• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Man, it just dawned on me that this is the MBMBAM theme song guy.

What a wild day.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I've been worndering about that. Like this shit was out in the open for years

Who the fuck deep dives for racist shit on everyone they've ever worked with once? That's a silly expectation for a relationship that is literally just crediting him for a song at the end of an episode.

The brothers are liberal as hell so it's it seems unlikely they were totally cool with it, on top of the unlikelyhood they knew at all.

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
Damn, if it isnt bad enough that people in this thread agreeing with his story, but this white bean guy turning out to be an ultra bigot.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
Man imagine being this guy and getting your history of antisemitism, racism, and homophobia and whatever the fuck else there was exposed because you couldn't stop patting yourself over the back for how you withheld food from your daughter

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
any archive of the bean story tweets? Trying to get my friends caught up.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Well that sure escalated quickly.

My condolences to the daughter, who discovered today that her dad is an unhelpful asshole she shouldn't ask for help and in a few years will discover she should not even bother talking to him about anything.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Ooof Michael Ian Black is defending him now.

"Obviously jokes."

"Not proof of any abhorrent beliefs."

Eq2IpK0XcAAGXHu

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Man this keeps moving up the social ladder. I give it a week before Obama tweets that he wished he did more to address Bean Dad while he was in office.

Last edited:

Midee

Oct 27, 2017
CA, USA
Im sure a lot of these clowns defending him would also say things like "Thomas Jefferson couldn't have been racist, he loved his slaves!!"

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a carburetor Bobby. Take it apart, put it back together, and repeat that until you're normal.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of people in this thread clearly know nothing about child development yet have no problem sharing their bad opinions. It shouldn't be surprising, given how many people here I've seen being comfortable saying corporal discipline is fine too. I wouldn't be surprised if he doubles down on being a bad parent, but seeing Twitter dunking on this idiot is entertaining at least

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was trying to explain this shit to someone else today and this couldn't be more accurate

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If a can opener was sharp enough to actually easily open a can, it's dangerous for a kid that age to use.

And if it's dull enough to not be dangerous, it takes too much strength to get it to cut into and open a can than a 9 year old would possess. (My parents owned a dull ass one for the longest time they wouldn't replace for some damn reason)

I don't think I started opening cans of ravioli on my own until I was in my early teens.

Fuck this guy lol
The edges of the open lid are far more dangerous than the can opener itself.

At age 10 I was in home ec and learning to cook. Don't underestimate kids of that age.

Midee

Oct 27, 2017
CA, USA
I feel bad for the kid also because her schoolmates are now gonna know her father is the racist nazi bean dad.

BarryBJeans

Jul 22, 2019
My partner and I ran down the aisle to It's a Departure after our wedding ceremony.

At first, it blew my mind that Bean Dad was actually JR, and then I got really sad thinking that a terrible person wrote one of our favorite songs.

Huge bummer. Glad that the Boys have already made a statement.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The thing I always want to ask these people is, "what's the joke?" Like, where in those old tweets is the punchline I'm supposed to be laughing at that I'm clearly missing?
Some of the tweets might be in that "I'm saying an offensive thing! Knowingly offensive things are funny!" Territory of jokes. But Uh . . . there are a good number of other tweets that just seem a problem. The activist judges one, for example. Granted, I didn't see that tweet until just now, so maybe MIB and others haven't seen that one. But I also am not going around defending Roderick either.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it just dawned on me that this is the MBMBAM theme song guy.

What a wild day.
Seen it now too, kinda didn't care until this. The only other thing i could say is that my racist father forgot how to use a can opener and was really pissy about it when i could do it. Some old assholes will fall down if they don't have other assholes supporting them.

LukeA

Dec 28, 2018
I wonder how Merlin Mann feels about this. I've been listening to podcasts with Merlin Mann for about a decade or likely more...

He's got a show with Roderick (to which I have listened to many hours on and off over the years) and Roderick always seemed like a bit of a deliberate eccentric... they've been going for several years.

AND in the 2020 Merlin Mann had to pivot with one of his other popular podcasts because it co-starred Max Temkin (also cancelled).

Wild stuff.