• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
stuck, maybe someone can point me in the right direction:
i just defeated the twin dragon and...nothing? to new ability, no new pathways. that nun took a photo of me, thats it.
Others already answered, but I was stuck here for HOURS yesterday. Ended up stopping and watching multiple twitch streams til someone got there and of course the chat came through, lol.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
A fulfillment company like fangamer and retail distribution channels have all sorts of things to consider that does not make it as simple as being suggested. Not to mention the hundreds of other things that need to be considered during a launch besides just getting the thing to the person. Coordination with platform holders, support teams, having developer resources available to quickly respond in worse case scenarios, not allowing these people to take vacation for a month+ because a lengthy staggered release.

Launching a video game is a very complicated affair. Can we please not declare from our armchairs why they didn't do this obvious thing?

Lots of these things are true for pretty much any product you make. Yet every other industry that goes to kickstarter, be it steak lockers to dry age your own meat in, devices for your phone, or other products are able to easily get things to backers first before things go to stores. If you can put games into random no name mom and pop gaming shops around the country more than a week before release date, you can ship product to backers at the same time or before release day. The production of Switch copies of this game is done, there is no reason they can't ship it to backers right now, other than waiting for release day to make retail chains happy.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Looking for help on a particular trophy early on, fourth area:

The piano trophy, I sat down at it and let the music play but no Trophy popped.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
omfg the game is fucking amazing. It is IGA in his prime.

I am on the ship and I am smiling so much.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Just wanted to write some real quick impressions
Please note, I like the old Castlevania games but I am not coming at this game with a ton of nostalgia or reverence.
I think the core game is feeling like it is really good. I could take or leave some of the anachronistic quirks of Vania's past. I do feel like there is a good bit in this game that feels janky / amateurish. (Sound effects, etc...)

But after about 30 min I am feeling kinda excited to play more. :)

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
The first time I found a teleportation room I thought it was a portrait of ruin style picture to enter.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having some trouble with the second boss fight, any tips?

Do some Villager quests to get food (heals better than potions + increases max hp,) get a weapon you're comfortable with and hit & run. I couldn't really skill it, but was able to heal myself enough and hit him with a 2-handed sword and the gale shard until he was done.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
there is an ability that tanks the framerate HARD
i play in german, but i guess its called circular cutter? its like a bladed yoyo. once you activate it, the framerate is at least cut in half

brjuntinaar

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
So I've played almost 4 hours, and somehow my character's attack stat has changed to being only 6. Seems like a really bad bug. Saving / reloading does nothing to fix it...

Maple-Rebel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 15, 2018
The steam description is great:
Additional Notes (Min. Spec): If you have a potato PC or above, you're ok.
Additional Notes (Rec. Spec): The only potatoes you use are the tasty kind.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Where do I go or what I do after
The alfred and Gebel ""fight"" cutscene, I cant access the "train area" and the clue Dominque gave me didnt helped much either

The greatest boy

Alt account
Banned
May 31, 2019

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
With all this craziness about PS4 backer codes, I'm so glad I backed for the physical copy. Mine arrived a day before release. Such a bummer for everyone else on PS4.
Me too, and while I got to play for about an hour yesterday, I won't today, or tomorrow, and I think, long-term, would've preferred the download code.

Does anyone know how the extra DLC for backers will work - will we get codes emailed to us when they're up?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ooh nice the nodachi's technique is a
parry / deflect

Figured it out just messing around
Forward Forward Attack

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
So this game has looked like shiiiiit forever but these are pretty good impressions, did they pull it out last-second? I'll be pretty pleasantly surprised, I've always been hot for Igavanias, but disappointed in how this was coming along. Maybe I'll give it three months of patches then give it a shot.
The gameplay was always in good hands and the kickstarter campaign handled well, only the graphics looked rough at first but the dev team showed the game too early to backers so its justified