• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like every named and relevant character from the other movies was probably dusted too and the franchise will just ignore the whole 5 years thing and act like the world is completely normal now.

I don't think the Russos were as into that pairing as Whedon was.
I believe only Whedon ever liked that. Really disliked that in Ultron and was happy to see Thor Ragnarok mocking it, they know it wasn't a good idea for both characters.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
They had to give Stark a daughter and just fuck with me that way, huh?

It was only for a glimpse, but when Nebula was messing with the quantum tunnel did I see a black "thanoscopter" behind her? I swear I did.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
When it looked like Carol was going to defeat Thanos, i thought well a bunch of angry guys are gonna be angry on the internet. Didn't happen, but I'm sure they're pissed enough at the "girl power" moment.

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like every named and relevant character from the other movies was probably dusted too and the franchise will just ignore the whole 5 years thing and act like the world is completely normal now.
I can't see how Far From Home wouldn't touch on the fact that half of them kept getting older while the others were gone.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I agree, it is easy to see why. And I'm saying that why wasn't enough of a reason to killer her off for me. Every Avenger is self sacrificial. Every Avenger wants to undo the event. He had the most to gain here, and he's the one who didn't have any screen time last movie, so it makes sense. I'm saying on a fundamental level, with this whole Soul Stone beat, that this wasn't enough to justify the death for me. If it was for others, cool. For me it largely looked more like an excuse for evocative imagery.

People die dude... Someone needed to go, and it was absolutely fitting for her arc that it was her.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I love how people are saying that this reminds them of an actual comic book. Because it's true, it does feel like a major crossover even more so than the first one. I also love the subtle cleaning up of continuity that some crossovers do, like taking care of the Loki and Gamora situation thanks to time travel.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I absolutely loved the movie and I'm not about to ruin it by conceding to contrarians and discussing whatever logic inconsistencies people want to bring up

It was a great time and Im down to talk about all the fun stuff they packed into this monster of a movie
HI-5!

I swear, maybe cause I just got out of the theater and I need sleep, but I'm pretty sure this is the best comic book movie ever.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think everyone is curious about that, especially given the trailers show MJ, Ned and Flash all the same age. I suppose they could just play it out as a coincidence his group was all dusted?

My theory, which probably wouldn't work for a bunch of reasons, is Far From Home is a surprise prequel to Infinity War, and the film ends with the school trip arriving back in NY on the bus at the beginning of IW. Would allow them to squeeze in one last Tony Stark cameo too.

:O

People said this is the last 3rd phase movie. Maybe this is it.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
This movie has made me super excited for guardians three now. They better not be teasing us with that last scene, but I love the idea of Gamora and star lord having to fall in love again and her being back to her old bad ass self So she also has to learn to be a family with her sister and the other guardians.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
You can see all the people alive in the Homecoming trailer that, right now, it's safe to assume they were dusted.

It would be really cool if they dropped in a few cgi-aged students to comment on how weird it is.
Liz Allan Toomes is played by the stunning Laura Harrier. Unlike the rest of the high school cast (almost all from teen to very early 20s), she is now 29 years old. My point is that Liz is a character that evolved to a sort of a villain role in the comics, I could see an older Liz returning for that saga eventually.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I suspend disbelief to enjoy the movie, of course, but you shouldn't be able to go forward in time, because the future doesn't exist in real time. Not to mention all the "future" problems that would be created by making changes to an established past.
Doctor Strange could look forward in time through 14.000.605 timelines. So travelling forward makes sense to me. Their time travel gps devices were able to place them at exact moments and times. Which makes it possible for Steve to come right back to the bench in current time after he's lived those 70 years with Peggy.

The movie also told you that you cannot change the past. If you change something (like knock out Star-Lord, steal a stone, goes back to Peggy), the timeline breaks out into new timelines.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I agree, it is easy to see why. And I'm saying that why wasn't enough of a reason to killer her off for me. Every Avenger is self sacrificial. Every Avenger wants to undo the event. He had the most to gain here, and he's the one who didn't have any screen time last movie, so it makes sense. I'm saying on a fundamental level, with this whole Soul Stone beat, that this wasn't enough to justify the death for me. If it was for others, cool. For me it largely looked more like an excuse for evocative imagery.
It fits so well... the real convenience is that two people turned up to the soul stone that loved each other. :p

(another can of worms, lol)

Liz Allan Toomes is played by the stunning Laura Harrier. Unlike the rest of the high school cast (almost all from teen to very early 20s), she is now 29 years old. My point is that Liz is a character that evolved to a sort of a villain role in the comics, I could see an older Liz returning for that saga eventually.
That would be cool... I hope they keep the continuity going with references to all of this in the future.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
When it looked like Carol was going to defeat Thanos, i thought well a bunch of angry guys are gonna be angry on the internet. Didn't happen, but I'm sure they're pissed enough at the "girl power" moment.

You know what's funny? I went to see this in a major NCAA college town and when Carol arrived, everyone was cheering, even my 11-year-old boy.

But I want to have a play that Way in middle America.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You should probably rewatch iron man 2, avengers, winter soldier, age of ultron, and infinity war (especially ultron) and come back with that "she's not a deep character" stuff. We've had a decade of films building up her character.
I don't know what films you were watching, but Widow had tonnes of great story beats and her relationship with many of the core characters was very well established.

She's one of he best characters in the films, despite not having a standalone.
Me thinking she's not deep doesn't mean I think she's a bad character. Most of the Avengers aren't all that deep. I like her character, that's why I wanted to see more of her in the movie instead of getting killed off.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm REALLY curious how they will deal with the fallout of Endgame moving forward. I think it's clear that from the Spider-Man cast of characters, both Pete, Ned and May were dusted for 5 years. Now, who wasn't? I suspect that MJ was also dusted, but one character that I could see eventually returning and being 5 years older is Liz Allan Roomed. Hell, same for Adrian as well.
The Russos confirmed in an interview that Aunt May didn't get dusted.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Thanos seemed to get a buff for the end battle scene, no? He was just as strong/powerful (possibly more powerful) than in IW when he had the gauntlet and the stones I thought.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
More weird is Pym being there. He really hated shield and specially the Starks. But thanks to Tony everybody gets undusted and he saved the entire world.

You just provide the reason why pym being there is not weird.

Whatever the differences between the starks & pym, you gotta honor the man the save the world.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing I didn't like about the soul stone part was Nebula not telling them that someone would've had to die to get it. That aside, the fact that there's the Black Widow movie and a Hawkeye show made me think that there would be something at the last minute that would let them get away with neither having to die, so it was really surprising when Natasha ended up forcing Clint to drop her.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Me thinking she's not deep doesn't mean I think she's a bad character. Most of the Avengers aren't all that deep. I like her character, that's why I wanted to see more of her in the movie instead of getting killed off.
I don't agree that she's not deep relative to the other heroes. She's very fleshed out relatively, and again this is pretty impressive considering she doens't have a standalone (yet).

Bengraven