• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Hey folks, I can access the Origin Store and open up Apex Legends but my friends list won't load and I appear offline to my friends. Any clue what the issue may be?

Copying my question from earlier since it got buried fast:

I've played with my roommates since it came out and didn't have any issues until today. Don't know if it is related to your question, but only one of us can connect right now.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
with revives+abilities, it seems like the skill gap for this game will increase exponentially.

people who 1) know what they are doing as individuals 2) know their class makeup and have good synergy and 3) know how to work as a team will pretty much always come out on top in a game. I think lirik+shorty+seagull had a 7 win-streak yesterday.

radian8

Oct 25, 2017
This game is absolutely brilliant.
Had the funniest round last night on xbox, someone dropped out straight away so it was a duo team and it was a 8 year old kiwi kid and it was his first time playing it. He died almost within 2 minutes of the start and was like, "I'm so sorry I really suck, i'm really sorry", I said to him "It's all good dude you don't suck, anyway I got you". I ran through 2 groups having a massive fire fight to get his 'card' and then ran to a respawn pod where there was someone about to revive his team, took him out and revived the kid and gave him one of my guns. He was in absolute raptures hahaha! The rest of the game he was, "OMG thank you so much for helping out and showing how cool this game is"
In the end, he had to leave as his mum said it was time for bed. So it was me single and went on to get 2nd which I was pretty happy with.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Hey folks, I can access the Origin Store and open up Apex Legends but my friends list won't load and I appear offline to my friends. Any clue what the issue may be?

I've played with my roommates since it came out and didn't have any issues until today. Don't know if it is related to your question, but only one of us can connect right now.

Same issue, I can't get online right now.

Jan 4, 2018
Which characters and weapons are you guys preferring so far?

Character-wise I'm playing a lot of Bangalore. Love the cover that smoke grenades provide and while I haven't gotten a kill with her ult, I find it to be a great area deterrent as well as a great pressure mechanic towards the end of the match when the ring is extremely localized.

However, I think overall Pathfinder is the best legend because the grapple hook adds such a versatile movement mechanic that nobody else comes close to. His maneuvers are unparalleled, and Zipline allows a team to traverse areas so quickly and do things like snipe down at a group of enemies, zipline down to take their gear, and then zipline back up to high ground in a matter of seconds. And if that wasn't enough, the absolute madbot can stay ahead of the curve with pre-emptive information about the next ring location!

Bloodhound is also an excellent pick, imo. The awareness that they provide is almost essential. Plus their design is sick, I mean come on.

Weapon-wise, my favorite picks are the G7 Scout, the Spitfire LMG, the Peacekeeper, and the Triple Take.
Love using the Triple Take as a mid-range shotgun rather than a sniper rifle. I don't even bother using a Precision Choke or higher than 3x sight for it.

Scout is just a very forgiving long range weapon that can, at the very least, pressure enemies into hiding unless they also have a sniper rifle.

Peacekeeper is my ideal weapon to pick up at the start of a match if I land against another squad because it deletes anyone trying to punch you.

Spitfire is mean in tight areas where an entire squad is funneling in like a hallway, door, or ravine.

Slixshot

Oct 27, 2017

Character-wise I'm playing a lot of Bangalore. Love the cover that smoke grenades provide and while I haven't gotten a kill with her ult, I find it to be a great area deterrent as well as a great pressure mechanic towards the end of the match when the ring is extremely localized.

However, I think overall Pathfinder is the best legend because the grapple hook adds such a versatile movement mechanic that nobody else comes close to. His maneuvers are unparalleled, and Zipline allows a team to traverse areas so quickly and do things like snipe down at a group of enemies, zipline down to take their gear, and then zipline back up to high ground in a matter of seconds. And if that wasn't enough, the absolute madbot can stay ahead of the curve with pre-emptive information about the next ring location!

Bloodhound is also an excellent pick, imo. The awareness that they provide is almost essential. Plus their design is sick, I mean come on.

Weapon-wise, my favorite picks are the G7 Scout, the Spitfire LMG, the Peacekeeper, and the Triple Take.
Love using the Triple Take as a mid-range shotgun rather than a sniper rifle. I don't even bother using a Precision Choke or higher than 3x sight for it.

Scout is just a very forgiving long range weapon that can, at the very least, pressure enemies into hiding unless they also have a sniper rifle.

Peacekeeper is my ideal weapon to pick up at the start of a match if I land against another squad because it deletes anyone trying to punch you.

Spitfire is mean in tight areas where an entire squad is funneling in like a hallway, door, or ravine.

Pathfinder all day solely for his undying optimism.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Really not a fan of how sparse some locations can be for loot. Like, we'll land, and then there's just nothing. A pistol here, a helmet there, and maybe a helmet, if I'm lucky.

Named locations should not be so barren.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017

I know the quality is a little degraded but it's fairly impossible to see that last person he's firing at.

And that's something I've run into a lot myself, you just can't see what the hell is happening with some of these scopes.

Even Bloodhound's sight ability works against you sometimes, like I had a person get marked with the red last seen position and then move back into it and I couldn't see shit.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
It's the best sub but still requires a lot of reload. If your not hitting headshots it's difficult to use against max shields.

Disagree on it being the best sub, the Prowler is godly once you get the Select Fire on it and set it to Auto. With attachments it has 35 bullets, no recoil, and a very high fire rate. Thing is nutty. I've been 1v2/1v3ing people with it constantly and I'm not Shroud good.

...it needs that select fire tho, thing is garbo without it.

Updated damage chart with attachments shows it's the lowest TTK in the whole game too :3 https://i.redd.it/xtn8jwdcg7f21.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2nd victory of the day, on a good run today despite the randoms. Key moment of the match was an epic 3v3 battle at the middle of the match reducing to a 1v1, while the enemy healed and such I managed to revive both my teammates. Got killed to pull it off but after that they saved me. We didn't die after that, dominated all the way. What a game this is.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My game has crashed the last 3 times I've tried to get into a game :/

Not sure what platform you're on, but trying to play last night on the PS4 Pro and I got 3 back-to-back crashes. I assume the missing players in the character selection screen/loading into game are because their game simply crashes.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Really not a fan of how sparse some locations can be for loot. Like, we'll land, and then there's just nothing. A pistol here, a helmet there, and maybe a helmet, if I'm lucky.

Named locations should not be so barren.

Two helmets? Now that's luck!

But yeah, there have been a couple of occasions where there's barely any guns anywhere. It hasn't been frequent enough to be a problem, but maybe they should tweak spawning a bit.

Even Bloodhound's sight ability works against you sometimes, like I had a person get marked with the red last seen position and then move back into it and I couldn't see shit.

Yeah, this exactly happened to me a couple of matches ago. 1v1 against someone around some rocks, marked them with sight, went around the corner and could barely tell where the guy was actually standing thanks to the glowing red outlines.

Another big one is revive/recover markers. They've a handful of times completely hidden an enemy, which has been incredibly frustrating.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
My game has crashed the last 3 times I've tried to get into a game :/
I was able to play for a few hours last night without crashing after editing the registry to adjust the Timeout Detection Recovery, but it could have just been a coincidence.

regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers -> New "D-WORD (32-bit)", name it "TdrDelay" and set a Decimal value of 10 (or higher)

No guarantees, but it's the most common troubleshooting fix of the TDR messages that were introduced in Windows Vista to prevent BSODs.

Oct 27, 2017
The only downside to Pathfinder imo is his passive ability. Like why do I need to know where the next ring is? You can predict that without an ability.

It should be changed to something else.

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
If anyone wants to squad up for maybe 3 matches in a few on PS4 add me ! V0id-pl0t-

Best lifeline you'll have :P lol

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect it for a while but...

I would love a smaller scale, TDM or Objective style competetive match with the heroes. It would give people a chance to practice heroes and weapons. To help not take away from the BR population, I would make it so that mode doesn't give you any apex packs or loot.

3 v 3, 4 v 4, 6v6, on enclosed maps.

Bonus points if you make new maps in the War Games virtual reality art style from the main game

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017

However, I think overall Pathfinder is the best legend because the grapple hook adds such a versatile movement mechanic that nobody else comes close to.

Right there with you. Pathfinder is my number 1 pick with Wraith coming in second.

Pathfinder's grapple got me a ton of awesome kills last night due to grappling up to unsuspecting enemies. So good.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so the flying kick is amazing.

I still hate the time it takes to get into spectator mode, the apex logo animation takes waaay to long to even start. At least let me look around my character like I was doing till that point.

Last edited:

MrJohnSherry

Jan 4, 2018
Finally got my first win! Felt so bloody good! Team mate went down in the middle of us, they were on one side, us on the other. I ran around, picked up his banner and went to res him. Noticed I was know on their side, behind them, me and the dude I just res'd run up on them from behind and just caused mayhem, dropping two of them instantly allowing a 3 way pincer on the final guy! With randoms too! Just bought the founders pack because I felt guilty not giving the developers any money. Keep up the good work guys - the first BR game to actually grip me.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
Had my very first victory tonight. Was going with Pathfinder and was pretty bad, but our teamwork was pretty good. The last 5 minutes were intense af.

I kinda like Pathfinder. His grapple makes him able to quickly close distance to the enemy and his zipline can be a pretty good escape tool for the entire team if we're ambushed and shit hits the fan. I'm loving this game so far.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this game is crashing left and right on ps4. I hope people don't think I'm leaving the match.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Third game. Got my first victory. Zero kills though xD I played lifeline and healed some. The other guys were higher ranked so I let them have all the good guns and focused more on drawing fire, supress, ping and keeping them alive so they could get the kills.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Mirage is so useful, always use his L1 skill and people will shoot it and reveal their location, his ultimate is also great combined with peacekeeper for flanking.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The only downside to Pathfinder imo is his passive ability. Like why do I need to know where the next ring is? You can predict that without an ability.

It should be changed to something else.
^This. It is such a weird passive ability. If you have played any Battle Royale game before this one it is pretty easy to guess where the ring is going to be just based on understanding your surroundings, watching where the center of the current circle is and roughly knowing where other squads may be.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Doc got this audio glitch where the whole game sounded like a warzone with continuous machine gun fire, kind of awesome actually

Status
Not open for further replies.