• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Not my intention to underestimate the value of the Chest Bug, but from reading here and other boards as well I sorta get the feeling that the bug affected only a small minority of players, and a large bunch of other players just got paranoid about potentially being affected, when they were or would've been perfectly fine.

I mean, I can't blame anyone in a situation like this and with the lack of very precise instructions/information from the devs.
But still, I think the problem is way less widespread than it would otherwise seem from the number of people restarting/interrupting their games.

Theres 2 chests you need for progression purposes, and I can confirm that for me the second progression chest was already opened in my playthrough. Most people talk about being past the early game chest and think they're fine.

Just because you're past the first chest doesn't always mean you're home free. You might be fine, but not always. I had a terrible experience with the game. I had to install, and uninstall patch 1.2 and 1.0 to get my game to progress as normal. I encountered bugs along the way.

The worst part was that the vanilla disc was version 1.0, and day 1 we had a patch 1.1... But that wasn't the real day one patch... The real day one patch, 1.2, didn't come until the day after launch? Or maybe late evening once people were already several hours in.

I'm not trying to scare anyone into restarting for no reason. I might have just seen super unlucky, but the amount of open chests in future areas, and random bugs was insane.

I ended up deleting everything because I didn't want issues when the DLC comes out. Maybe a NG+ would've fixed my issues if I pressed forward, but I wanted peace of mind that my save was future proof. Not even worth the risk of items/event/enemies/quests bugging out.

For anyone who's playing with an old save I wish you better luck than I had.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
omg it is soooo easy to break this game, and I love it. No stupid balancing like in most modern games. You can get uber powerful in classic IGA style.
this is one of the best aspects: if i want to put in the work, let me be crazy powerful and dont throw some bullshit in my way.
they really nailed that here (and (so far) didnt go too far with it. there was that one shield in symphony which made you invincible, which was just way too much.
perhaps the "welcome company" shard should be nerfed a little bit.

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
I am six hours in on Xbox. Not having too many issues. I guess I will just turn off updates and keep playing at this stage. I really don't want to restart.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I've just noticed that the recent patch changed the grunts made by the possessed sword enemy, its version 1 voice was hilariously campy when you hit it, this is the biggest voice patch travesty since Xenoblade 2 patched the mor ardain grunts to end DON'T FORGET ME!

So I've explore a good 70% plus of the castle and have finally hit a wall, I have a carpenters key and no idea where to use it, I've seen millionaire and gardener locked doors but none for the key I actually have.
Seeing that it came from a green chest, some of which I've found open before reaching thanks to the busted patch issues, it has me fear I'm missing something important permanently.
My most recent REALLY COOL ABILITY hasn't seemed to open much more up than accessing treasure I couldn't before
said ability is the inversion, what a great way to apply inverted castle without actually doubling up the map tediously

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Can anybody help me out with the last items I need? As far as I know I have every recipe and I've crafted everything. I've also gotten every drop from every enemy.

weapon between bloodbringer and mace
head armor between garbo hat and beast beret
body armor after coronation gown
accessory between nose glasses and ofuda talisman

My map is at 99.90% so I guess that's one or two rooms left. I doubt I'll find all four of those items there though.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
I found contradictory information. I just bough the gamer. I am supposed to update it or not?

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
Anyone on PC experience crashing or lock ups? I get them every few hours or so and it's causing me to lose progress. I know it's not my PC because no other game causes the issue and even did hardware diagnostics.

Rick Sanchez

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it's any help, as I only remember where one of them was located:
19kkl4.jpg

2f3kbg.jpg

This was in the Towers of Twin Dragons area.

3drj5t.jpg
this will help .. thanks

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Can anybody help me out with the last items I need? As far as I know I have every recipe and I've crafted everything. I've also gotten every drop from every enemy.

weapon between bloodbringer and mace
accessory between nose glasses and ofuda talisman

My map is at 99.90% so I guess that's one or two rooms left. I doubt I'll find all four of those items there though.
Well I just found the weapon and accessory I was looking for so I still need these:

As for the two I found:
sword under the bridge before the twin headed dragon fight
accessory in the water area in a long room to the right of the upper lift area

Oct 27, 2017
Since getting my code 24 hours after anticipated (US, PS4 Pro) I've put in about 14 hours into the game. Damn near went to bed at 2 am last night and I have to be up at 6:30. It's so freaking gooooooooooood!!! But it's not without it's flaws. Chest bug, some crashing, random instances of lag and it needs some polish in a few areas but lord have mercy does it draw you in and doesn't let you go!

Rick Sanchez

Oct 27, 2017
Well I just found the weapon and accessory I was looking for so I still need these:

As for the two I found:
what was the weapon and accessory ... i'm missing them too
Edit: i just saw the full replay .. Sorry

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I've decided that I really don't like this game. The hitboxes feel amateurish--they literally feel like a big box around the enemy instead of being something that actually fits the enemy animations and models. The fact that some weapons/shards that you can get very, very early on completely trivialize the normal mode feels equally amateurish since they're just rare drops, not something that requires special knowledge or skill to obtain.

It's a shame. I wanted to like this game, but I'm just utterly bored by it.

Rick Sanchez

Oct 27, 2017

As for the two I found:

the items you missing is Santa Hat and Leather Breastplate Valkyrie Dress

Santa Hat :
this may help
Leather Breastplate :
Found in Galleon Minerva, inside a chest located at the leftmost part of the dock, reached by jumping onto the mast and heading left.
Valkyrie Dress : Towers of Twin Dragons

pzkZIy1.jpg

adFM3Dp.jpg

Valkyrie Dress Location :
vxsrn76.jpg

OMudo91.jpg

Last edited:

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
The Switch version is in the same boat as the Xbox version right now; the patch for that platform is not available (seeing as the game isn't even released there until next week). If you play now, you run the risk of causing the chest state bug when the patch actually hits.
Didn't even know the game was not out. Just passed by a big chain store which had them on display for MSRP price.

Thanks for clarification. Will wait for the patch.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
My setup right now is so strong haha. Glad I'm playing on hard. Riga storaema + flying daggers + reduced mp use stuff.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've decided that I really don't like this game. The hitboxes feel amateurish--they literally feel like a big box around the enemy instead of being something that actually fits the enemy animations and models. The fact that some weapons/shards that you can get very, very early on completely trivialize the normal mode feels equally amateurish since they're just rare drops, not something that requires special knowledge or skill to obtain.

It's a shame. I wanted to like this game, but I'm just utterly bored by it.
Your mistake was continuing to play normal mode when everyone has been saying the hard/nightmare unlock since day 1.

Normal mode is literally just ment for a fun casual playthough.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a list going around anywhere with all the archives details? Trying to wrap up the Item list.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the trophy list it seems I can platinum the game on a single playthrough unless there's some NG+ specific items/enemies/trophy?

Here's what I'm missing:
Cartographer - only nee 0.5% of the map to finish that.
Item Collector - gonna need a guide for this
Demonologist - and this
True Haggler - Easy, Just sell everything I have and reload
Gilded Youth - see above
Bloodstained - I thought the fountain would do it but apparently not?
Growing Pains - at level 47 so shouldn't be too long
Bookworm - Should be easy unless there's a cooldown between borrow periods.
Scrap Heaper - should be easy, just need stuff that doesn't require a ton of Alk to break down
Usurper? - I think I'm missing this one but I'm not sure

Looking at the list the collectathon ones look like the real problems.

If any of those are NG+ only someone let me know so I'm not flailing looking for something that isn't happening.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely sequence broke a bit, as the game dialogue started talking about a boss I killed hours prior. I was wondering why that boss was so hard.

Also got a bad ending with less than 40% of the map revealed, lol

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding OD

heard you fight him, how?

Once you're able to check out 3 books, pick up the 'Tome of Conquest'. He'll remind you about returning the books. Then just head to the warp in the final area and a nearby room will suddenly have a boss door.

As for how you get to check out new books, I'm not too sure. I was able to check out a third after beating the special area that's next to the hidden IGA portrait.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
So I'm stuck again, lol.

Went under the
blood fountain
and explored the area as much as my abilities would let me, got the shard that lets you
swim by throwing jets of water
, but it seems you can't open the underwater chests that way, so I imagine there's some ability I'm looking for that lets you walk underwater?

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see people at steam forums complaining that it is not obvious where to go. Omg people, this isnt a handholding game. You are meant to explore.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Would you say this is a good starting game for someone who's never played a single Castlevania in his life?

How's the general difficulty?