• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Adonais

Oct 29, 2017
Metaverse
This 8-bit coin I found seems to be an ingredient for like 60 weapon recipes. Weird. Anyone use it to craft anything good, or should I hold onto it?

The 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit coins are used to craft different versions of the backer designed weapons. I got Ambivalence with my first 8-bit coin. The 16-bit and 32-bit coins allow you to craft the same weapons with higher stats.

Side note: if anyone is having a rough start with the game where minor enemies are taking entirely too many hits to take down, make sure you don't have the "Safe Ring" equipped by mistake. You'd look pretty stupid if you did that.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
The 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit coins are used to craft different versions of the backer designed weapons. I got Ambivalence with my first 8-bit coin. The 16-bit and 32-bit coins allow you to craft the same weapons with higher stats.

Side note: if anyone is having a rough start with the game where minor enemies are taking entirely too many hits to take down, make sure you don't have the "Safe Ring" equipped by mistake. You'd look pretty stupid if you did that.
Who would do something so silly. Am I right?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Just... Waiting on that code.

giphy.gif

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
This 8-bit coin I found seems to be an ingredient for like 60 weapon recipes. Weird. Anyone use it to craft anything good, or should I hold onto it?
Also anyone trade in there 8bit coin yet or found more?

You'll be able to eventually purchase more of them so no worries if you use them now.

Anyone have any info yet on if any of the new game plus or nightmare modes actually changes enemy counts or things like that? This seems like the type of game where the extra modes can add a lot to it.

All I know is on Nightmare, the very first enemy you encounter is level 13. On Hard, that enemy is level 3.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
THE CODE I HAVE THE CODE THE CODES ARE PROBABLY UP CHECK FOR YORU CODE

(Europe PS4 ver.)

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Played a couple hours and I am really impressed. So glad I backed this. It feels exactly like an Igavania should feel, looks great, runs great (PS4 Pro), and the music has been great so far. Very pleased

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of how easy normal mode looks, gotta wait til the first to play sadly. Hopefully hard/nightmare mode unlocks can be found or patched in out the gate.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Activated the steam code but it seems like I still need to wait for the release. I can't even preload.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
Where are people finding their codes? The fangamer page? Mine only has Curse of the Moon listed

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
game softlocked, I glitched into the ground during a screen transition and had to reset to my last save. Bummer.

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
The game is great having a lot of fun. The game play, the music the Jo Jo pose everything is perfect i missed igavanias so much.

I tried out the lightsaber first, now I'm using Eu's Sword. You can actually dismantle the weapons you forge using the coin and you get it back, so I'm not sure what the downside is to experimenting.
Spending the dismantling resources, really, but they're a really common drop off of Ghosts, and in bundles of five no less. I really like how this game handles crafting and should make getting 100% catalog far easier than any other Castlevania has ever been in that regard.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
How do you use the skills of longswords and great swords? I tried all combinations but had zero luck.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Same, been seeing some of the bosses die super quick with a couple of shard set ups already which is a bit meh.

Yeah, this is a problem for me. Normal just seems too easy. I would have preferred it at Ecclesia levels of difficulty, personally. And obviously, all the harder modes unlocked from the start.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Lil bummed about no hard mode to start with but I used to play these games without equipping armour or using healing items as a kid so hopefully I somehow still got it in me to do that haha

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone in Australia heard anything about a shipping confirmation?, I haven't heard shit :(

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
It feels like an it's been an eternity since backing this.. hard to believe my copy has shipped! I just realized I went to the Switch edition, so I may just leave it wrapped and pick it up on PS4... kinda wanna go for the trophies.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im curious what that Iga boss dlc is like. Is he insanely hard? Is there a new area? Really wondering how that unlocks.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the first boss on normal and the game is really beautiful. Hard to judge difficulty in the beginning but I barley beat the first boss.

Can't wait to see how deep the rpg mechanics are but so far I'm loving it on ps4 pro.