• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
4k this, 4k that.... a crap ton of people don't even have a god damn 4k tv.... what about us with 1080p tv's?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Halo Infinite will likely be 4K 60fps, though.

I mean, we have current gen games at 4K/60. Devil May Cry V, Gears 5, Forza 7...

It's baffling to me that people think 'the 4K/60 dream is dead' or whatever for next gen when multiple games achieve it, while still looking amazing, on an Xbox One X. Every game and engine will run differently. Valhalla being cross gen doesn't we need to write off the idea that a lot of games will probably run at native 4K/60. It's not some unachievable aim.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What a joke but hey they did the same thing on PS4 releease.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Just because they arnt willing to put in the time to make it happen doesnt mean that it's not possible. Just that the game is coming in so hot that they are not going to have the time to optimize for 4k 60 fps.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
This is a cross-gen game running on a system with an over 2x more powerful GPU and 3-4x more powerful CPU than the One X but it's going to run at the same resolution and framerate as the One X? It makes no sense.

When it runs at 4kish with additional bells and whistles and ray tracing, yeah.

Probably not optimized for these consoles either. The bigger point is that these consoles will be pushed beyond what 60fps requires. Always. Forever.

Get a PC if you don't want that reality.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
My TV only supports 1080p. Do you guys think there's a legit chance that it could also be optimized for 1080p/60fps?

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

The big interview: Xbox Series X development chief Jason Ronald on power, price and that new boot screen

"We've seen some things I did not think were possible." Link to full interview: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-05-07-the-big-interview-xbox-series-x-development-chief-jason-ronald-on-power-price-and-that-new-boot-screen Some snippets:
No need to but, i mean Jason Ronald(Director of Project Management on Xbox Series X) already "warn" us during Eurogamers interview.
Microsoft has talked about the framerates Series X will enable. But are you saying the Xbox Series X effectively ends sub 60 frames per second games, either from Xbox itself or from third parties?

Jason Ronald: I wouldn't say it ends it, but now the creative control is in the developers' hands. Ultimately, we view resolution and framerate as a creative decision. Sometimes, from a pure gameplay aspect, 30 is the right creative decision they can make. But in previous generations, sometimes you had to sacrifice framerate for resolution. With this next generation, now it's completely within the developers' control. And even if you're building a competitive game, or an esports game, or a twitch fighter or first-person shooter, 60 frames is not the ceiling anymore. As we've seen on PC and other ecosystems, ultra high framerates and ultra low latency input, that is the precision they prefer to prioritise. So we've designed the system to put that creative control in developers hands.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
The CPU is >4x previous gens. I am not sure what troubles Ubisoft can possibly have.

If the is 4k 30fps it means half the CPU power is used on next-gen consoles.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Absolute joke tbh.

The nextgen console's CPU/GPU is more than capable to run ACV at 60fps if launch PS4/XB1 can run this game at 30fps. Why not have a 60fps mode with lower resolution if not?

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
No way there isnt an option for a dynamic at 60fps. I'm pretty sure the 4k 30 is all bells and whistles and we can then pare back to a dynamic resolution at 60. Also why say 60 if they can't deliver the true experiemce at 60. This sounds like "lets say 30 coz we know we can do that instead of saying 60 with compromises".

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
They really should start adding performance options for games more often next gen. I'd use a 1440p 60 fps option every single time. The difference between 1440p upscaled and 4k is tiny compared to literally doubling the frame rate.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
been posting on their twitter and the assasinscreed reddit. everyone should beg them for a 60fps mode at lower res/settings. pretty please.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm we shall see when it comes closer to release, but not surprising. The people who expected 4K/60 and ray tracing are sure to be disappointed.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Not really disappointed personally, I played every AC game at this framerate, I'm all for them cranking up the bells and whistles instead.

Deleted member 67920

alt account
Banned
May 1, 2020
Sony and Microsoft provided developers with powerful CPUs, GPUs, SSDs and high bandwidth RAM.

The PS5 is a beast. The XSX is a beast.

30 FPS only is inexcusable.

It's time console players get more options. The hardware is ready for it.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
This is a bummer, I really hope there's a variable resolution setting that can hit 60.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Are you seriously implying that Ubisoft of all developers, who consistently put out some of the most visually and technically impressive games in the industry, with 1000+ people working on each game, lacks the technical expertise needed to get the game to 60 fps? If the game doesn't ship with a 60 fps mode, there is undoubtedly a good reason for it.

by far the biggest complaint after the Xbox series X showcase Was that the visuals on show didn't wow.
Ubisoft has come to realize what many already know. The vast majority of folks care about fancy graphics over frame rate.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If that quote is right, saying the Minumum of 30 is an odd choice of words. Maybe an unlocked framerate and using variable refresh tech?

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I take it back when I said that cross-gen games would easily run 4k/60. Here's to hoping my humble 1080p setup will sufice.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The CPU is >4x previous gens. I am not sure what troubles Ubisoft can possibly have.

If the is 4k 30fps it means half the CPU power is used on next-gen consoles.
could it be.... the fact it's cross gen with Jaguars, and this is why the umbilical chord shoud be cut asap to current gen.

Another reason why I hope MS just burries the Xbox One and release everything as next gen exclusives.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think for the type of game it is ( 3rd person action adventure) 30 fps is good enough as long as its buttery smooth in my opinion

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Still calling 4K60 watch, regardless I'm playing on whichever console plays best since it's not on steam but I do hope we have a 60 FPS mode.
But why? You can just install uplay pay $15 for uplay + (or get a month free if you haven't done it yet) and play it there and save $45, beat it and uninstall uplay.

Do people hate non-steam launchers that much they are willing to lose money?

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Some of the replies in this thread. You can't expect a big increase in visual splendor and then also expect 60 FPS. Not happening for most games.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
People who thought we would get 4K/60FPS with RTX at very high settings for AAA titles on new consoles either don't game on PC or don't know what they were talking about.
In AC: Odyssey you can't get anywhere near a stable 60FPS at 4K ultra settings with a 2080Ti and a CPU more powerful than the ones on next gen consoles.
And even lowering some settings, the game struggles to reach 60 in some areas.
Imagine adding RTX on top of that...

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this what I expected.

I always wanted to ask a question regarding recent Assassin's Creed games. What is it about the games that hits the CPU so hard? Do you think it's justified based on the visuals or is it an issue of optimization? I was holding out hope that maybe Vulkan or DX12 could help make 60 fps an easier target but a cross-gen AC console game still staying at 30 fps basically kills that dream.

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta laugh at these 60 fps standard people. A console doesn't inherently push out 60 frames. It's all up to the devs on how they wish to utilize the resources they are given. If they push visuals, you will get less frames. If they are conservative on the visuals, you will get more frames. Simple as that.

That being said, not having a subpar notebook cpu that makes games CPU-bound more often than not will definitely help with the framerate on average.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Why isn't 60 @ 1440 ever the target? I guess "4K" sounds better in marketing..

It's not that simple. If a game's framerate is bound by the CPU, lowering the resolution won't have a big impact on framerate. With that said though, these cross-gen games should have no problem hitting 60 FPS on next-gen systems and equivalent PCs. A "high framerate" mode should be standard in all cross-gen games imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.