• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Hello Anthem Community!

Thanks for being here!

We're hard at work to be ready for our public demo weekend, starting tomorrow, 2/1. This week has been focused on improving the player experience in the demo – that focus was based on our learnings and your feedback. For those of you that played last weekend, you should see significant improvement in multiple areas over last week.

While we are confident that these changes will improve this weekend's experience for players, we're also cognizant that we may see recurring and new issues. Our team will again be working around the clock to deal with any problems that arise so that all players can enjoy the game. As always, you can use Answers HQ for help.

Our ongoing scale testing this week has gone well. We're confident we are ready for the load we will see. Like last weekend, we will be prepared with more server capacity than we anticipate will be needed. However, predicting player numbers – particularly for a new game like Anthem in its first open public weekend – is very difficult. If more players decide to try the game than we anticipate, we also have systems in place to control entry rates of incoming players. This is to ensure players in the game are having uninterrupted fun and to give us time to increase capacity. If you encounter this situation, we hope you'll be patient with us and try again later. We'll have messaging on our servers on our server status page.

I mentioned earlier in the week that we've also been preparing for many weeks for our full launch. That version of the game already has a long list of things that are already fixed that did not make our demo weekends. It includes:

• Further performance Improvements
  • Additional stability fixes
  • Fixes to inscriptions showing up incorrectly
  • Fixes to inscriptions from other Javelins being chosen
  • Fixes to disappearing customization settings
  • Fixes to XP gain behavior
  • Audio improvements
  • Improvements to PC controls, including flight and aiming
  • A Social Hub: The Launch Bay
  • And a few thousand more (literally)…

One additional comment based on what we've been asked on Twitter. If you are a returning VIP demo player, you'll keep your progression from VIP weekend. That includes your Javelins, pilot level, and all gear, weapons, and customizations.

I hope to see everyone in the game starting Friday. Lastly, please be kind to the grabbits!

Stronger Together!

Chad

http://blog.bioware.com/2019/01/31/hello-anthem-community/

So it looks like they didn't fix infinite load bug.

About the bug

We identified one major problem (a resource wasn't being released under some conditions, so the level could not unload) and prepped a fix on Saturday, tested all day Sunday/Monday and it went through certification shortly after that.

There are some other fixes that should help the game recover when there are service errors (which was also sometimes presenting as 'infinite loads').

All that said, we reproduced and fixed some problems... though given the narrow amount of time we had to turn around a fix, we might not have caught every

Last edited:

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Their communication with the community is what makes me respect them even more

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
About the bug

We identified one major problem (a resource wasn't being released under some conditions, so the level could not unload) and prepped a fix on Saturday, tested all day Sunday/Monday and it went through certification shortly after that.

There are some other fixes that should help the game recover when there are service errors (which was also sometimes presenting as 'infinite loads').

All that said, we reproduced and fixed some problems... though given the narrow amount of time we had to turn around a fix, we might not have caught every everything

Last edited:

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they fix the infinite loading issue?

I couldnt get a single game in. I cant believe it wasnt affecting everyone.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
i really hope they keep the open communication after launch because stay in touch with your community is the first and most important key to success. Especially in a GaaS game

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
This reminds me of the blog post Bethesda made just before Fallout 76 came out. Let's hope it doesn't have a similar outcome.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
So it sounds like they main thing that will be different for the open demo is that they're more prepared for the pressure on the servers but that a lot of the bugs and performance issues etc are being addressed for the full release but not the demo?

Jan 2, 2018
The communication between them and the community is quite good so far I'll give them that. I think everyone should look at what 343 is doing with MCC and how transparent they are with their community as a model.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
So it sounds like they main thing that will be different for the open demo is that they're more prepared for the pressure on the servers but that a lot of the bugs and performance issues etc are being addressed for the full release but not the demo?

No. A number of bugs will also be fixed for the demo. However, quite a lot will also be present in the demo but fixes will be in place for launch. Supposedly.

May well be prudent to treat the launch as a wait-and-see thing.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah. The demo is splintered from an old build so there's stuff that is already changed and fixed since then.

Considering this is on EA Access we'll atleast be able to see people's inpressions on the full game before it actually releases. But I hope the demo is a lot more stable than it was this last weekend.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
The communication between them and the community is quite good so far I'll give them that. I think everyone should look at what 343 is doing with MCC and how transparent they are with their community as a model.
At the same time a proper beta would have helped them identify the issue with the 95% loading bug because they admitted that it came up in internal tests but not so often so they thought "eh, whatever". Ironically this same bug is now biting them in the ass.
But good on them to get the word out there and being transparent about it.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
At the same time a proper beta would have helped them identify the issue with the 95% loading bug because they admitted that it came up in internal tests but not so often so they thought "eh, whatever". Ironically this same bug is now biting them in the ass.
But good on them to get the word out there and being transparent about it.
This demo is exactly the same as all the "betas" other developers do in the weeks before launch. They're just correctly labelling it as a demo.

So they're basically announcing queues for the open test?
They rolled people into the servers in waves last weekend. They're just telling people ahead of time that's what is happening so they don't think the game is down due to overload.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate bioware being so open and candid on what they're doing. Here's hoping the demo goes better this weekend, I want to finish the stronghold at least once on hard

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
This demo is exactly the same as all the "betas" other developers do in the weeks before launch. They're just correctly labelling it as a demo.
Yeah I know that. Hence my suggestion running a proper beta would have helped them greatly with these bugs instead of now being forced into crazy overtime and damage control.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
The infinite loading better be fixed before launch, for their sake, loot and end game aside, this is the most important issue that needs fixing for me before I even consider buying it.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
Did they fix the infinite loading issue?

I couldnt get a single game in. I cant believe it wasnt affecting everyone.

every time I tried to play I had to restart at least once to get in. Then the final straw was 4 restarts with no success and I said forget this shit

I had a friend with the same results as you, no luck whatsoever

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
They rolled people into the servers in waves last weekend. They're just telling people ahead of time that's what is happening so they don't think the game is down due to overload.

well then present us with an adequate message and a queue #.

giving us a caveat about how the game is going to not function well doesn't make it acceptable for the game to not function well.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Infinite loading is the biggest problem right now, if the demo still has the problem then i'll be continuing to cancel mine. I actually liked what I've played especially after unlocking Storm
Restarting client fixed it. You wont even tried that?
It's fixed for a time but it's back again after a while and thus you need to restart again, that's my experience on PS4 Pro

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
What I got to try when the game wasn't just infinitely loading didn't blow me away. I will try it again though to give it a fairer shake.