• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
took 30hrs n 27mins but i finally got my first win!
with my first game as Caustic (who i just unlocked with the 12,000 legend tokens.)

hiding in a room full of gas at the end with a mastiff...apparently was the winning formula i needed.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People have seen the light. Watching that man click heads in FPS games is nothing short of amazing.
And the best part is hes not a complete shithead like a lot of other streamers on top of it. PLus the games he streams have always appealed to me a lot more. So happy to have a BR game that isn't dependent on building platforms thats gained mass appeal.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
You get a pack every 2nd level from that point. Still get the 600 red creds every level.

Well that's fucking disappointing, why change it up? It already takes you longer to hit a lv at that point, taking away something that you become accustomed to getting at each lv just isn't good design imo, it's like making the players feel like you aren't rewarding them anymore and want to nickel and dime them at that point.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
We hadn't won a single match yet until yesterday, but today my brother and I won 4 matches out of the 10 we played.

The game has finally clicked with me. It's so good.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Playing with randoms is mostly miserable, for some reason there is ALWAYS that one guy that runs off and doesn't stick with the group at all.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Two separate games where my teammates quit at the very start for no reason.

Worst part is, I got second on the second game and all I needed was a 1v2.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Game needs to put people matching solo under level 10 into their own matchmaking kiddie pool. I'm over babysitting.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I had a caustic that tried to hide in a room full of gas and just wait. I just ran in with a G7 and killed him. He must've been almost dead, because I only shot him once.

Nice try, Caustic.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Is anyone else having disconnect or errors frequently happening to them? Often times the match will start for me/my friends will get left in the lobby or vice versa or two of us will go in with one left out.

Also had the worst possible disconnect. Almost won my very first match with a buddy, it ended up being the two of us vs one guy and we had the high ground while he was stuck under the rocks. I tried throwing my grenades and...disconnect. my buddy was able to get the win but I got absolutely nothing.

Oct 27, 2017
TFW you get into the top 3 and you can't find good armor to save your life and then you lose the last 1v1 because you're wearing more white than a bride on their wedding day. Feels bad man.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's fucking disappointing, why change it up? It already takes you longer to hit a lv at that point, taking away something that you become accustomed to getting at each lv just isn't good design imo, it's like making the players feel like you aren't rewarding them anymore and want to nickel and dime them at that point.

They do want to nickel and dime you... it's a F2P game.

Hell, it's downright generous in comparison to Fortnite.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Man, someone at Respawn reeeeeeaally likes the word 'bamboozle', huh?

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha, finally installed this on PC. Played with two random people, they each got guns then left me to die without any, told me to "shut the fuck up" when I tagged the squad that down me. Ah well. What can you do?

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
Had a fantastic night tonight, three wins -- one where I was completely carried, and another where I unlocked Caustic and then guided two newbies to the win on the first time playing, catching the last player in a perfect pincer movement where I took them down with a point-blank Peacekeeper blast from behind.

But between those two, I had the greatest of cowardly wins:

My squad got caught between two teams on the river, my partners were eliminated, and I was stuck underneath one of the boardwalks trying to get shots offs at my attackers before I started eating grenades. So I did what a true hero would do in this situation-- I abandoned my squadmates to their fate and, with only a sliver of health left, ran to the zipline balloon and then jetted to the far end of the river under fire and ran to the next circle. Finding an isolated care package, I opened it to find a Krauber. The circle was closing around the Relay, so I booked it to the area and then hid in the farthest building. As the circle closed the remaining teams were duking it out across the chasm while I took opportunist potshots. As the final circle pushed one of the teams out of their building across the bridge, I snuck in sideways on the remaining defender unnoticed, assassinated them with my last Krauber bullet, looted a fully kitted legendary carbine from their box, and used it to mow down the remaining attacker to take the solo win for myself.

So remember friends -- chaos is a ladder, and honor is for those too cowardly to win!

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha, finally installed this on PC. Played with two random people, they each got guns then left me to die without any, told me to "shut the fuck up" when I tagged the squad that down me. Ah well. What can you do?

Not much you can do, that's just how online games are. Queue with friends or acquaintances I guess.
Id offer to team with you but we're oceanic region and im assuming thats not an option, and also id wager our region is even more vitriolic.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Well I got a win with some randoms...

Well, random. One dude did literally nothing so it was essentially 2 of us the whole time.

I do like how these matches feel like you can win way more than most other BRs since there are less players.

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well yesterday I had a group tell me not to kill the other group that landed with us. They proceeded to all get weapons and once the coast was clear of other teams in the area, they waxed me...and trotted off together.

There are a lot of pricks playing this game already, between the quitting and lack of team playing. I only end up with a group that will actually play together about 50% of the time and that number is trending down.

But when a group clicks..man this game is goooood!

Seregil

Oct 25, 2017
Despite getting several wins today, I still feel like I'm terrible at the game. My only successful strategy seems to be to hope to get a spitfire with some kind of extended magazine so that when I encounter someone I can dump every round I have at them and just barely kill them before I run out of ammo. Bonus if I manage to stumble upon them unaware so maybe I can hit them once before they turn around and smoke me with a shotgun or whatever weapon they have.

Oct 26, 2017
Played for the first time today...

It's actually really really really good! Wow. Granted I play mp games exclusively with friends so that makes the experience really smooth. I'll never solo queue this game

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017

If it makes you feel any better, I joined a random team and I had first pick of a character. Since I normally play Lifeline, my cursor was already on her. One of the teammates asked if he could be Lifeline, so instead I started going through the other characters and trying to pick another one. Right when I clicked on different character, the timer ran out and the game auto-picked Lifeline.

This dude went full-blown crazy on me over the microphone, calling me every name in the book and insulting me over my kill count for Lifeline (I hate how they show that, btw). It was honestly an accident and I just said fuck it and exited out of the game so I wouldn't have to listen to his shit.

Gotta love online gaming!

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
apex_legends_road_map_battle_pass.jpg

Roadmap shows we get a new Legend, Weapons, Loot and a Battlepass per season. First season is next month so not that long.
not seeing any new maps

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They do want to nickel and dime you... it's a F2P game.

Hell, it's downright generous in comparison to Fortnite.

I think they're both outrageously priced in microtransactions. In Apex there's these week special skins that are like 1800 gold credits, and it's $10 for 1000. Needing to spend $20 for a skin isn't in any stratosphere of generous, and roughly in line with Fortnite prices, though Fortnite character skins are far more unique. It's actually pretty shocking and outrageous that those are the kinds prices, and the things being most widely advertised on their store page.

Likewise $10 for 10 Apex packs that only give you a chance to get some crafting materials, when it takes 1200 crafting materials to craft an exotic weapon skin, or banner, look, pose etc is also pretty brazen.

Last edited:

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Lately every match the jumpmaster jumps right into the thick of things. So I'm struggling just to find a fucking gun.

I'm done with this thread. People complaining about teaming with low level players or only having several wins kinda pisses me off. I have enough asshats in game yelling at me:)

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I've found a couple guns I really enjoy.

Both the R-201 Carbine and R-97 are pretty good. I wish they didn't do the Alternator so dirty because that thing was a monster in Titanfall 2. I don't think the Flatline is as good either. I think the Spitfire is a great heavy weapon. Prowler is only good if you have the selector on it.

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Despite getting several wins today, I still feel like I'm terrible at the game. My only successful strategy seems to be to hope to get a spitfire with some kind of extended magazine so that when I encounter someone I can dump every round I have at them and just barely kill them before I run out of ammo. Bonus if I manage to stumble upon them unaware so maybe I can hit them once before they turn around and smoke me with a shotgun or whatever weapon they have.
That's a viable strat at the moment, Spitfire and R99 with magazine extensions/stability barrels are the melt brothers. Run this all the time.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I don't care about cosmetics in games like these. Cosmetics don't mean shit if you don't win. You can be rainbow colored all you want to, but that ain't gonna save you from me and my Spitfire.

L.E.D.

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 users, you get the 'application will suspend in 15 mins due licensing' or something weird liek that?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Second time today that I run behind cover but thanks to the tickrate the enemy still manages to kill me as he still sees me as if I haven't turned the corner yet. Annoying.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Well yesterday I had a group tell me not to kill the other group that landed with us. They proceeded to all get weapons and once the coast was clear of other teams in the area, they waxed me...and trotted off together.

There are a lot of pricks playing this game already, between the quitting and lack of team playing. I only end up with a group that will actually play together about 50% of the time and that number is trending down.

But when a group clicks..man this game is goooood!

Ah, so those dipshits are finally starting to migrate from Blackout. I was wondering why I hadn't been team killed once yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.