• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Assuming that Insomniac goes for Gwen Stacy next in their Spider-Man universe, who should voice her?

• Dove Cameron (Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, Marvel Rising)

Votes: 22 3.2%
  • Allegra Clark (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3)

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • Laura Bailey (2017 Spider-Man cartoon)

Votes: 58 8.5%
  • Hailee Steinfeld (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)

Votes: 318 46.8%
  • Someone entirely new to the role

Votes: 237 34.9%
  • Lacey Chabert (The Spectacular Spider-Man)

Votes: 22 3.2%

• Total voters

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
How dare you. That ending made me tear up. Haha

I'd say it worked for probably 99% of people.

"Forced" is such an overused word in criticism that it basically means nothing. "The story did something I didn't agree with" is what they're actually trying to say, not that the story itself bent over backwards to justify the happenings.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Clark is probably who would get it. She's working a lot now, she's played the character before and Bailey is alresdy playing someone else. And Bailey generally doesn't have the vocal range to be able to play two characters that are that close. She's at the point of mostly being cast fur her Sora king voice. (And that's no shade, she's great!)

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Someone new would be ideal, and I'm pretty sure Insomniac will go that route.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
So you're saying there a chance...lol

I'd rather Insomniac doesnt follow the trope. Aka a super hero girl has to hook up with another more populate super hero boy. Also outside of Into the Spiderverse film that 'relationship' was forced imo.
Lol, I really didn't think it was forced into Spider-Verse. It felt nice, and their dynamic was my favorite part of the movie.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Clark is probably who would get it. She's working a lot now, she's played the character before and Bailey is alresdy playing someone else. And Bailey generally doesn't have the vocal range to be able to play two characters that are that close. She's at the point of mostly being cast fur her Sora king voice. (And that's no shade, she's great!)
That's what I'm thinking as well. Or at least, either Allegra Clark or someone entirely new.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Thinking about it, they could also do what they did with a certain character in Miles Morales.
Yeah, they probably can't go with an A-lister like Emma Stone but they could cast a smaller actress with a few shows and movies on her sleeve to have her as both the voice and model of the character.
However, I'm not really into shows so I don't know. Maybe Erin Moriarty ?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Like Yuoke said, Gwen wasn't mentioned once in the first game. Pretty much every character tied to Peter or Spidey was either mentionned or referenced somewhere except for Gwen and her father, which is really odd.
Also, there was this tweet :

Oh no, she is absolutely 100% making it into the roster in a future game.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Steinfeld is sweeping the vote, yet no one is commenting their support for her getting the role XD

She is fantastic, If she is up for it, give to her in a heartbeat

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If so I'm hopeful. My guess is we'll have Spider-Gwen in a third game, but honestly, I just want Gwen to be great, cool, and the main love interest :P

I was always more invested in Gwen and Peter's relationship in the Spectacular Spider-Man Cartoon and those mediocre Marc Webb movies than I was about Mary Jane in the other canons. And every reboot is a opportunity to change the rules on the mythology.

That ship is definitely sunk. It's not coming back.

It's super interesting how that all played out, too.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020
Emma Stone has an Oscar, she's not doing game VA any time soon lol

Until Sleeping Dogs 2 :O

1FFCA9D3CC885F2BCFA38DD5CB5C224EBEFDAEAF

Magicgamer

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully we go back to just Peter Parker, the actual reason I like Spider-Man. All these new people running around with Spidey powers is a mess.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Until Sleeping Dogs 2 :O

1FFCA9D3CC885F2BCFA38DD5CB5C224EBEFDAEAF
god, if only.

I mean, James McAvoy, Daisy Ridley, and Willem Dafoe are all in an indie game coming out early next year so
That's true, that cast is pretty wild. But that seems more like a weird passion thing for them, which I can't imagine a Spider-Man game would be especially for someone who appeared in Spider-Man films already.

Also none of those actors have Oscars (not even Dafoe, which is criminal!)

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
Laura bailey would stick out a little, but other than that im fine with anything, im sure theyd find someone who will do a good job

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I'm leaning on English VAs that are mostly known in Japanese games. Honestly, any of the VAs for Makoto, Ann, Morgana and Futaba from P5 would be great. They could use similar voices or go with something else entirely but their talented enough to give Gwen some spunk or make her more of a sweetie like the OG Gwen.

Fromskap

Sep 6, 2019
I think we should take pity on the cinema industry and give work to the unlucky Hollywood actors. Call it charity.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The Insomniac universe is its own thing. Gwen can be any age. They could make her Peter's or Miles' or hell, MJ's new love interest.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we go back to just Peter Parker, the actual reason I like Spider-Man. All these new people running around with Spidey powers is a mess.

You have decades worth of games and comics and movies catering to exactly that.

I'm glad Marvel realizes the importance of these characters and won't listen to fans that think this way.