• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What? i never heard about this. We only know that they will release a big update this fall with new faction and new maps

It's in the road map, my dude.

bfv-towcalendarvertical-chapter3-5-updated.jpg

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I think we are both wrong. It doesn't say by june, but doesn't say by fall either. I'll leave it at that then.

No I don't think they are.

The Next Chapter starts in June and the 5th Chapter starts in the Fall.

So between June till the start of Fall is when the maps will release.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could play a real BF4 successor and buy a season pass with many new weapons, vehicles and maps again.

Are the BF4 developers gone?

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User warned: "lazy dev" rhetoric is not allowed. Please review our FAQ.
You guys want free DLC, this is always how slow it's been. Overwatch is like 5 years old, how many new maps have they gotten in that time?

"lazy devs are lazy devs"
Free DLC whatever doesnt always mean they work like OW/BFV does.
You could check something like Path of Exile and see all the DLC/content it got since release, its MASSIVE amount.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
You could check something like Path of Exile and see all the DLC/content it got since release, its MASSIVE amount.
You're comparing apples to oranges, but ok there dude.

I'm no game dev but a Battlefield 5 map seems like far more work than anything added in PoE.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Damn you actually used the lazy devs thing lol

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

I'm no game dev but a Battlefield 5 map seems like far more work than anything added in PoE.
Also PoE is the only game GGG is working on ever.

Not to discredit their amazing support for it but yeah.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Seriously. BF4 had like 30 additional maps release for it. By the end I think there 40 maps in rotation. This is just like abysmal. And it's a damn shame we will likely never get a single Pacific front map?

The Pacific front and maps are definitely coming. This was data mined from the latest patch.

rze1845fwq031.jpg

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Im not dev either but im sure the amount of work is not little in PoE maps, mechanics and everything they add every few months, and it all have to work together.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
that looks a whole lot better than what is in the game now

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I personally don't miss premium, the new maps were cool but after a few months they often fell off server rotations and you eventually couldn't get a game in any of the new modes or maps anymore as the playerbase dropped off. I got premiums for 3 and 4 and a year later it was already almost impossible to find any matches on the dlc maps/modes

After seven. Fucking. Months

Eh didn't help that they were wasting so much time on their crappy coop mode and then all the work on the Battle Royale mode as well.

Biggest problem with the franchise has been it keeps spreading itself too far when it should have a much simpler focus on what made Battlefield great, and just give us content for that instead of keep working on shit that the playerbase abandons quickly

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fucking shit, just bring back $50 premium next game and give me 8 base maps and 16 dlc maps in 4 packs of 4 over the next 16 months.

fuck all the people who cry that their friends only have the base maps. GET BETTER FRIENDS!!!