• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HanzSnubSnub

Oct 27, 2017
Saw how cheap these two games were with PS Plus. Are they worth the time and money or should I not bother? Have heard bad things about both but wondering if patches have fixed them.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Yeeeeeeees! Put about 80 hours into Anthem, enjoyed the game a lot!

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
I don't know about Battlefield, but Anthem's worth it at that price. The flying's fun, I guess.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
I think the problem is not how much you'll pay for them but the time you'll spend with them... you honestly would be better off playing something else.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I will be an anthem fan until it dies. One of the best examples of a on the spectrum person ever in video games

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A big fat no. Spend that money on a good dinner instead and you'll get immensely more satisfaction out of that than either of these games.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Anthem isn't worth the cash or time. Battlefield V is Battlefield at its most dull and uninspired but serviceable enough.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
Anthem is not worth it, it's an abandoned game at this point. They might do bug fixes but outside of that... dead.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Yeeeeeeees! Put about 80 hours into Anthem, enjoyed the game a lot!

#frostbite sponsored

But seriously, anthem is definitely one of my top 5 games last gen.

Gameplay was incredible, loved the abilities and flying, story was decent and enjoyable, fun campaign, beautiful graphics / location but let down as a GAAS. The Devs were great but can tell they lacked multiplayer experience for end game content.

Still a brilliant experience.
Note, anthem has been abandoned by EA so will not be live for much longer I think, so sad.

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
I got Anthem for $5 on the promise that they were relaunching it.

Didn't work out for me. Didn't enjoy what was there.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Anthem is fun as all hell honestly. The flying is good, the combat can be fun and overall it just feels good.

Battlefield V is great as well, but a game lives and dies by its player base and I don't know how the numbers look on PS4. Still though, it's a great game and much better than Battlefield 1

s y

Nov 8, 2017
those prices make me think one, or both of them are gonna be in July's PS Plus/Now

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hugely enjoying BFV. I bounced off it at launch, came back late last year and got hooked. I just play Breakthrough as it feels closest to Rush mode. It's really good generally. The usual BF issues with tanks and snipers and stupid team mates remain, but when it all comes together there isn't anything quite like battlefield.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Anthem is fun for a few hours, but it is basically a dead game, so I wouldn't put too much time into it. BF V I had like 400 hours and it is "fine", you'll definitely get some fun out of it, however in a few months there will be a mass exodus of the remaining players to 2042. It is already not that popular, so you're better off just going with BF 4 or BF 1.

Ark

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Anthem is straight trash but BFV is fun for about 40 minutes until you run into your first hacker. After that it's just hacker after hacker, every second game will have a hacker in it on PC.

Obviously on console you won't have this problem so actually my reply is pretty defunct.

BF4 is king until 2042 releases though.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they got the euro fishing season pass, that shit never goes on sale.

isn't this saints row 3 redo supposed to be good?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
These people telling you BFV is good are lying to you, OP. Anything you want out of BFV you could get out of BF4 but as an immensely better experience.

You don't play the games past BF4, that is the rule. You break that rule, you're going to REGRET IT.