• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I think this might do ok.
The superhero extravaganza has enjoyed the biggest first week in history in terms of presales.

Marvel and Disney's Avengers: Endgame has sold more advance ticket sales in its first week than Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the previous Fandango record holder. And it is outpacing Avengers: Infinity War 5 to 1.

That's after the superhero extravaganza, directed by the Russo brothers, sold more tickets in its first 24 hours than any other pic in history.

Endgame begins playing in previews on the evening of April 25, a Thursday. Fandango reports that thousands of shows are sold out throughout the weekend, prompting theater chains to add more screenings around the clock (that's not unprecedented for a big Hollywood tentpole).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ales-set-new-record-1200866?utm_source=Direct

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
tpgZWOt.gif

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The spoilers for Infinity War were all over the place from the start between memes and day 1 leaks. This time I pre-ordered myself so I go in as blind as possible.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
... Does this have potential to touch Avatar?

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
Endgame will probably end up having low opening weekend ticket sales with people wanting to avoid the craziness of the release weekend! (maybe not)

Jezz

Apr 9, 2019
Honestly I am not surprised. This film looks very well and I think it will be a boom. In fact, it is alredy a boom

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
This data is interesting, but it's also indicative of the fact presales in general are getting more and more popular. Which is why the record is constantly broken, even by movies that don't end up out-selling the previous record holder overall.

However End Game will probably surpass IW either way.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to get decent ticket for the premier day here in Denmark. Sat in queue to book ticket before they started selling ticket. Was number 1000 in queue. When I finally got through the queue, any decent seats on the premier evening was taken. By the time I had checked with my friends which of the days after the premier I could reserve tickets for, and got back in the preorder queue, the number of people trying to book tickets had increased to 10000. This is at like 10 am on a work day

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
The tickets were released here in Denmark today. I was queued for over an hour to get mine. At 10 am on a weekday.

The thirst is real.

And yes, I got mine for the 24th anyway.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
in order for endgame to beat avatar it needs to make around 750mill more then what iw did

Dec 22, 2017
I remember when people said Infinity War wouldn't beat Force Awakens opening weekend. Said it was impossible. And now this will be even bigger.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Damn son!
So happy Emagine built a new theater near me

Snagged my tickets on opening and they have assigned seating (and reclining heated seats)

Going to be a great night!!

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo infinity war and endgame will pay for the Marvel deal by themselves, with the rest of the movies technically being all upside for the mouse. Lord.

That's before all the toys and plastic shit sold... Ridiculous money.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
... Does this have potential to touch Avatar?

It might blow Avatar out the water. I was curious so I looked at local cinemas and they're all showing Endgame on between eight to ten different screens at the midnight opening and they're all sold out.

The midnight screenings alone might beat out the opening weekends of almost every movie ever, so I don't even want to think what kind of cash they'll bring in over the weekend too.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to get decent ticket for the premier day here in Denmark. Sat in queue to book ticket before they started selling ticket. Was number 1000 in queue. When I finally got through the queue, any decent seats on the premier evening was taken. By the time I had checked with my friends which of the days after the premier I could reserve tickets for, and got back in the preorder queue, the number of people trying to book tickets had increased to 10000. This is at like 10 am on a work day
The tickets were released here in Denmark today. I was queued for over an hour to get mine. At 10 am on a weekday.

The thirst is real.

And yes, I got mine for the 24th anyway.
I had a different experience. I was #1177 in the queue at 10 in the morning. Then the servers went down (kino), but then I went to nfbio.dk and got in and got my tickets for April 25. Then I quit, and went in on nfbio.dk again and got access instantly, and could book another seat right in the middle on April 23 - I didn't do that though.

May 10, 2018
$280-$300 million opening weekend incoming.

$800 worldwide opening on deck.

Won't beat Avatar or Titanic but I think it will beat TFA worldwide.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I bought 9 tickets but need to refund 6.. I wonder how many others bought more tickets than they needed (in my case it was an accident).

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's gonna beat Avatar, but I'm starting to think it's gonna do better than both Infinity War and TFA worldwide.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the first time I've preordered a ticket since maybe The Two Towers. I'm pretty excited.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
This is why I never understand when some people were saying that it would make less than Infinity War.
5 to 1 is insane, I was expecting 3 to 1 at the most.