• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
I want to know what the character in the center looks like I meanat this point in the stream the setting is obvious.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Creative doesn't mean good

Different strokes for different folks. Just because some people don't enjoy it doesn't mean it's worth complaining about.

The content that other people want will come, this isn't for them and that's okay. It's a unique, fun way of doing a reveal that highlights talent we don't normally get to see the process for.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

EWxT63VXYAcrLCC

is this meme still popular? I swear it has been years since i saw the hype train

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is a cool way to show something, especially when people maybe have more time to spare.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
This is such a good idea for a stream, massively in favour of it

Just nice and chill, slowly building up

Thicc Enigma

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 18, 2020
What is up with companies and making such shitty reveals lately?

First that god awful PS5 reveal and now this.

Like people are bored in quarantine and are itching for something interesting. This is the perfect time to go crazy and break viewership records. And yet this is all that they come up with.
I prefer this over a CG trailer or anything we've gotten recently.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Just a heads up guys and girls.
With the recent TLOU2 leaks, that live chat is DANGEROUS, keep it hidden

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, nice soundtrack. Ezio remix theme or something.

Hope this guy is still painting after my zoom meeting.

WolfForager

Oct 27, 2017
This has to be pre-recorded and sped up right? I'm not familiar at all with Photoshop, but Bosslogic is zooming around that thing.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird to see people bashing this. If you enjoy art being made, watch it. If you don't, don't watch it and come back here when it's finished. You know it'll be everywhere when the game is revealed when Boss is done.

I'm thoroughly enjoying seeing this with the cool AC music playing. It's so chill.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I wonder if they will bring back the shield for this game. They took it out of Odyssey because Ubi said people abused it too much.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
The silhouette (the MC I assume?) seems to have a hidden blade btw. Not that it's, huh, shocking.

Also, I wonder if this another "Alexios on the cover" thing or if this guy is the sole MC.

Oct 27, 2017
This is cool. They've clearly communicated upfront that this is a setting reveal, so it's not as if you've got people hanging on for a gameplay deep dive.

The novelty of this seems to have already worn off for some, but it's the chance you take. I like it.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, some folks really hate creative reveals, apparently. Don't worry, you'll get your CG/gameplay trailers, too. This isn't the game reveal, Ubisoft is pretty damn specific in saying that this is the setting/character reveal.

This is super cool, and a nice way to highlight talent on the team.

Do all that AFTER the gameplay reveal. This is the stuff that goes into deep dives ONCE you grab their attention. Not the WAY YOU grab their attention. This is like Cerny all over again. There's a few big companies that seem to have left their Marketing Manual at the office during lockdown.

All they needed to do was show 5 seconds of gameplay and then launch into this. Or do gameplay then have a series of mini docs like this.

At the moment this feels like The Sprint for Halo, but without any trailers beforehand.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Unique teaser for sure, fun to do something else.

But I ain't gonna lie, personally don't have the patience to sit and watch someone mess about in Photoshop :P

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Expecting just a trailer is just so boring. You get a 1-2 min video and then what?
People have tons of time these days and it's pretty cool to see a photoshop process from who is essentially the most popular name in the game on the internet.

This is a put it on background, 2nd screen kind of thing while cool music plays, and check on it every now and then.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
This track is sick and sounds Scandinavian... Is it new?

EDIT: Nvm confusing pirates with vikings.