• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
Many Xenoblade series tracks
Many Castlevania series tracks
Some Astral Chain tracks are very good

Last edited:

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Only one that comes to mind is Guilty Gear X2; Doom 2016 is hardly metal, it has more in common with Industrial/djent.​

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
0432ceea-a92b-4013-avzkf9.jpeg

Has a radio station with Opeth and Dream Theater in it. Can't get any better than this.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Flash game that had Regurgitate, Last Days of Humanity, etc. on soundtrack.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
F-Zero X Guitar Arrange is not only a great game music album, it's an amazing metal album period.

More recently, the criminally-overlooked FREEDOM FINGER has a pretty dope soundtrack:

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Here, have some more:

Level intro: (and that is NOLAN NORTH talking to JOHN DIMAGGIO)

A bit deeper into the fight:

Doesn't hurt that POWER TRIP is, like, the best recent thrash outfit currently going right now.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Doom 2016, Blazeblue CS2, and pretty much every Guilty Gear game.

Doom OST gets especially heavy at times to the point where I was kind of suprised. Some of the tracks are basically straight up Slipknot instrumentals

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Damn I forgot Killing floor has good ass songs. It reminded me that its too bad people hated Dante's theme in DMC 5 because I want to hear more screamo in games in general but its too bold of a choice for most games since alot of people hate screamo.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
DOOM 2016
Quake 1
Killing Floor 2
DmC
Did you mean Quake II? Or Q3A? Quake 1 had a largely ambient soundtrack while 2 (and some of 3) had awesome work by SONIC MAYHEM, aka
Sascha Dikiciyan. That performance at The Game Awards with Mick was LEGENDARY.

Speaking of Mick, while his work on Doom and Wolf was incredible, he did some amazing metal stuff on KI too. Lest we forget!

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
I love heavy metal music and I love video games. However, considering that it's not the most easy-listening genre, many games don't have soundtracks based around it. Some of my favourites are Dynasty Warriors 4 and F-Zero X, which are both primarily heavy-metal based. And shoutout to a lesser-known title, K-1 Grand Prix

You already posted my number one. I can in particular recommend the awesome guitar arrangement:
www.youtube.com

F-Zero X: Guitar Arrange Edition (Full Album)

Just sharing this awesome music with everyone.Tracks:0:00 The Long Distance of Murder2:45 Drivin' on Through Max5:56 Crazy Call at Cry9:15 Title BGM12:...

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
People who include MGR into metal are probably the kind that call metal soundtracks buttrock, ironically. Anyways, I love Ishiwatari's heavier stuff the most.

And a classic

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Winds of Thunder

Metal as hell soundtrack

Lords of Thunder and Gate of Thunder have some of the best metal soundtracks of all time. Lords is thrashier with way better solos, but Gate has a lot of riffs that sound like something that would be on a King Diamond album. I haven't heard another video game OST that encapsulates some of the best of the late 80s and early 90s metal like Lords though.

I had that disc too, and while it has a couple of "metal" tracks, it's not really a metal album as a whole.

Last edited:
Thirding the Killing Floor 2 soundtrack, though my favourite still is the Descent II Red-Book OST.
I know it's more industrial than metal, but booting up the game and starting to hear the title song is permanently burned into my brain.

Honourable mention to Aria's remix in Crypt of the NecroDancer.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
The only thing that was disappointing to me was the lack of vocals on any tracks, imagine some cool power vocals for some fights a la Metal gear rising. That made the soundtrack kinda underwhelming to me but I just really like vocals in general even if its only background chants.

Also this.

Also where the fuck is Serious Sam 4, I want that shiet.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

Lords of Thunder and Gate of Thunder have some of the best metal soundtracks of all time. Lords is thrashier with way better solos, but Gate has a lot of riffs that sound like something that would be on a King Diamond album. I haven't heard another video game OST that encapsulates some of the best of the late 80s and early 90s metal like Lords though.

That is some Up The Fucking Irons shit there yus yus.

Brutal Legend is king, such an amazing selection of metal song history. Doom 2016 probably has the best original Metal Soundtrack.

A Few of the Hidden Gems I love on the Brutal Legend Sountrack
3 Inches of Blood - Deadly Sinners
Angel Witch
Brocus Helm - Cry of the Banshees
Cradle of Filth - Her Ghost in the Fog
Manowar - Die for Metal

The Metal x Metal Metalapalooza and the best compilation OST ever.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
As many, many others have pointed out, Doom 2016 is probably the best heavy metal of any game ever. BFG Division is a whole other level of intensity, especially during gameplay. No clue how Mick Gordon intends to top it in Doom Eternal.