• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Nice idea from Zhuge, dude leaks stuff too easily sometimes which is actually quite annoying but this is neat

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Min Min win winning once again!

Anyway, I'm going to hope that this means Sakurai has put an unpredecented amount of effort into this character by making multiple echo fighters and not that he's pulled another Hero, because including Twintelle without Actress Aura and Min Min without her dragon arm would be really disappointing.
Multiple echo fighters actually makes the most sense because as alts, you remove the uniqueness and screw up the models somewhat (Twintelle being the one hurt the most by this), but as echo fighters, you can keep their uniqueness and they'd still be faithful since all ARMS characters are functionally the same.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Bowser jr style character swap seems like the way it'll be
Could easily say "we were ready to launch one character in March but decided to include more Arms fighters as alt costumes to get more in"

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
I'm still going with 1 ARMS character and multiple echoes that only difference is a single mechanic.

It would be awesome and the way to go ...

Putting this here again....

Springman: When percentage is 100% or more, has a comeback factor. Similar to Lucario aura but not as dramatic. Maybe an increase weight too?

Ribbon Girl: 3 mid air jumps Instead of 1

Minmin: perfect parries attacks or deflects projectiles with a kick.

Twintelle: when holding the jump button (mid air) she floats with a slow motion set to 1/2speed. Anyone caught in it will be slowed down as well. She can let go for time to go back to normal or wait 2.5sec for it to go back as well

Ninjala: air dodge to any direction doesn't lag with his ninja disappear reappear technique.

Mar 9, 2018
IT'S GOING TO BE ALL OF THEM!
We don't need to fight anymore. We can watch a french movie and drink tea while still drinking soup on top of a mattress while an unopened poorly performing music album rests on the bedside table. Peace across the land.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Multiple echo fighters actually makes the most sense because as alts, you remove the uniqueness and screw up the models somewhat (Twintelle being the one hurt the most by this), but as echo fighters, you can keep their uniqueness and they'd still be faithful since all ARMS characters are functionally the same.

I'm still going with 1 ARMS character and multiple echoes that only difference is a single mechanic.

It would be awesome and the way to go ...

Putting this here again....

Springman: When percentage is 100% or more, has a comeback factor. Similar to Lucario aura but not as dramatic. Maybe an increase weight too?

Ribbon Girl: 3 mid air jumps Instead of 1

Minmin: perfect parries attacks or deflects projectiles with a kick.

Twintelle: when holding the jump button (mid air) she floats with a slow motion set to 1/2speed. Anyone caught in it will be slowed down as well. She can let go for time to go back to normal or wait 2.5sec for it to go back as well

Ninjala: air dodge to any direction doesn't lag with his ninja disappear reappear technique.

This would definitely be the best way to go.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worst version of everyone: It's Hedlock on its own and he will summon a random ARMS fighter to take control of.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
in all honesty, no ARMS character would make me buy this, but I hope its Min Min or Twintlelle. So if any of the future fighters is from a franchise I like, I wouldn't mind having either one of those lesser evils

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Not really sure how I would feel about a multi-character with Spring Man likely as the default/main. Happy the other characters are in but still sad they just can't let a female character stand on their own. At least it's better than Hero inexplicably being all four male characters.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Twintelle literally cant work as an alt costume. Her model and animations would be too different from the likes of Spring Man and Min Min

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If we really are getting four characters I don't think they'll be alts. They'd probably be (semi) clones of each other.

That said I don't think Zhuge's tweet has to imply we're getting all four. If you were anywhere on the pulse of the conversation surrounding the franchise and the sentiment around most communities, you'd be pretty aware what the most commonly assumed character for the game was, especially since one of them trended in the US upon the announcement. You could make a pretty educated guess about who was gonna lead the poll.

But if we do get all four, then that's gonna be pretty insane.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be cool with Min Min or Twintelle. Ribbon Girl or Spring Man would be the epitome of boring.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
If we really are getting four characters I don't think they'll be alts.

That said I don't think Zhuge's tweet has to imply we're getting all four. If you were anywhere on the pulse of the conversation surrounding the character, you'd be pretty aware what the most commonly assumed character for the game was, especially since one of them trended in the US upon the announcement. You could make a pretty educated guess about who was gonna lead the poll.
It sounds like that character isn't winning his poll tho. When he wrote that poll, he knew the results could go any which way, so the only way for the "whoever wins is announced" claim to work is if all four characters are in.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
this feels like "maybe the SNK rep will be a Pokemon Trainer-style team of three characters" all over again

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like that character isn't winning his poll tho. When he wrote that poll, he knew the results could go any which way, so the only way for the "whoever wins is announced" claim to work is if all four characters are in.
That character is winning the poll, and by a large margin.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
if Spring man is the fighter everyone is going to think more AT are going to be upgraded and spirits are all fair game. What a headache it is going to be.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I thought someone on the other page said Twintelle was losing, I haven't logged in
I'm talking about Min Min. She trended on Twitter upon the announcement of the reveal event, she regularly tops community polls on forums, and she was the winner of the PCB. She's commonly been the popular "assumption", especially for that last reason, as well as being the developer favorite.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Twintelle doesn't work as an alt at all without some really strange animations, so having Zhuge's hint meaning that it's a Hero situation would be weird. And I've seen plenty of ARMS fans argue that the working in the others as alts would also be weird, which is fair considering how different their animations are in game. But I also don't think that Sakurai and his team would put 4 echo fighters for just one Fighter Pass. So maybe he is just hinting at Min Min being the character, since she's the most popular choice at the moment? Or maybe he's trolling

Edit: Or we're getting that one Biff theory where he controls mulitple ARMS fighters, which would be...an interesting move

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about Min Min. She trended on Twitter upon the announcement of the reveal event, she regularly tops community polls on forums, and she was the winner of the PCB. She's commonly been the popular "assumption", especially for that last reason, as well as being the developer favorite.
Thanks for clarifying.

Min Min would be my gun-to-the-head guess, but since a poll on character requests can play out any number of ways, it feels like the only way he could safely present this question and "promise" is if he has reason to think Sakurai is somehow accommodating all four.

Although I guess it could also just be for funsies and mean nothing, lol.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
could also mean that it is one character but the rest are also revealed in the presentation via the stage.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
they're charging the same amount for this challenger pack as they do for the other ones

they're not gonna squeeze in three to five echoes

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That only works for Min Min and Ribbon Girl

Twintelle is way too different with her regular limbs and hair ARMS
They can still call her an echo fighter for the hell of it or just give her her own number and call her a semi-clone. That way she can still work as she should instead of being based off Spring Man.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So my guess is a hero situation or Min Min.... uhm Twintelle has some ... interesting fanart to say the least o.o

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Zhuge definitely makes it sound like it's a combo set...could also be he's just playing around

but also it would really mess up with hit boxes, etc. unless Sakurai directly layers perfectly one over another all the characters.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
but none of the alts have a single unique animation, and the special moves recycle animations like crazy

you're gonna have to work a lot harder than that to make a Twintelle
If Sakurai wants to put in the effort he will. I'm not saying I think that will happen, but I am saying it's absolutely within the realm of possibility.

People have a tendency to say something is impossible until it happens, then they retroactively qualify "oh here's how this was possible."

I bet many people would've seriously doubted Sakurai making a character with a 24-in-1 Down Special prior to Hero's release.

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Zhuge definitely makes it sound like it's a combo set...could also be he's just playing around
He's probably playing around. All the previous leaks around characters have been from all the third party ones. The one that wasn't leaked, Byleth, was first party.

That's on top of the fact that it's Zhuge and like 90% of his tweets are jokes that people read too much into.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He's probably playing around. All the previous leaks around characters have been from all the third party ones. The one that wasn't leaked, Byleth, was first party.

That's on top of the fact that it's Zhuge and like 90% of his tweets are jokes that people read too much into.
Byleth was leaked, it just stayed within the press. Several people did imply their existence was known. Zhuge did casually hint at it before the announcement as well.

Imran also said he's known who the ARMS character is for a while, and was surprised they hadn't revealed it yet. The identity of the characters tends to slip into circulation not long before they get revealed.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
To be honest, I don't think I would want 4 separate ARMS characters clogging up the CSS, and that might be the thing that gets me to switch on the "stacking echoes" option

I think my ideal is Spring Man with Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min alts, and a Twintelle echo.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
It sounds like its all of these characters because its 2 of the most popular ones and 2 "on the box" characters.

Also if Zhuge was playing around I'd assume it would be more a random selection of Arm fighters and not the obvious 4 choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.