• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
It's not about the other players; it's about the loot. My friends and I drop the blue zone whenever it's not a huge hassle because that's where the loot is. You either win a fight and walk away with great loot (and often a gold weapon), or you die quickly and try again. This is far, far superior, to our minds, than scavenging in the middle of the map for 20 minutes and then getting rolled by the squads that already have the good stuff and have their adrenaline pumping.

Also, the only way to get better at hot dropping and rush firefights is to be in a lot of them.

Yeah this is the reason why we usually drop to those areas. You either come out with great loot or you die and start new game.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
On PS4 my audio drops every time a bullet is fired when using my TV speakers. I have to use a headset.

I've heard it's a problem with Sony Bravia TVs, if that's what you have?
Nope. LG tv here. Just using a headset. But I unplugged the head set and tried with soundbar. Nothing. Zero audio for the game. No menu music, sound effects, nothing. Back out to home and it's fine.

LuckyLactose

Mar 28, 2018
Where/how do I report bugs? Is there some sort of official channel for it?
Encountered a nasty bug yesterday where, after being revived, I was stuck at max speed = crawl.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
New to Wraith and I'm loving her. How do you set the exit direction of a portal? Was trying to do the cliff throw thing to the last 3 guys and they fell for the trap but they didn't fall off :( :( :(

They still got destroyed by me and the other random I was with though.

edit-
watching the replay it kinda seems they came facing the right direction but they realized quickly what was going on and didn't walk forward upon exiting, I wonder if there a way to put it up so they just fall straight off

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Because I don't have the patience to deal with a lot of the shitty teammates.

If I die in a battle and you loot me, I quit.
If I die in a battle and you loot every single box before you spawn me and the beacon is near by, I quit.
Yesterday I had no health and requested health. I watched my teammate pick up a medkit and run off. I requested again and he didn't drop so I quit

Tbh, numerous instances like the third one will cause me to quit.

I honestly don't care if it's a nice thing to do. It's a video game and I'll quit if I want to.
lol yikes

#foreveralone

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting lately mostly clueless players or some salty lone woolfs.

Ping me up on origin, I dont have a mic but pretty good with pinging.

or is there some hang around?

Origin: MAXkz12

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017

If I die in a battle and you loot every single box before you spawn me and the beacon is near by, I quit.
Yesterday I had no health and requested health. I watched my teammate pick up a medkit and run off. I requested again and he didn't drop so I quit

I honestly don't care if it's a nice thing to do. It's a video game and I'll quit if I want to.
You quit if they loot you? Can a teammate even tell if it's your box after they've grabbed your respawn tag? That happens to me all the time and I've thought nothing of it. Especially because a respawn point is not necessarily right next to your box, so you might not even go back to that area.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You quit if they loot you? Can a teammate even tell if it's your box after they've grabbed your respawn tag? That happens to me all the time and I've thought nothing of it. Especially because a respawn point is not necessarily right next to your box, so you might not even go back to that area.
Yes, it has your name and picture on the box. But yea, I only mean if a beacon is nearby

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
When should I be using Mirage's ult? I've gotten pretty good at using his regular ability but I never know when to best use his ult.

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
lol yikes

#foreveralone

To be fair there are some A holes roming as 2.

I got paired up with 2 foreigners who had broken english but defenetly comunicated with each other. We drop we fight me and another got killed while 3rd finished the job. But instead of respawning us (respawn spot was literally 15 meters away) he spends 5 minuts looting deadboxes including mine, I type him to respawn us but both of them giglle while saying something in foreign and with gigle he tells me "sorry I'm a bit overwhlemed" and I dropped where nothing left for me and see in the distance that they exchange with each other weapons.

Ofcourse I died seconds later and both of them continued to gigle

Oct 27, 2017
So many times i've had footsteps completely disappear on me in crucial close range fights.. what's up with that? They are fine from a distance but up close , nothing.

Seriously confusing and i've lost so many fights because of it

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
To be fair there are some A holes roming as 2.

I got paired up with 2 foreigners who had broken english but defenetly comunicated with each other. We drop we fight me and another got killed while 3rd finished the job. But instead of respawning us (respawn spot was literally 15 meters away) he spends 5 minuts looting deadboxes including mine, I type him to respawn us but both of them giglle while saying something in foreign and with gigle he tells me "sorry I'm a bit overwhlemed" and I dropped where nothing left for me and see in the distance that they exchange with each other weapons.

Ofcourse I died seconds later and both of them continued to gigle

So if the loot boxes were only 15 meters away go back and get weapons? No big deal he can only carry 2 total and dropped one for a teammate. Should be plenty left. I don't see an issue if he got your banner.

Sometimes you need loot to replenish your shield and health before casually rolling up to a respawn beacon. They are targets especially after called in.

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously, what is with people quitting right as you are about to respawn them? Had another match where I recover someone, mark that I'm heading to the respawn beacon, get there and get halfway through respawning.... and they quit.

Did have a match later where I respawned two teammates at once and we made it to the final 3 squads.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017

So much superiority on display to defend actions that happen from inferiority. That's absolutely delicious from an irony standpoint.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't checked in on this thread in awhile but just wanted to share how much I've been really loving this game. For the first time in forever I've been playing with a dedicated party, usually a couple rounds a day and we've been having a blast. I've had about 5-6 wins so far which is huge for me as I had put about 100 hours into Battlegrounds and about 100 hours into Fortnite and never managed to get a win out of either of them playing solo. I'm truly in love with Pathfinder, I feel like objectively speaking he isn't the strongest pick in the game but the ziplines and grappling hook can lead to so many interesting encounters it's just been so pleasurable to play as.

The loot table is pretty awful though. I've been eyeing the different packs for purchase because I'm ready to show this game my support but I think I'm going to hold off until March and see what the future brings.

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
So if the loot boxes were only 15 meters away go back and get weapons? No big deal he can only carry 2 total and dropped one for a teammate. Should be plenty left. I don't see an issue if he got your banner.

Sometimes you need loot to replenish your shield and health before casually rolling up to a respawn beacon. They are targets especially after called in.
Yeah no big deal , unless he took all ammo (including mine) for himslef and only shared with his friend

Not to mention he stole my lv3 eqipments

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Good job with the poor interpretation and not making sense. Bravo

Inferiority is there term he used and most of your post was taking about dying. You may have been inferior. Instead of fighting back on a respawn you just quit. Making your fight even more inferior.

So many victories possibly misses cause someone went into your loot box. They may have not even looted you and if they did it's not hard to get re-looted from a death box you stumble upon.

I ran around with half health for 10 minutes in a match last night and revived and respawned the team around four times. They didn't drop health but we eventually stumbled across stuff. No big deal and it made the match a challenge. I think we got top 3 in that one.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When should I be using Mirage's ult? I've gotten pretty good at using his regular ability but I never know when to best use his ult.

When I feel like I'm about to get overwhelmed I pop it and reposition, sometimes I use it to flank as you have increased running speed.

Overall its pretty weak IMO cause you're very easy to spot while cloaked and the decoys just stand still.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Ia2TjJN.png

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
It was a way of saying beggars can't be choosers. You feel entitled to be rezzed? Stop dying in the first place. The worst type of teammate is the one that does nothing but ask for shit all game. "I need a rez! I need heals! I need ammo! Wait why aren't you accommodating ME???" You sound awful to play with. If you can't get by in this game without the hand holding of teammates than stop playing and quitting half way through like an entitled brat.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on a hot streak of getting smgs never getting an extended clip and dying a lot, also team mates landing before me and hoovering up all the loot so I'm left with a Mozambique with no reserve ammo.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Was worried I might struggle after a week on holiday but back in the groove. This was a great match, like it when we share the kills out.

q4SD8Ks.jpg

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Some general tips:

- Don't drop straight down. Fastest way is to drop down a little bit and pull up and keep doing it. You have glide meter on left side of screen.
- Try to drop areas with high tier loot or with lots of people. That's how you learn to loot fast and shoot and just generally play. Don't avoid fights.

100% disagree with both points.

- Sometimes dropping straight down is the answer to get into fast loot, specially if the dropship goes over a high loot area at the start.
- Places with lots of people are not a good place to drop since you have to react fast if other team comes from behind and cleans you if you start a fight, the best play is dropping in an area with only 1-2 teams so you have control of the situation.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I jumped into this for the first time yesterday. After taking a bit of a drubbing to begin with, I managed a couple of second place finishes before we got obliterated by the winning teams. The gunplay feels good and I like the map. Random team mates were a mixed bag as you'd expect but it wasn't too bad. I don't tend to stick with multiplayer games for too long but it would be nice to get a win before I move on.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
RE: Wraith being worthless, I dunno, we played a good handful of games with two friends and one of them did super well with Wraith's ulti. Lots of solid escapes thanks to him.

I moved back to Pathfinder and yeah, I'll definitely stick with him. Both the hook and the zip line are super fucking good.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
lol yikes

#foreveralone

So let me get this right you don't like what this guy has to say about bad teammates and your only rebuttal is the stupid unoriginal yikes and insulting him calling him forever alone?

Why is this allowed in the first place? what does responding with yikes like a prick add to this thread. Dude gave valid reason and you just insult him with a drive by post.

Yikes
#foreveralone

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I saw this on a loading screen tooltip yesterday and now Caustic's seemingly overpowered gas traps are a total joke.

You can throw them at the 90 degree angles where walls and floors meet, and the destructible bit clips through, making them indestructible again. Probably get patched at some point but I've been liberally abusing it for laughs. Also, you can still toss them through walls at angles, while running.

Also, they can't be destroyed after activation. A smart Caustic will area-deny with them ahead of time instead of expecting people to walk into them.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
I admit I still have no idea how exactly Wraith's passive actually works. Makes me feel stupid.

Currently liking Mirage and Pathfinder the most. Mirage is just a fun dude, even if his abilities are kinda eh, compared to what others offer.

Pathfinder, I'm someone who believes every game needs grappling hook, no matter the genre. Grappling hooks make everything better.

Hate how the tank/defense characters move. It's the same speed and all, just feels terrible.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand

Like, I hear you about prerogative etc, but I always hang in there myself - I see others looting the box before rezzing me as a good thing mostly, gives them more health/shields for the journey to rez me, and I'm normally grateful they aren't those "oh fuck that guy, let his rez run out" types.

I figure it's my dumb fault for dying in the first place, I'm normally just happy to be beacon rezzed at all lol.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
I admit I still have no idea how exactly Wraith's passive actually works. Makes me feel stupid.

Currently liking Mirage and Pathfinder the most. Mirage is just a fun dude, even if his abilities are kinda eh, compared to what others offer.

Pathfinder, I'm someone who believes every game needs grappling hook, no matter the genre. Grappling hooks make everything better.

Hate how the tank/defense characters move. It's the same speed and all, just feels terrible.

She will give you audible queues if you get spotted by an enemy, if someone is aiming at you, and I think if enemies are near by.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
I just carried a team all the way down to the bottom 3rd of the match because one of my teammates went and stood in a corner by some rocks unresponsive. I finally got taken out. Guy comes back after ten minutes and says and I quote "sorry brah's, had to take a shit".
Great game

FeD

Oct 25, 2017

Mirage's tactical ability is one of the strongest in the game though. For me that ability makes up for the 2 other slightly less useful ability/passive.

Still the passive saved me a lot of times. The ult can be awkward though. I wish the clones would do something. Right now I find it better to activate where the enemy doesn't see it and use it to reposition myself for a good angle.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I saw this on a loading screen tooltip yesterday and now Caustic's seemingly overpowered gas traps are a total joke.
Seemingly overpowered is being incredibly generous to caustic. People starting to figure out you can destroy his traps makes it more like the weakest character getting weaker.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seemingly overpowered is being incredibly generous to caustic. People starting to figure out you can destroy his traps makes it more like the weakest character getting weaker.

They're useful for area denial and retreats in a confined space; for example, if you're trying to flee down a hallway, you can drop some traps behind you to deter the enemy from following. Or at least, they would be useful if the enemy couldn't just immediately deactivate them with a single gunshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.