• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody else's game completely bust after the update?
Literally broken as soon as you login.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Played a couple of games. One I hot dropped the new area along with about 10 other squads. It was fun while it lasted!

Had a few flare ups of the ring as well, but seemed pretty straight forward to avoid. And had no use for my heat shield yet...

I put one down in a ring to test it though and healing is rapid quick - you definitely notice it.

monkyrez

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like No-Fill just, doesn't actually work right now? Either that or maybe if you are just in queue too long it forces you into a match with a group, I just tried to No-Fill a few duos matches on Xbox and it just threw me together with someone anyway.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
I'm the only one that can't download the Switch version?

The option to download does not appear on the eShop, it was supposed to launch today right?

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Tried out the new area. Didn't understand anything but we won the game. And the next. Also the new announcer was super confusing at first. Thought my teammates were yelling at me on voice. 10/10 event so far

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tried out the new area. Didn't understand anything but we won the game. And the next. Also the new announcer was super confusing at first. Thought my teammates were yelling at me on voice. 10/10 event so far
Been having trouble with matchmaking so I havent played it yet, but the Caustic Treatment area does look super fun. I'm watching folks on Twitch fight in and out of the vents lol

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I was weak this morning and bought all the packs.

I play quite a bit of Bangalore so I guess it's worth,.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Shrugtal is datamining the latest patch and he is saying the long-awaited Arenas mode is coming season 9, with in-game teasers starting mid-April. It will have a ranked mode.

I am thinking this could be more like a Valorant competitor (with longer TTK of course) versus a more casual CoD/Titanfall team deathmatch.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
Anyone else getting loud sound glitches popping up randomly? I think it has something to do with the flares but it triggers nowhere near them.

I love the new heat shield, had a couple of good plays with them already and they can be really tactical. Really dislike the new announcer though.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting issues loading into the main menu? I'm getting the "problem processing game logic" error. But it also said something about an UI object's array size bring greater than 0?

I'm on PS4.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Shrugtal is datamining the latest patch and he is saying the long-awaited Arenas mode is coming season 9, with in-game teasers starting mid-April. It will have a ranked mode.

I am thinking this could be more like a Valorant competitor (with longer TTK of course) versus a more casual CoD/Titanfall team deathmatch.
In Shurugtal we trust.

Edit:
Goddamn those leaked skins look dope.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
Anyone else getting loud sound glitches popping up randomly? I think it has something to do with the flares but it triggers nowhere near them.
I'm getting them all the time. It sounds like when a door opens right next to you. For some reason, it's always in my left ear, and happens a lot when I'm running across an open area. Super annoying.

Also, the Fill option seems super broken. 7 of my last 8 games have had me filling by myself, even though I have it set to fill me with allies. Also super annoying.

Oct 31, 2017
As a duo today in trios, in probably 7 games, we've had a third player in maybe 2 of them.

What the fuck is wrong with this game's matchmaking? Why does it do this shit constantly? It's TERRIBLE.

How is there not more extreme, vocal criticism about this stuff? I cannot be the only person who gets absolutely dogged by this game's matchmaking in pubs at the rate I do.

I cannot properly explain just how ridiculous this game handicaps me, game to game.

Writing this post, ANOTHER NO THIRD GAME.

Next game, another no third.

Why do I play this?

Again. Four games in a row, no THIRD. WTF.

Their matchmaking is broken.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
So Caustic's new area is basically Skulltown on acid. Neat. Go in and get melted or melt a ton of people.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
As a duo today in trios, in probably 7 games, we've had a third player in maybe 2 of them.

What the fuck is wrong with this game's matchmaking? Why does it do this shit constantly? It's TERRIBLE.

How is there not more extreme, vocal criticism about this stuff? I cannot be the only person who gets absolutely dogged by this game's matchmaking in pubs at the rate I do.

I cannot properly explain just how ridiculous this game handicaps me, game to game.

Why do I play this?

I've have the exact same experience. I feel like I've encountered mostly incomplete enemy teams too.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017

Why do I play this?

Yeah, it's insane how prominent of a problem it's been for as long as it has.

Oct 31, 2017
I've have the exact same experience. I feel like I've encountered mostly incomplete enemy teams too.
Just went to my smurf to go to ranked to get my buddy into gold. We actually got a third, but the server was hitching so bad that it was unplayable. Lost in the very first gunfight.

This game just doesn't want me to have fun playing it.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, it's insane how prominent of a problem it's been for as long as it has.
Moved to my smurf as mentioned in order to try and get my buddy to gold and while it's now giving thirds, the games are laggy/unstable as hell.

The matchmaking and general match quality in this game is over the top awful for the majority of matches, and it's hard to think it isn't "by design".

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
So, downloaded the update, and the lobby is just a black screen for a few seconds before it kicks me out and talks about game logic issues, even after completely restarting the game on PS4 (because the X button doesn't work on the start screen after that). Anybody else having that, lmao

EDIT: Guess restarting the PS4 fixed it.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Started the game two weeks ago and I've already dipped by toes into ranked matches. Still haven't experimented with all of the hero powers, as I've just focused on the default healer (frontline?) class. Though, unfortunately, the prevalence of people who care too much tends show through rage when they are not revived asap when the situation isn't conducive to their revival. So far I've been lucky in encountering that type of behavior in only one game, ranked (expected as much). I'll stick with ranked as much as possible for the extra challenge, sure I'll lose a lot, but I'll have fun doing it.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Gun charms have got to be the dumbest, most pointless cosmetic and I really believe they're just there to further inflate an already packed loot pool. At least let these things be Rare items. No way are these 'Epic' or 'Legendary'.

Oct 31, 2017
Gun charms have got to be the dumbest, most pointless cosmetic and I really believe they're just there to further inflate an already packed loot pool. At least let these things be Rare items. No way are these 'Epic' or 'Legendary'.
Yeah, they suck. They 100% are there to dilute the loot pool, even though there's already tons of trivial things that already do that like the trackers, poses, and banners.

They came into the game right when the people who play and spend alot of time and money on this were really starting to fill out the unlockables.

I definitely think they are lame too.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, they suck. They 100% are there to dilute the loot pool, even though there's already tons of trivial things that already do that like the trackers, poses, and banners.

They came into the game right when the people who play and spend alot of time and money on this were really starting to fill out the unlockables.

I definitely think they are lame too.

I'd much rather get an interesting charm that a banner frame or a tracker or a quip. At least it's something you see during the game.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The sound is even more broken than usual in the new flare mode. I'm just hearing loud noises constantly while not even moving in the map.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
the new mode seems fine, but those flares have been surprisingly easy to avoid so far. I wish they were more frequent and more tenacious. I also kinda wish there was no heat shield, or that they were considerably harder to procure. It'd make things more frantic / dangerous.

Also didn't realize they changed up a part of the map for the LTE. I kept thinking, "Is this new? How have I never seen this area before? Where'd that old area go?"

Any rumors about whether this would be a whole map, or a smaller area? If there's still be the knockdown mechanic, or if it'd be like a more straightforward death match

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
This patch seems extra buggy even by "new update" standards. Huge matchmaking problems, sound issues, firing mode selection not working properly. Bleh. I'll wait a day or two and see how things are later in the week.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Any rumors about whether this would be a whole map, or a smaller area? If there's still be the knockdown mechanic, or if it'd be like a more straightforward death match
They are going to be closed-off Points of Interest on the existing maps (Estates, Caustic Treatment, Sorting Factory, Mirage Voyage, etc.).

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I just played one match on switch and now I can't find another one

Also no way does it feel like a stable 30fps while docked

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I bet Mirage Voyage shows up on Olympus when it comes back. It would be cool if it ended up where the spaceship is currently docked, but that would be a fairly significant map change.

Oct 31, 2017
It's ridiculous how different the game quality is between Ranked and Pubs. Pubs trios today was literally a mess as I mentioned earlier. Just game after game of not getting third players so we moved to Ranked for the rest of the day.

The Ranked games were more intense and squads were definitely closer in relative skill, but we actually got third players to fill our squad consistently which alone made Ranked a more playable experience.

The amount of pub trios matches where I won't get teammates or the teammates I do get are so far below my skill level that I might as well functionally not have teammates is totally unjustifiable IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
It feels pretty rough on the Switch. I went ahead and made a video showing off the training and my first round. You can see just how rough it runs on Switch. I just got done playing it on Series X before playing on Switch so that could be why it was so Jarring for me.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It feels pretty rough on the Switch. I went ahead and made a video showing off the training and my first round. You can see just how rough it runs on Switch. I just got done playing it on Series X before playing on Switch so that could be why it was so Jarring for me.

It legit looks like it's running at 20fps or something. Hopefully they iron it out.