• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
WHEN CAN I PLAY?
Early access

If you own the Ultimate Edition or the Gold Edition or are an EA Play Pro member, you'll get full access to the game on:

• PC: November 12, 8 a.m. UTC (Global simultaneous release on Origin, EA Desktop, Steam and Epic)
    • Nov 12, 2021 at 3:00 AM
  • PlayStation: November 12 (Rolling release, day starts at midnight):
  • Xbox Consoles: November 12 (Rolling release, day starts at midnight)
    • (Yes you can use the New Zealand trick to change location on the console and start playing 5 hours ago)

If you are an EA Play member or an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member, you'll have access to a 10-hour trial from:

• PlayStation and Xbox: Global release on November 11, 2021 at 4 p.m. UTC
    • Nov 11, 2021 at 11:00 AM
    • No Xbox users cannot use the NZ trick for the trials as it is the same single time across the whole globe
  • PC: Global release on November 12, 2021 at 8 a.m. UTC
    • Nov 12, 2021 at 3:00 AM

Note that PC has a simple release with one single time for the whole globe AND for the normal game as well as the ten hour trial.

The consoles have a rolling release for the main game, but one single release time for the 10 hour trials.

AFAIK Xbox Gamepass on PC counts as PC, as it does everything via the EA PC client. So you'll get access to the ten hour trial at 8 a.m. UTC tomorrow (in...16 hours from now)

For Xbox folks - the link below should now show you a green "Get - Free trial with EA play" button, so you can start the download on your console:-

Buy Battlefield™ 2042 Xbox Series X|S | Xbox

Master the unknown in Season 6: Dark Creations. Battlefield™ 2042 is a first-person shooter that marks the return to the iconic all-out warfare of the franchise.

future-spongebob.gif

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to it. 12th is going to be a busy day with this, SMTV and the Elden Ring beta.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Pre ordered Ultimate Edition on PC waiting to pre load. My friends are picking this up on Xbox so hopefully cross parties are not going to be a pain to set up.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Nice title haha
I have alot of complaints about the game and the marketing info roll out. Still have the Gold edition pre ordered since june and i am excited to jump in
BF releases have always been day one since BC2 really for me. I have experience all the ups and downs haha since then. But BF is BF and still is my main MP game every day since BC2 really. I know i will play this also the coming years.

Patrese86

Jun 6, 2021
Booked the 19th off work for this. Though the beta was glitchy as hell I still thought it had a lot of promise and I swore to myself this time round I wouldnt get COD and devote myself to BF.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Wooop!

I love the little jingle that plays at the end of each trailer. Du du du du du

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I have work and then the gym tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll sneak a few rounds in. Hopefully crossplay is w bit better this time or it's going in the bin.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
99% day 1 (Not early access; just got into Titanfall 2 online so can wait a week). Excited to see reviews first mind and impressions here.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Anybody who pre ordered the standard edition not able to pre load yet?

My download date is the 17th but I did pre order it when it first went live with the price error so maybe that has something to do with it?

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
I have EA play so I should get the 10 trial early access, but I don't see a way to preload the game. Can't I just not preload it yet or am I missing something?

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to scrap up another $5 Microsoft rewards gift card before I get this gold edition today. The hype is here and it's real!

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Anybody who pre ordered the standard edition not able to pre load yet?

My download date is the 17th but I did pre order it when it first went live with the price error so maybe that has something to do with it?
Standard edition of the game isn't live until the 17th full stop, pre-ordered or not. Only the Gold and Ultimate editions get "early access" with EA Access members getting a ten hour trial starting Friday too.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Turn off the cross play, PS5 players. So we can matchmake easly on day 1. Believe me, game is million times better when this shit is turned off.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Would have liked the OT to be named "Days of Future Past", but this one is nice as well.

Bopp

Aug 6, 2021
Not going to be there at launch, but maybe in December. First time in years that I won't go with CoD. And first Battlefield since Bad Company 2.

Looking forward to it.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Standard edition of the game isn't live until the 17th full stop, pre-ordered or not. Only the Gold and Ultimate editions get "early access" with EA Access members getting a ten hour trial starting Friday too.

Yeah obviously it's not a big deal as I can't play until the 19th anyway.

I've got it downloaded on my Series X ready for the 10 hour trial we get with GP/EA Play.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Turn off the cross play, PS5 players. So we can matchmake easly on day 1. Believe me, game is million times better when this shit is turned off.

tbh you have no way of knowing that. MM pool to start with at least will be tiny and we don't know how they have adjusted MM since beta. We know they have made adjustments to aim assist for the launch.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Oh hell yeh 🥂

So close now. My most anticipated release of the year and only two days out from getting hands on it. Cannot wait, it's going to be so good to have a modern-era Battlefield again

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fantastic.
I've not been following it much though, so I'm not sure I fully get what Battlefield Portal is though, is it basically custom matches where you can pull in maps/weapons/etc from previous games?

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Game Pass trial for me, followed by a purchase if it's significantly improved from the Beta.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Looks fantastic.
I've not been following it much though, so I'm not sure I fully get what Battlefield Portal is though, is it basically custom matches where you can pull in maps/weapons/etc from previous games?

Basically yeah. To start with it has few maps from 1942, BC 2 and BF 3 + all 2042 maps, but over time they will add more. Classes and most of weapons from those previous BFs are also available alongside with all 2042 stuff. You can setup CQ, Rush, TDM... gamemodes with normal rules or go deep and customize a lot of available gear with damage modifiers on top among a lot of modifiers.

There will be curated "playlists" done by DICE (e.g. traditional 1942 CQ on 1942 maps with 1942 gear) and community made stuff.