• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Join your team and engage when you are all together. Sometimes you have to wait a minute. Lol

We are together. They just prioritised looting shit whilst getting shot at, and I get focussed after cracking the 2nd guy. My guys haven't fired a single shot at these guys by the time I'm down :k then they fight, get mashed because they have no hp/shields left as they focussed on getting a bunch of small meds from a pill instead of shooting back in the first 7 seconds of the fight lol :'(

Oct 27, 2017
We are together. They just prioritised looting shit whilst getting shot at, and I get focussed after cracking the 2nd guy. My guys haven't fired a single shot at these guys by the time I'm down :k then they fight, get mashed because they have no hp/shields left as they focussed on getting a bunch of small meds from a pill instead of shooting back in the first 7 seconds of the fight lol :'(
I'd run to their opposite side and let them be distractions while I poke at them from an escapable distance. Yeah. If they are together and refuse to engage, unfortunately you don't have teammates, you have dead weight. Lol. I've been running into the opposite where we just land and all I got is a 2020 and a health pack and one teammate wants to turn around and engage 3 squads when there is a clear loot path in the direction we was going. Your situation is frustrating too. I started using them for bait when they don't ever want to engage even when it's necessary. It sucks in ranked because at that point your having to play the hiding game unless you want to eat the points.

Oct 27, 2017
That moment when you have to stop and go to work when IT'S. RIGHT. THERE! 😤 😆
95bac38a-0ef3-4ba3-8b99-74aaaebfbe14-2.png

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Kind of loving the spitfire again, lol. With almost any scope and a mag it turns into a mini turret. Sometimes when I'm in the middle of firing it I'll say to myself "when was the last time I reloaded?"

I think at this point they need to remove a few weapons entirely (L-Star, Mozambique, sentinel) from the loot pool and stop putting the best guns in the crafter. Use that space for something useful like either a permanent backpack upgrade or heat shields.

Oct 27, 2017
Whew. Had 2 early exits in a row that knocked me back 150RP. Wasn't happy when next game I'm the drop leader and both teammates break off to other areas. I loot and while making my way to them they both get knocked. Res'd 1 and they hung around shortly but ran the opposite way and got knocked. I end up making my way to last circle camped in a house. Wait until someone came in. Knocked them. Crawled to center and the last 2 engaged. Jumped them both for the victory and Plat rank. It's those moments that made me fall in love with Apex.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Why the fuck do I get an abandon penalty when my teammate drops solo and lands in the opposite end of the map. Simple logic to add right there: if a player is dropping solo then the teammates shouldn't get a penalty for leaving their stupid ass.

Oct 27, 2017
Does the server select option really do anything? Oregon - 24 players. NY - 24 players. Dallas - 24 players in que. It doesn't matter where I switch to. It's always the same amount in que. Lol.

I also can't believe how bad the matchmaking has been since I went to plat. I'm about to be demoted because every team I've played with since ranking up refuses to stay together, plays super aggressive Solov3s and gets scraped within the first 5 teams. Gold II seemed to be the best in my experience with actually having teammates that understand how the game works.

Last edited:

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Even with the Xbox controller issue fixed, I think I may stick with using my Dual Sense when playing there. I feel like I have a bit more precision than I do with my Series controller and perhaps do a little better? Which is funny because when I play Apex on my PS5, I feel like I do much worse overall despite my Playstation account being significantly lower in level and - one would think - being put in easier lobbies. Maybe my in-game settings or something are different in that version, though.

Oct 27, 2017
Is the replicator issue the one that prevents you from healing?
Pretty sure that's a whole different bug.

Xbox headset issue? I've been wondering if people in crossplay are ignoring me or if there was an issue. Probably both. 😆 There's still alot of game audio that drops during a match like footsteps, opening doors, and such. I take it none of these fixes includes those. 😖 On XsX, I also cannot adjust the chat volume of PlayStation players. It's full volume or mute.

Ricky

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure that's a whole different bug.

Xbox headset issue? I've been wondering if people in crossplay are ignoring me or if there was an issue. Probably both. 😆 There's still alot of game audio that drops during a match like footsteps, opening doors, and such. I take it none of these fixes includes those. 😖 On XsX, I also cannot adjust the chat volume of PlayStation players. It's full volume or mute.
Damn I was playing with my son and he was practically one shot. He couldn't heal at all. He ended knocking himself with a grenade and after I rez'd him, he was then able to heal. Same thing happened to a friend of mine on stream. I told him what we did and he tried it. Sure enough, it worked 😂

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I was playing with my son and he was practically one shot. He couldn't heal at all. He ended knocking himself with a grenade and after I rez'd him, he was then able to heal. Same thing happened to a friend of mine on stream. I told him what we did and he tried it. Sure enough, it worked 😂
Ran into the same thing a couple times. Couldn't heal shields either. Would have to drop and pick up another. I did notice one match it went away. I wonder if I was picked up. 🤔 Thanks for the tip. Sounds like a great work around until it's never fixed. 🙄😆

Oct 27, 2017
I see squads are hard targeting teams that break apart at the drop location in Plats. Trying to get my squad of randoms to stay connected until landing has been impossible and frustrating.

Ricky

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I see squads are hard targeting teams that break apart at the drop location in Plats. Trying to get my squad of randoms to stay connected until landing has been impossible and frustrating.
Are you intentionally solo queuing? I'm on PC and currently a Gold 2. I'd be down to run. I know my brother doesn't really like cross play with PC so I run solo quite a bit.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
30-30 is the perfect companion when you have to solo through ranked cos your randoms fully send into a squad that's got high-ground and longbows lol. Poked the shit out of squads and picked off some stragglers for ez KP and red shield farming. Made it to 2nd place with 1 down and 2 cracked on the last squad. Would have been a win if my lads didn't full-moon it.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
30-30 is the perfect companion when you have to solo through ranked cos your randoms fully send into a squad that's got high-ground and longbows lol. Poked the shit out of squads and picked off some stragglers for ez KP and red shield farming. Made it to 2nd place with 1 down and 2 cracked on the last squad. Would have been a win if my lads didn't full-moon it.
Gotta praise Respawn's audiovisual feel again, the charge up for the 30-30 followed by a headshot and either a shield crack or a knock is just :chefkiss:

That's if your audio is working

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, Apex is pretty stellar when it comes to sound design, but definitely less so when it comes to sound programming.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Seer is almost essential so you can see people before they full sprint into you without making a sound.

Ricky

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
How does Seer's passive work? I used him a few times but it seems like the enemy indicator arrow points all over the place. I don't know where the hell people are actually coming from.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
How does Seer's passive work? I used him a few times but it seems like the enemy indicator arrow points all over the place. I don't know where the hell people are actually coming from.

The passive is looking for heartbeats within 75m of you. Each orange arrow is a different enemy. The louder the heartbeat audio the closer the enemy is. Once the arrow disappears and the circle turns completely orange, that means you're looking right at an enemy. You can do that while also having arrows at the same time

For example you know on the firing range with three dummies, if you put the passive on and aim at the center dummy, you see a completely orange circle for the center dummy you're looking at and then an orange arrow on the right and the left indicating the two dummies on each side.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Last edited:

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I've gone from a .7 K/D at the start of the season - the time when I was complaining about having nothing but preds and masters in my pub lobbies - to currently being at 1.11. Shit's definitely gotten a lot less sweaty for me now that I think people have generally accepted the new ranked setup and/or the matchmaking has taken these shifts into account.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I've gone from a .7 K/D at the start of the season - the time when I was complaining about having nothing but preds and masters in my pub lobbies - to currently being at 1.11. Shit's definitely gotten a lot less sweaty for me now that I think people have generally accepted the new ranked setup and/or the matchmaking has taken these shifts into account.
1.11 crew checking in

Facism

Oct 25, 2017

went from .95 to 1.75.

All i had to do was ignore ranked for the majority of the season.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017

it's enough to know that people are around before they silently ape you

[edit]is there any reason why i keep getting pairs of fucking rookies in my squads, who then cry and cry and cry when they die doing stupid shit?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was right there with y'all at 1.1k/d until I started teetering between Gold 1 & Plat 4. I'm on my 3rd time at Plat in less than 48 hours. 😆 I suppose it's leveling out to where I'm supposed to be. It's just funny how strikingly different matchmaking and games are from Gold 1 to Plat 4. Basically playing my best Apex in Gold 1 to the point I made it back in 3-4 games this last Plat run and get to Plat 4 and can't do anything, get demoted, repeat. It's now my life until next season. 😆

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Bangalore's prestige skin is legit this time, way better than Bloodhound's, and that finisher is amazing.

Also stoked for Armed and Dangerous, I've always loved that mode and it's been a long-ass time.
Yeah that LTM was always a good time. Looking forward to it.

The Revenant skin is so cool too. I'll just hope for that one in a future apex pack though. I like these events that just add stuff to the loot pool.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Don't really think K/D is relevant in a BR game. Way too many variables.

I think it's useful if you're comparing across seasons. Like, the .70 K/D I had at the start of this season definitely reflected the experiences I was having compared to the previous season where the K/D was much higher. I definitely get that my K/D in a game like Apex will be different than it will be in, say, a TDM-style game with loadouts.

I'm content with a 1 K/D in a game like Apex in part because I know how RNG-driven things can be, especially as a solo queue player.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really sure why I seem to be doing better stat wise this season when it feels extra sweaty but I'm at 2.4 in pubs and 3.0 in ranked, usually around ~1.8-2 normally.

I feel like I get dumpstered in pubs though. I was sub 1.0 at the start of this season and genuinely not sure how I recovered it.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
KDR can be fun to look at and see the differences between seasons, but SBMM, solo-queueing versus playing in a squad, and how much you play ranked can have such a huge effect on it. It really makes it completely pointless.

My matches are filled with masters and pred players and my 2 friends that regularly play tell me they never see them in theirs. I do so much better when I play with those friends because of the matchmaking and the added bonus of being in a squad with people I can talk to and coordinate with.

The first 400ish games of this season, I was just playing with them and had a 2.0 KDR and 12% win rate. For the past 3-4 weeks I've mostly just solo queued because of our schedules no longer lining up and both stats have plummeted lol. I'm at 8% and 1.37 now.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Last night I had one of those "every jumpmaster just falls randomly into Fragment" and "everyone just breaks up and falls into Fragment" ranked nights. Fuck those people that don't respect jumpmasters specially. Like what do they expect to happen? magically beat 10 teams 2 v 3 or 1 v 3?