)
Shield weapon (1,2,3)
encrypted orchid (1,2,3)
hikari (1,2,3)
moonwake (1,2,3)
god cross (1,2,3)
eu's sword (1,2,3)
redbeast's edge (1,2,3)
prismatic heart (1,2,3)
deathbringer (1,2,3)
claw of onmoraki (1,2,3)
blood grinder (1,2,3)
silent calamity (1,2,3)
sculptor chisel (1,2,3)
black dragon's ode (1,2,3)
renee's requiem (1,2,3)
ambivalence (1,2,3)

Last edited:

poncle

Oct 28, 2017
London
By the way...
i do have a serious issue... in my 2 complete walkthroughs i did i still lack one weapon ... and i don't know what that is because internet is not prepared for the game...
here's my list, if someone can check:

It's probably easier if you list just the weapons above and below the missing one from the Archives menu

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
this has been the case so far with my experience but put the game down for XIV shadowbringers prep so havent gone much further than getting the double jump in my HM file
On GoG i had one bugged chest (i thought it was only a console thing) : santa hat -pretty minimal as bugged chest go-
NG+ post update i had not the issue the whole game.

Ah, perfect, thanks both of you. I'll do a NG+ then, see how quickly I can get through the game, plus it should help with farming gold and other materials for the plat.

poncle

Oct 28, 2017
London
Dammit... i thought i put the ??? there :P
between bloodbringer and mace

Valkyrie Sword: in the twin towers

If you want to know how to get it:
Use Dimension Shift below the guy with the big shield (in the room just before the boss room). There is a hidden chest at the bottom of the screen.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Valkyrie Sword: in the twin towers

If you want to know how to get it:
Use Dimension Shift below the guy with the big shield (in the room just before the boss room). There is a hidden chest at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks big time ! I try to find without your hint first, and if i cannot figure it out, you would have already saved me ;)
Much apreciated/

edit:
With a certain "eye" , i was so obvious ;) ... but considering the place is bugged when using it, i took it off at that moment in my runs (top of the location is cut disgracefully, breaking the place)
Thanks to you:
kq7yvctp.jpg

Last edited:

Timodus

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone from Europe get their PS4 physical copy from Fangamer? I got the platinum trophy yesterday but still haven't received my physical copy.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the platinum. Really loved my time with it, and was surprised by how many charming little touches they managed to squeeze in.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whee do you get Dimension Shift. Is it a drop ? It's a drop in'it ? who drops it ?
Just got the platinum. Really loved my time with it, and was surprised by how many charming little touches they managed to squeeze in.
Got any tips for fighting
That fuck O.D. i hate him so much.

poncle

Oct 28, 2017
London
Thanks big time ! I try to find without your hint first, and if i cannot figure it out, you would have already saved me ;)
Much apreciated/

No problem, that's a tricky item to find for sure

Whee do you get Dimension Shift. Is it a drop ? It's a drop in'it ? who drops it ?

Got any tips for fighting
That fuck O.D. i hate him so much.

At that point in the game it could be better to go back to the library, return the Tome of Conquest to OD so that you don't have to fight him, and then proceed with the game. You get Dimension Shift a bit later on after a boss fight, it's a directional shard. When you feel like fighting OD, just go grab the Tome of Conquest again and go back to the ice cave.

edit: wait a second, you shouldn't be able to fight that boss if you don't have Dimension Shift already

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No problem, that's a tricky item to find for sure

At that point in the game it could be better to go back to the library, return the Tome of Conquest to OD so that you don't have to fight him, and then proceed with the game. You get Dimension Shift a bit later on after a boss fight, it's a directional shard. When you feel like fighting OD, just go grab the Tome of Conquest again and go back to the ice cave.

edit: wait a second, you shouldn't be able to fight that boss if you don't have Dimension Shift already
Really ? huh. I've done everything but fight
Gemory
It's a near end shard drop you cannot miss because it is mandatory to progress the storyline.
Ahhh.

What about that boost jump thing. It's the same thing as in SOTN.

poncle

Oct 28, 2017
London
Really ? huh. I've done everything but fight
Gemory

Maybe the conditions to fight him that are floating on internet atm are wrong, his room is before the other bosses after all. He's really strong and I suggest to go back to him later, I just cheesed him with Inferno Breath while having a ton of maxed skill shards, so don't really have a strategy.

Boost jump thing:
After you get Invert, you can craft the High Jump shard. Requires a bovine plume (get it from the winged cow in Oriental Sorcery Lab)