• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's just cause of what the game means to me but just listening to it now for this thread I almost started tearing up at around 26 seconds in.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
This Boss Battle OST

One of the prettiest and most beautiful tracks I've heard in a video game. The vocals are actually sung by Sakuraba's then 9 year old daughter.

Jan 13, 2020

Came to post this. Something about this song speaks to my soul. I can't explain it and I don't want to sound too dramatic, but the instant I heard this melody, it felt like something that had been with me forever and I was merely remembering it from a past life or something. It's incredibly hard to pinpoint, but there's something ethereal about it.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Rizzy13

Oct 25, 2020
My 3 favourites from one of my favourite games all time:

probably my favourite video game song of all time

Close 2nd.

DeepBlueDay

Jan 10, 2020
Ori WotW

It's beautiful...that middle part with the "flute" ( I think that's what it is ? ) - literally heaven for me.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017

Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Definitely one of my favorite OSTs ever. I've never had a soundtrack evoke such strong emotions from me, no matter if calming, energizing, grandiose, or deeply sad and melancholic.

Will of the Wisps
"It sounds like a movie - anonymous"
beautiful soundtrack overall

Ori WotW

It's beautiful...that middle part with the "flute" ( I think that's what it is ? ) - literally heaven for me.

These posters know what's up.

As for Luma Pools: Same location, different track: particularly 3:55 onwards always gives me goosebumps.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Basically the whole Nier soundtrack. I just love how everything feels wrapped with this melancholic tone.

Also thinking about some tracks from CT like Wind Scene the evoke the same feelings.

and my last one is a curveball. Nights has some beautiful music but it's lesser sequel also has some really beautiful pieces of music as well.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
I'll always have a soft spot for Square's music.

The Final Fantasy series' main theme, aptly titled Final Fantasy, is so good. When this version started playing at the end of FFXV I cried a little.

I also adore Final Fantasy IX's The Place I'll Return To Someday.

Chrono Triggger's Memories of Green will always be my favorite.

Another absolute favorite (this time not from Square :P) is Pollyanna from EarthBound/Mother 2. I'll never pass up a chance to share Catherine Warwick's cover.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
FFXIV is my top pick with way too many to list, but WoW has some surprisingly good ones too.

Shamanoski

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 17, 2021
These are among my favorites of all time

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

youtu.be

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt OST - The Fields of Ard Skellig (Extended)

Extended version of the original soundtrack. Enjoy. Music belongs to composer Marcin Przybyłowicz

youtu.be

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Soundtrack - Main Theme

Composed by Marcin Przybyłowicz. Download track: https://soundcloud.com/marcinprzybylowicz/hearts-of-stone

youtu.be

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Soundtrack - Main Theme (English)

Composed by Marcin Przybyłowicz.Vocals: Laura Doddington (lullaby), Jessica Jeza Vautor (vocalise)

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado

Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Definitely one of my favorite OSTs ever. I've never had a soundtrack evoke such strong emotions from me, no matter if calming, energizing, grandiose, or deeply sad and melancholic.

These posters know what's up.

As for Luma Pools: Same location, different track: particularly 3:55 onwards always gives me goosebumps.

It's has music that just demands your attention, the game itself is excellent and yet there are certain areas of the map I go to just to hear a particular song. The violins (I think they are?) in the song I posted got a strong response from me too, not sure why but it just sounds haunting yet beautiful to me.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I could easily post 100+ tracks from FFXIV, unquestionably one of the strongest and most diverse soundtracks in all of gaming, but rather than post the ever present Answers or one of the more hyped/boss tracks (Steel Reason, To the Edge, A Long Fall ect), I will point to A Mother's Pride

I used to listen to this while spearfishing in Yanxia (and it sounds even more magical underwater since there's an extra couple of violin/cello notes thrown in that really add to it) but the night themes of FFXIV are some of the most hauntingly beautiful stuff you'll find anywhere. It's a freaking lullaby for the soul