• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
It would be nice to have gotten one more game in the vein of RE2make before going straight back to trying to recapture RE4 ...

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Resident Evil Village is the dumbest title

It rules and they better go with it

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Give me Scandinavia please. Trolls, witches, elks, midsommar and that creepy beast from The Ritual.
4hdes9fbgnz01.jpg

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
So reading up on it, Resident Evil 8 started as Revelations 3 but due to the high quality they turned it up a notch and turned it into 8. What are the chances of a Switch version being in development as well?
I don't think mainline Resident Evil will return to Nintendo in a very, VERY long time

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I guess the fact that they're experimenting with a RE4 type of inventory means that RE4make Night be next

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Capcom so leaky?
It varies from thing to thing, but in this case it was really only a matter of time until RE8 leaked more thoroughly. Literally hundreds of random people have played the RE8 Demo at this point. I get why Capcom's doing these tests and I think it's good of them (they're getting fan feedback on the game to tune it and see what makes actual Resident Evil fans excited and tick), but unfortunately these tests did make the game leaking a lot more likely.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
So reading up on it, Resident Evil 8 started as Revelations 3 but due to the high quality they turned it up a notch and turned it into 8. What are the chances of a Switch version being in development as well?
From what I understand, it started as RE8, was close to being cancelled but the passion of the team and a producer kept it alive but under the Revelvations 3 title and then the rerst of what you said happened.

As for a Switch version, I'd guess there's no chance. Capcom haven't put any of the other RE Engine games on Switch and this one will be cross-gen, so they'll already be juggling 5 different versions.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like everything i don't want from a Resi Title will be in this.. First Person, Ethan, Chris etc. So hopefully they use all that here so that the next RE will then have everything i want like 3rd Person, Jill and another Female Main Character like Moira for example.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Ethan is still in yesssssss

I'm so excited, this is exactly what I was hoping for but never thought I'd actually get.

Mar 19, 2020
I'm all about this. Sounds great. Glad Ethan is back, he had glimmers of an interesting character in his one liners but i'd like him to have more time to shine. The prospect of Chris being a villain is cool but I doubt Capcom will go all in on that. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a bit of dark edge though, hopefully they will actually give him some meaningful character development. Something characters in this series sorely lack.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Two things, that I personally take away/want from this:

1. I really really really hope this is still some type of virus/organization in this game. As has been rumored it's more myth/folklore I would be bleh if an organization/virus wasn't involved. ALWAYS willing to give RE a chance no matter what thought, and will be there day 1 for a mainline release.

2. Torn on the new Remake. It sure sounds like the new Remake is going to be RE4 from tones in here. On one hand, it's one of my favorite games of all time, and seeing it in the RE Engine on PS5? 'Chefs Kiss'. On the other, I think that puts a serious dent in ever seeing a CV Remake. Idk why they would do RE4, to go back and do CV 🤷‍♂️. Pure spitballing on my part.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading sometime back that a patch altered Chris' appearance a bit in RE7, was there any truth to that?

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing from the fan feedback from RE7, they probably love the Jack sections and the earlier parts of the game. So I assume they're gonna focus more on that part of the gameplay. I do hope it'll be in VR too. RE7 on VR was amazing.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
We really know a lot about the game right now. I am kind of excited to see it in action.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Everything sounds interesting and I can tolerate FPP, but I really don't want Ethan again. I'd be more on board without him. Should've been Rebecca.

Oct 25, 2017
the people leaking this shit are going to make the jobs of their peers so much fucking harder, especially given the remote work situation at the moment. this sucks. shame on them.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Chris is definitely not evil lol
Also, did they found a new face model or did they just modify his RE7 one ?

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They may just save Jill & Leon for RE9 (or what was RE8 before Rev3 became RE8). It feels like the natural progression from both remakes to have a game centered around the two fan-favorite protagonists. That plus we haven't heard from Jill since she was brainwashed in RE5.

Theres a game focused around Barry and Rebecca??

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what they'll eventually do about the main four. Chris is almost in his 50s and Jill and the others aren't far behind.

they'll come up with some canon bull shit like them getting infected in past games doesn't make them age past a certain point.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I wonder if they found a model that looks somewhat similar to Chris' original design? A close enough face would suffice, as the other redesigned main characters, while clearly looking like their old selves, are distinctly different in this new photorealistic look (and they've done a great job with all of them for sure).

And speaking of designs, I kinda hope they redesign Ethan a little bit to make him stand out more (not in an action hero kind of way, mind you, I like that he's a "regular" guy -despite the crazy shit he goes through and accomplishes, I guess). Although it isn't really needed if this is FP.

Anyways, not sure how I feel about more overtly supernatural elements (not that the series is very grounded, sure), but this sure sounds really interesting and exciting. The setting could be incredibly creepy, I'm thinking of something among the lines of RE4's village with a first-person perspective (not my favourite, but can make things creepier) and modern-day visuals and damn.

I also find it cute they're using Ethan's games to sneak in roman numbers into the title/subtitle lol.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
It all sounds really good to me and i´m especially hyped for the Setting.
Still, i really hope R2make and the first half of RE7 hasn´t been the one-off regarding the return to actually scary survival horror before going back to RE4-style Action Horror for good.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
RE4 inventory management? My god, it's finally coming back.

So bizarre that it was the only game in the series to do it that way until now.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Chris is definitely not evil lol
Also, did they found a new face model or did they just modify his RE7 one ?
I wonder if they found a model that looks somewhat similar to Chris' original design? A close enough face would suffice, as the other redesigned main characters, while clearly looking like their old selves, are distinctly different in this new photorealistic look (and they've done a great job with all of them for sure).

And speaking of designs, I kinda hope they redesign Ethan a little bit to make him stand out more (not in an action hero kind of way, mind you, I like that he's a "regular" guy -despite the crazy shit he goes through and accomplishes, I guess). Although it isn't really needed if this is FP.

Anyways, not sure how I feel about more overtly supernatural elements (not that the series is very grounded, sure), but this sure sounds really interesting and exciting. The setting could be incredibly creepy, I'm thinking of something among the lines of RE4's village with a first-person perspective (not my favourite, but can make things creepier) and modern-day visuals and damn.

I also find it cute they're using Ethan's games to sneak in roman numbers into the title/subtitle lol.

The model still is Dandy from RE7, it was just touched/reworked by a Capcom artist.

RE5 fans will be happy.