• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
What stupid prize did you get , and what stupid game were you playing, that made you this way?

Like you're using a racist comment as if that's proof that a common idiom is also racist. What.
Whoah whoah whoah. Don't get my shit twisted. I'm not saying it's fucking racist. I'm saying I see racists use it all the time on pice brutality videos and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
All these Covid-19 patients who say they don't know how they got it. I bet they actually know exactly how they got it but don't want admit they were being reckless.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

...SO ANYWAY THO, I'm disappointed. Both of these artists have music that DEFINED my younger years. ESPECIALLY 'Shanti. My days? They were cold without you.

I hope she recovers and suffers no serious effects from covid. I also hope people learn from this. COVID is serious. Fuck.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
PLEASE stop asking who are these FAMOUS black people are in threads about them! Google is fucking free, people. No one wants to see a thread immediately be about your lame ass and how you don't know about black celebrities. You're not fucking cute for making your ignorant ass jokes either. Black folks and others put up with the most niche people everyone else knows without making the thread about them and having folks educate them about the person in question. It would be nice if you can reciprocate that and either don't fucking post or actually post something that isn't aggravating to me and others.

Anyways, Ashanti is wild as hell for what she said on IG Live and all the trips she did before the Verzuz.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Just what the hell did she expect when she didn't take this pandemic seriously? Those pictures doesn't make her look good at all.

This isn't a joke.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
OK, I'm getting a moderator here, because this is getting out of control. This thread has been derailed for too long.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE stop asking who are these FAMOUS black people are in threads about them! Google is fucking free, people. No one wants to see a thread immediately be about your lame ass and how you don't know about black celebrities. You're not fucking cute for making your ignorant ass jokes either. Black folks and others put up with the most niche people everyone else knows without making the thread about them and having folks educate them about the person in question. It would be nice if you can reciprocate that and either don't fucking post or actually post something that isn't aggravating to me and others.
This.

You all do this shit all the time. Make threads about these off-beat, underground, white-ass artists that ultimately the world doesn't give a shit about under the knowledge that practically no one is going to come in and denigrate their talents or their notoriety, while sliding into threads surrounding bigger, more notable black talent and dismissing them with "Who?" and "Oh, she must be a background dancer."

It is absolutely fucking racist. AND you pulled this stunt on my birthday too?

Reports and posts are about to be reviewed.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Crawl out of the cave you people are living in, it's Ashanti.
highly irresponsible of her of course. And all those people in the picture have to get checked out now, she better pick up the tab.
also, some of you think you slick, you ain't.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
this just make me think of the Reylo folks. Didn't they know that Star Wars isn't that kind of movie? Or rather is that kind of movie where what happened is what happens?

also I've seen tons of boomers and internet dads use that phrase. Also a lot of younger 'ow the edge' types also like it, it's like the kind of thing shadow would say before shooting someone in the face. But that's a silly argument, nobody owns it, though I haven't seen it around Era a lot.

Last edited:

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
rpEkirYh.jpg

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This.

You all do this shit all the time. Make threads about these off-beat, underground, white-ass artists that ultimately the world doesn't give a shit about under the knowledge that practically no one is going to come in and denigrate their talents or their notoriety, while sliding into threads surrounding bigger, more notable black talent and dismissing them with "Who?" and "Oh, she must be a background dancer."

It is absolutely fucking racist. AND you pulled this stunt on my birthday too?

Reports and posts are about to be reviewed.

Next Chris Cornell thread pop up imma be like "Who?"

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yes

Because boomers who get on Liveleak, r/justiceserved, and racist / authoritarian / far right forums say it when people die, or get hurt. Go on any george floyd-esque video of police brutality and there's always twelve fuckers saying "play stupid games..."

inb4 "well, I've never seen it used by anybody like that". Yeah, that's why I'm having to tell you this now

Ok, I do have to say that I do mostly associate that phrase with Reddit...

due to how much people said it in replies on r/relationships, because it's an incredibly, incredibly common phrase

come on