• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, using "males" and "females" wording like that is not very guchi around here so...
Yo mods let's get some correction on that thread title.

Oct 28, 2019
A lot of people posting in this thread really show their insecurities. At first it felt like some where tripping over themselves to rush and post a joke post but it got better as the thread went on. I find it interesting what women think is attractive cause it's sometimes it's different from what men expect. If this thread was waifu list wars there would be so much less joke posts.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Those are just band-aids/temporary solutions though, it's impossible to even address every obstacle. Equity as a solution means there'll always be sexism because it's always coming from a point of male dominance, and as we can see it's constant battles to just make minor changes.
I mean you need both short term and long term solutions I'd argue. To use your own metaphor, a bandage doesn't heal the wound, but it can at least stop someone from bleeding out until we can prepare a proper solution

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean you need both short term and long term solutions I'd argue. To use your own metaphor, a bandage doesn't heal the wound, but it can at least stop someone from bleeding out until we can prepare a proper solution
I agree. I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm against temporary measures, I'm against the idea of those being the end-goal.

FloofyMoofys

Aug 19, 2019
Nathan Drake n company are so boring like...they're so generic it hurts.
Now if we're talking hot? Matt Engarde.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I agree. I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm against temporary measures, I'm against the idea of those being the end-goal.
Of course. I mostly just chose this version of the image because it's more relevant to the current situation since resetera mods don't have the power to just end societal sexism

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
ELS4VMUWoAA2ycl.jpg

ELS4eMiWsAIV0o6.jpg

ELS4q0xWsAAUoX9.jpg

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
is it conceited for a man to wear underwear with his own face plastered on them

or does Spider-Man have licensing deals and he gets free merch of himself

Or is it Mary Jane's idea of a fun gift

Spider-Man's chisseled butt raises too many questions
Still not as legendary as America's Ass 😂😂

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
is it conceited for a man to wear underwear with his own face plastered on them

or does Spider-Man have licensing deals and he gets free merch of himself

Or is it Mary Jane's idea of a fun gift

Spider-Man's chisseled butt raises too many questions
almost finished with the last DLC and I do remember early game with one of the backpacks, Peter talks about old licensing deals he had for Spider-man and how the plushies and pizza are the only things left.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Why are you here?

You've made it clear how uncomfortable objectification of any kind makes you, knowing full well some of that is going to happen here.

Why?
Two reasons,
1. I love cool, attractive male designs! There are still several people that are posting pics that are in good taste, and I want to see that.
2. I was trying to call out the needless sexualization by people in this thread. If it needs to be done for the creepy men posting objectifying posts about women, then it needs to be done for creepy people posting objectifying posts about men as well.

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
Two reasons,
1. I love cool, attractive male designs! There are still several people that are posting pics that are in good taste, and I want to see that.
2. I was trying to call out the needless sexualization by people in this thread. If it needs to be done for the creepy men posting objectifying posts about women, then it needs to be done for creepy people posting objectifying posts about men as well.

At least now you know which members to not take serious when they pop up in some other threads complaining about a sexualized design. Remember the names.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): sexist trolling
"Males"?

That's a big yikes op. I can't believe this website allows such incel language. Please refer to "males" as men.

Oct 28, 2017
Carlos in RE3R is definitely the kind of guy you'd think would be able to walk up to any woman in a club and begin dancing with them.

Oct 28, 2019
That's a horrible picture, what'd make the most sense? Just removing the obstacle altogether.
You just don't understand and this is a perfect example of privilege. Often in real life the barrier can't be removed. That's why different people need different kinds of help. Should the stadium just remove all fences?

Oct 25, 2017
Two reasons,

I can understand that and you're right, no woman or man should be objectified.

But you know what, we so rarely have a thread like this one. Maybe you should excuse yourself if you're finding it not in good taste.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question, is that shot showing Spider-Man's cute and funny Spidey-boxers really that tasteless and creepy? If people really take offence I'll delete it.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I can understand that and you're right, no woman or man should be objectified.

But you know what, we so rarely have a thread like this one. Maybe you should excuse yourself if you're finding it not in good taste.
Just because you don't get to objectify men and look at clearly sexualized pictures of Spider-Man's butt often doesn't mean that it's right to do. I'm going to stay because I still want to see designs that I like. It just makes me sad and uncomfortable that people feel the need to be this way sometimes.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I found very intriguing is IronFalcon1997 hasn't said a peep about sexualized characters in the "Why women criticize sexualized characters" but now all of a sudden this is a huge problem.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
While playing Arc Rise Fantasia I did find the prince and Alfonso to be much more attractive than L'arc

latest

latest

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
What I found very intriguing is IronFalcon1997 hasn't said a peep about sexualized characters in the "Why women criticize sexualized characters" but now all of a sudden this is a huge problem.
I'm not a woman, so how am I qualified to input on their perspective of sexualized women? Besides, there's a difference between lending my voice to a conversation that's already very full where what I would have to say has already been said a hundred times and calling out things when they're happening as I see them.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless that thread is actually about posting pictures of attractive female characters that's not really a gotcha
Didn't say it was a gotcha, just find it intriguing.
I'm not a woman, so how am I qualified to input on their perspective of sexualized women? Besides, there's a difference between lending my voice to a conversation that's already very full where what I would have to say has already been said a hundred times and calling out things when they're happening as I see them.
Sure. Just find it intriguing.