• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
YouTubers will constantly find stuff to complain about as it relates to Apex and more so EA. Apex doing well is bad because it means EA is doing good.

Respawn completely kneecapped toxic gaming YouTubers who would have made dozens of videos about how Apex will be destined to fail by not having a pre-release marketing campaign. Some YouTubers will even acknowledge that the lack of a prerelease marketing campaign was a good decision, but these same YouTubers don't recognize that it was a good decision because people like them would have found a way to get capital-G Gamers up in arms about a new BR with lootboxes.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Dumbest thing I've done and fixed so far: I've been playing a lot of Lifeline but it didn't occur to me until recently to watch my squadmates' health. I totally walked past a Gilbraltar with critical health, just minding my own business and looking for ammo, until my buddy on the couch was like "hey you should probably heal that dude" and I was like "what dude." It took me a good five seconds to figure out what he meant and sheepishly walk back into the hut to drop my heal bot. Game needs a "sorry I fucked up but I'm helping now!" ping.

Dumbest thing I've seen someone else do: two of us get downed by another team right after the jump. The third player is a Caustic who decides not to go anywhere near our banners, instead meticulously planting gas canisters all over the area we landed in, well outside the ring. Our respawn banners time out, they never find the other players who killed us, and they end up dying after making an overly cautious approach to some area, getting shot from behind and firing in the opposite direction of the shooter. Couldn't even be mad, I was watching the whole time because I was trying to figure out if I was secretly shadowing a mad genius or not.

I always choke so hard when there's one squad left. Plenty of #2s but still no W. I feel like I've been playing to long to still not have one under my belt.

Every single win I've had (all three of them, lol) have completely snuck up on me. Like, I had no idea how many squads were left until the CHAMPION banner came up. I highly recommend not knowing how many squads are left!

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
The squad thing made me wary initially, but I'm really enjoying this. Currently maining lifeline, but I probably need to learn at least one other character.

How do I get better at this game?

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every single win I've had (all three of them, lol) have completely snuck up on me. Like, I had no idea how many squads were left until the CHAMPION banner came up. I highly recommend not knowing how many squads are left!
this is the truth

if i am aware of the standoff, 90% of the time im gonna throw the game.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
The squad thing made me wary initially, but I'm really enjoying this. Currently maining lifeline, but I probably need to learn at least one other character.

How do I get better at this game?

Honestly, just play! At first I had zero clue of what I was doing but over time you learn what all the loot does and which guns work for you. Also, I find that sticking around to watch your squad after you've died and lost your respawn banner can really help for learning other characters. I have a much better sense of how to use Bloodhound, for example, because I watched a squadmate use that character's toolkit through their eyes and thus got a sense of what they were trying to accomplish.

Rojo

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to get a link to the discord? I'm also looking for people to play with on PC if anyone is interested. Would appreciate anyone willing to put up with my lack of skill while I learn to play the game.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Is there a setting for being jumpmaster? Because I literally get put as the jumpmaster like 90% of the games I play, it's annoying as hell always having to pick where to jump.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a match where NO ONE was using voice and we got like 3rd place. We were able to communicate so clearly it was second nature. This game is soooo good.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how great this game is. I'm a huge Titanfall 2 fan and played that a lot but when I heard the rumors of a surprise BR from Respawn I didn't have high hopes. They really delivered an excellent experience though.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess these games just aren't for me. I did 3 matches and they consisted of me dying in about 4 minutes and then just sitting there for 15 minutes for the match to end.
Watching other people play is just not fun. That's 75% of the game to me.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Friend showed me a picture of Wraith and Speed-o'-Sound Sonic side by side, how did I not notice that lol.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
I guess these games just aren't for me. I did 3 matches and they consisted of me dying in about 4 minutes and then just sitting there for 15 minutes for the match to end.
That's to be expected if you're not much of a battle royale player. If your downed and your teammates don't grab your banner before the timer is up you should just leave and start a new match. No point watching teammates that won't respawn you.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
Won't that take away your xp points?

Like the other person said if your respawn timer expires just leave. Won't lose anything if you leave at that point.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Learn context or stop posting.

I don't screw over my teammates in game like you do. I was literally talking about jerks who go off on their own with no regard for the team. Like you.

you are being so toxic and hostile bro all because I said I sometimes I don't revive teammates if they are not helping me out. talk about loosing all context you do understand what sometimes means right? i'm sure you do yet you continue to be hostile for not reason when I have been totally civil. I make one comment you don't like and you attack me and make dumb comments like this one. you keep calling people names and inferring that im some toxic player because I said i was frustrated with teammates who are in parties together playing for themselves.

this games needs a solo mode because it can be frustrating playing with random people of varying skill levels who also have no mics. I have been playing for 3 hours today and I have had one person in the lobby with a mic. they never coordinate pushes you cant ping someone and say they have 20 health and to push them to secure the kill. the game doesn't even notify your teammates when peoples shields are popped the ping system is great but its not perfect and doesn't replace game chat.

It's like I personally offended you when I said its frustrating to play with people who don't communicate if so i'm sorry others in the thread also feel the same way its not just me.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Gonna say it's nice playing a game where snipers aren't hyper viable. Supplimentery sure but sitting back and sniping makes you a liability more then anything else. Not like games like Battlefield or I where everybody and their grandma is trying to snipe

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got paired with a level 22 and a level 1. The level 22 dies immediately. I killed the entire enemy squad, collected his banner, and regrouped with the rookie. On the way to the respawn beacon the level 22 disconnects. We went on without him making it to the final 2 squads and almost winning. The rookie even turned out to be pretty useful with some guidance.

TLDR: Fuck people that just disconnect right away.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I suggest everyone who wants to become better at winning gun fights on console to switch to bumper jumper controls. Dodging shots is as important as landing them

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Woo hoo! Won my first match! I don't like BR in general, but Apex is a lot of fun, the squad combat as well as the Overwatch like characters (powers, etc) has won me over!

Spectate mode is awful though at least for my connection. It's choppy and you can't change the camera any.

Status
Not open for further replies.