• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I really enjoyed what I played of Odyssey so I may jump in to this on PC. Or Xbox if it's rock solid

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... Yes.

Yes, I should return to this game, as I only spent like a few hours with it before.

NoTimeToDie

Aug 1, 2020
So just to confirm, this update enables a "PS5" version when inserting the ps4 disk into a ps5 console? Or is it still playing as a ps4 version but now has a setting for 60 FPS in the menu? Looking to buy a used copy tomorrow for $8 at GameStop, but would appreciate a confirmation.

Thanks guys!

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Currently on sale on PSN btw

Tangential but Odyssey Ultimate Edition is on sale, too. Bought it for $35 last night. All the DLC (minus some random microtransactions, I think?) + the remastered versions of III and Liberation...fantastic deal.

Best AC since AC2(and Revelations) - dont @ me Black Flag lovers!

Still the grandest take on the new AC formula, at the very least. I can see how someone would prefer Odyssey, or even Valhalla, but Origins delivers on the core series concept of recreating a historical setting on a level few games have ever touched. It actually felt innovative and pretty singular in that way. Origins leverages scale beautifully, while Odyssey is a bit less purposeful and more indulgent with it.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder to not buy this or pretty much any AC game on PSN if you pretend to upgrade your Plus, they are giving Origins and Valhalla but I'll be shocked if we don't get everything soon.

GCQ

Oct 27, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Playing Valhalla now, but Origins is still probably my favorite of the new trilogy. It being one of the first games I played on my new PC two years ago maxed out at 4K/60 FPS certainly didn't hurt either :)

And since we're posting favorite tracks...

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
Might check this out on gamepass.

Skipped most of the RPG AC games during their runs. Did like what i played of Odyssey during the Stadia beta, but never played past 10ish hours. I Bought Valhalla on PS5 launch and idk if it was just getting a new console warmed up with a deep game, but i really enjoyed my playthrough and will probably hop back when DLCs are cheap.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder to not buy this or pretty much any AC game on PSN if you pretend to upgrade your Plus, they are giving Origins and Valhalla but I'll be shocked if we don't get everything soon.
Origins isn't on Plus or announced for it.

I do think there's a high chance that it'll be there at some stage (and it'll definitely be on the full Ubisoft subscription service when it launches on PlayStation), but right now the only AC game on the new Plus service is Valhalla.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Origins isn't on Plus or announced for it.

I do think there's a high chance that it'll be there at some stage (and it'll definitely be on the full Ubisoft subscription service when it launches on PlayStation), but right now the only AC game on the new Plus service is Valhalla.

Also, if you want more of these patches you have to drop the cash. That's the only vote \voice you really have.

It's nearly always on sale.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
It's so bullshit that they delayed this patch until my day off.

Wait a minute…

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
The patch comes tomorrow, but on what time will the game be up on Gamepass? It's still not showing for me.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
This being just a patch and not like an actual game release, they ought to just release it whenever it's ready.

I'll also chime I with this being my favorite of the new trilogy. I just fucking love ancient Egypt.

Nov 4, 2017
Ok I might have to come back to this game to mop up the side content for this. The game world is utterly gorgeous and it will absolutely shine at 60fps. Also I loved Bayek and Aya as characters.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I had major technical problems with the PC version that stunted my playtime considerably so I am very much looking forward to exploring this world again.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
After playing and completing the first 5 AC games I bailed quite early on Black Flag about 8 years ago, never to go back.
Looking forward to playing one again now, got it installed and ready to go.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Which version of the game are we getting? I think ill just buy it now for cheap and enjoy 4 days of play..

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Do I wait for the game pass version or open my copy I've had for about a year, ha! Also any HDR settings for LG OLED I remember this is one of the first games with a papar white option. Didn't EvilBoris created a HDR settings video?

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Do I wait for the game pass version or open my copy I've had for about a year, ha! Also any HDR settings for LG OLED I remember this is one of the first games with a papar white option. Didn't EvilBoris created a HDR settings video?
Xbox one X was 4k native iirc so if you are in no hurry (and the patch doesn't lower res or has any funky frame rate) it'd be the "best".

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
That's right, it has a paper white setting you want to treat correctly : 150-200nits should do it. There is also a separate brightness setting you can drop back a bit to solve some of the UI looking grey.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Are the XSX and PS5 versions identical?
We don't know if they're doing anything more than just an FPS unlock, do we?

IF it's just a patch that affects the framerate, I guess we'd be getting the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro versions, but I'm not sure if there's a difference between those either.
The PS4 Pro ran at a lower resolution, but I guess that might be dynamic resolution doing... something to keep it at its previous framerate target. It's possible, I guess, they end up running identically, or nearly identically, on either platform after the patch.