• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
In what terms? The gunplay is completely overhauled and the vehicles are comepletely changed design wise. Even conquest was changed back to pre BF1. Where is it the same and what formula change are you anticipating?

Don't even bother with this. It was VERY hard to go back to BF1 after the beta. That's how different it plays.

Hes trolling my dudes...really bad at it too
I'm no troll.

And to answer the question, something not ww2 would be nice. Something that doesn't feel like last year's bf1. Not delay BR mode. Spotting. Lots of small shit.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Man I honestly am not really digging this game, at least on PC. Those hero moments I had in BF3 and BF4 are just gone, feels like every time I get a kill I just get shot by their teammate while I reload 80% of the time.

The map design is much more grand this time around, which also makes the scale feel weirdly big compared to how it was before but it also feels like I'm CONSTANTLY getting shot in the back to where it's annoying.
Have you tried Frontlines? It's easier to guess where enemies are coming from and the battle zones are a bit smaller. It's my favorite mode now, I rarely play conquest anymore.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah game is great.

How do I spot on the Xbox?

And I see the weapon progression chart, but how do I see my class progression, so I'll know what other weapons , etc. will unlock for me as a medic? Thanks.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I miss from BC2 was recon mines on conquest. With the changes on spotting and the map design makes camping way more ranpant that it was on BC2. Is one of the reason I don't think I feel conquest at all in past BF.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I've watched that trailer so many times, but man, when the music hits, getting shivers everywhere. :D

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
Is Recon spotting show my whole team or my squad only?

Attrition pretty much fixed grenade spamming and tanks.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Playing yesterday i saw someone get on the floor on his side and started shooting me. I saw people on their backs on the beta but not sideways. It was a cool touch.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I was doing absolute work with the starting medic gun last night. The thing shreds up close and has some decent range if you control it. Outplayed a sniper at long range just by pestering him with hits. I think the assault class was my least favorite starting weapon, but you immediately unlock the Gewehr which is the best gun I've used so far. Having so much fun with this game. I'm guessing this will be my go to multiplayer shooter until Halo Infinite.

Nem

Oct 25, 2017
MG42 feels amazing in the single player. Can't wait to unlock it in multiplayer.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Damn I'm getting the error again that tells me I've been banned from multiplayer

I thought this was fixed?

Rondras

Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I'm no troll.

And to answer the question, something not ww2 would be nice. Something that doesn't feel like last year's bf1. Not delay BR mode. Spotting. Lots of small shit.
Spotting is perfect. No more stupid 3d spotting for noobs that gets abussed by pressing Q constantly.

Battlefield just doesnt seem for you. Specially if you are just waiting for BR.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Loving it so far.

No explosiv spam.
Way better gunplay if not the best in the series.
TDM maps are a bit bigger.
Getting revived all the time.
The atrition mechanic is well balanced now.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
I messed up last night and left my Xbox on with the game running for a while. I haven't checked my time left out of my 10 hour trial, but I'm afraid I wasted a good couple hours just sitting at the main menu..

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Damn Skippy. I don't want to play too much because the trial is quickly vanishing haha. Cannot wait for full launch.

Yeah, I played like an hour and 20 minutes last night and I'm already fearing that it's only going to last this weekend.

Where's the cheapest deal for the full game on PC? Cdkeys?

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Beta did for me.

Beta played same shit.

I also did not enjoy beta.. not sure what changed but it feels far better to me. Just my 2 cents.

For what it's worth I'm feeling this too. I wasn't a fan of the beta, it just felt like BF1 but worse. The final game though, I had a blast last night with it, and can't wait to play more this evening. Many of the frustrating beta elements have been significantly improved / resolved, the game certainly feels different to BF1 now.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
God, the draw distance is so freaking bad on Xbox One X, like last gen bad, and I'm not kidding.
Specially in land and snow maps everything is so blurry and low poly and loads to the better textures right in front of you. Even everything in the menu does that. Characters, tanks, planes. Is this Unreal Engine 3 here or what the hell is going on?

Graphically a huge disappointment as more as I play.

Harpua

Oct 25, 2017
Well done DICE. So good. Can only imagine what you'll be able to do with a modern setting in the next iteration.

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
Gotta wonder if sales are going to live up to the Battlefield expectations. I feel like there is a severe lack of hype this year, and this might be the first Battlefield game since Hardline that I don't purchase.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
God, the draw distance is so freaking bad on Xbox One X, like last gen bad, and I'm not kidding.
Specially in land and snow maps everything is so blurry and low poly and loads to the better textures right in front of you. Even everything in the menu does that. Characters, tanks, planes. Is this Unreal Engine 3 here or what the hell is going on?

Graphically a huge disappointment as more as I play.

That almost seems like a scope bug. Aren't things supposed to draw high-res when you scope in on them?

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Gotta wonder if sales are going to live up to the Battlefield expectations. I feel like there is a severe lack of hype this year, and this might be the first Battlefield game since Hardline that I don't purchase.

I'm shamelessly waiting for more content to drop by sometime next year. I'll also have a better PC by then so there's that too.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
That almost seems like a scope bug. Aren't things supposed to draw high-res when you scope in on them?

Nah it's not only the scope, it's also everything without scope. I know the second video is just badly recorded, it does this transition on several textures like 3 meter in front of you without looking through scopes.

Also pop-in and shadow draw distance are also horrible.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Funny OT title considering the US hasn't even been announced as a faction yet.

Speaking of, has anything been talked about beyond the first group of DLC yet? US, Italy, USSR, Japan? Anything, anything at all?

Unfortunately I think it's all based on how well this sells out of the gate. If it's a huge success we'll get a more extended roadmap detailing more factions and maps. If it isn't well, expect t a Battlefront 2 situation. It's unfortunate because it's basically a self fulfilling prophecy as a ton of people are holding off buying this as they wait for more content but because they're waiting that content might never come.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

I think that word of mouth is going to do much better than any of the marketing EA has done. The DICE takeover giving info about the game did a good job in keeping lots of players interested after the beta and delivering on the feedback players gave.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Everything about this is so good. Sound is fixed from the beta, so now conflicts are much more noisy and lively. Audio production is typically outstanding. The flashing diamond to indicate suppression spotting is a brilliant solution and middleground between spotting and no spotting at all. Having no spotting in the first place and meaty, skill based gunplay makes every encounter so intense.

It might not have familiar World War II settings but it absolutely feels like a World War II game. It's very industrial and mechanical in sound and feel, particularly in weight of weapons and vehicles. This is all very good.

WhippyLizard

Nov 1, 2017
For those of you on PC, are you seeing crazy bad cheating or is it seriously just snipers KO through mountains now?

Ride in tank as gunner, two shots dead.
Spawn, one shot dead
Spawn with squad shot through mountain dead.

I get not everyone cheats, I'm just curious if it seems wicked bad already to anyone else?

tldr; I suck and die in one second in this game.

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
I skimmed last few pages and couldn't find definite answer: if I get Origin Access Basic on PC for 4€ will I be able to play right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.