• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly they should've chosen TIT over TMNT's marquees art, the green line is cool but April makes it really hard to have it anywhere in the house that is not my games room.

Marvel is simply bonkers, the art is sublime.
Top notch new pop-art

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I don't want to hack that tmnt machine after I already hacked my sf2 machine.

Nope I don't want to.

Nope.

Dammit.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If so, then I hope that they go for the Arcade versions of

X-Men: Children of the Atom,
Marvel Super Heroes,
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter,
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter,
MvC1,

And the Xbox 360 versions of MvC2 & UMvC3.
It'd probably be CotA to MvC2 (plus maybe Punisher) with XvSF, MvC1, & MvC2 having online multiplayer. No use in including UMvC3 when you can buy that separately.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This just reminds me about my dream game:

A new version of Turtles in Time with the 4-player feature of the arcade game, the improvements of the SNES version and the additional stages from Hyperstone Heist on Genesis. With online play.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Man... I haven't bought any of these yet, but I really want to. At this point, I want the SFII cab, the MK cab, the Final Fight/Strider cab, and now the TMNT cab and the Capcom/Marvel cab... this is insane haha.

Oct 29, 2017
Dude what!?

The only problem I see is, is there really going to be room for 4 people to stand side by side playing TMNT?

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Just took a look at their site... no mention of these new cabs on there yet, but I noticed they are now selling all kinds of replacement parts... new buttons, new control decks, new screens... makes me question the quality of these things even more than I already do...

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Why does the Turtles machine say Turtles In Time along the bottom but have the 1989 arcade game in it?

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
72qJQII.gif

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Marvel Super Heroes and Children of the Atom?! I'm absolutely getting this cabinet!

Marvel Games has to be in communication with Capcom USA then. Maybe MvC4 could happen after all.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I wish there was a chance to get real lightgun games down the line, I'd kill for a Point Blank collection and Operation Wolf/Thunderbolt.

As much as I loved Turtles in Time in the arcades, I loved The Simpsons arcade game even more. Give me that and I'll be tempted.

As much as I love The Simpsons' first ten years (as much as I dislike the show nowadays I guess) and Konami's brawlers, the game does not hold up at all.
Even as a novelty, nostalgia wore off after 30 minutes give or take.

We should not forget Konami made the best scrolling brawler of all time, Crime Fighters 2 aka VENDETTA. Gimme that with Sunset Riders (and ALIENS lol) and I'm set.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Come on announce a Simpsons cab tomorrow!

Hard to resist the TMNT one though.

VileZero

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland/DC
Just took a look at their site... no mention of these new cabs on there yet, but I noticed they are now selling all kinds of replacement parts... new buttons, new control decks, new screens... makes me question the quality of these things even more than I already do...

That's my question. This looks incredible, but I'd like to know from someone who owns one if the quality is good on these.

Also a bit concerned that they're so short. And the riser is a $40 add-on.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
OH MAN, I need both of these. I used to always play these at Chuck E Cheese.

But aren't these arcade's super tiny?

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
X-Men: Children of the Atom is the best marvel capcom game imo. Wish I had room for one.

How does it work. Licensed roms running on MAME, or do they source original boards?

Do the LCD panels have a good response time?
They aren't bad but I don't have an actual arcade board to toss in mine to have really tested it. I recently scrapped the original lcd and put in a Dell 20inch 2007fp. Was very simple to do for what I consider to be a huge upgrade.

All things considered, for casual play there's it'll be good! I'm personally working towards making a VS cab setup with 2 stuck end to end.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I own the Street Fighter 2 cabinet and man, can I not recommend these at all. I got mine as a Christmas gift and put it together around new years day. I am unable to screw the ball onto one of the sticks because there is a defect with the rod. There are several dead pixels on the monitor as well as a dead bug or something stuck under the screen... This stuff happens, I understand.

I reach out to Arcade1up customer support and just get nothing for a while. I understand its the holidays. Several weeks later, they respond asking for a video of the screen. I send it. They say there isn't enough dead pixels to replace the screen. My wife talks to them and they finally agree to replace both parts. This is two months later. Now, I'm supposed to wait 6 weeks for the new pieces.

Two and half months later, just the screen arrives. No new stick or return label like they said they would send. We email them again and after another week or so they send out a new joystick. It arrives fairly quickly and I take apart the cabinet and to install the new screen, easy enough. I take the plastic cover off the board and realize that everything in there is messily hotglued together and I would have to strip the glue from the stick and all the wires to replace it.... I end up just forcing the ball on. W/e

Since I still I don't have a return label to get rid of the old monitor, I email them again to ask to get the return label. They inform that they are no longer taking returns on bad pieces and I get to keep this bad monitor.... Yay

Dealing with Arcade1up is worse than dealing with the DMV or your ISP... If this wasn't a gift that the person had bought months before Christmas, I would've return it right away.

Its kind of fun to have this little cabinet, but these issues aside, its almost too small for two adults to play even with the stand and the sound is so terrible with only one small speaker on the right side of the board.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
That's my question. This looks incredible, but I'd like to know from someone who owns one if the quality is good on these.

Also a bit concerned that they're so short. And the riser is a $40 add-on.
Having used a bunch of the machines in various settings- the height is perfectly fine for sitting down in a normal chair to play. The riser gets it approximately to where a normal cabinet would be- and if you don't want to spend $40 on it, you can use other objects to do it. The riser costs money because it's designed to look natural with the machine, keep it from moving around, and has to support the weight of the machine (which is something like 50 lbs)

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Marvel Super Heroes and Children of the Atom?! I'm absolutely getting this cabinet!

Marvel Games has to be in communication with Capcom USA then. Maybe MvC4 could happen after all.
I wouldn't go that far, but I could see a Marvel vs. Capcom Legacy Collection happening.

Colloco

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
florida
Why not offer 4 player for the marvel cabinet, children of the atom was 4 player, or was it six?

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
huh so these things are obviously selling well enough to go after the licensing

From what I've read, the Arcade1Up cabinets sold way more than TasteMasters was expecting.

so are these emulated or is it a repro arcade board

How does it work. Licensed roms running on MAME, or do they source original boards?

Do the LCD panels have a good response time?

The cabinets use stored roms running on emulation. The Atari/Midway cabinets used an older version of MAME, the SF2 cabinet used MOO. I'm not sure what the new cabinets use. The PCBs use a low-end ARM CPU, the hardware is pretty close to those Pandora Box 1000-in-1 multi-arcade boards you can buy online.

I don't know about the response time, but the LCD panel on the Asteroids cabinet I own looks like a cheap TN LCD panel.

The first set of Arcade1Up cabinets had a number of quality issues. I've heard people report that the latest set of cabinets (Golden Tee, Final Fight, Mortal Kombat) are noticably better in terms of LCD screen quality, control button quality, and panel artwork.

Last edited: