• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
from the very beginning. if you played Titanfall 2, the connection is spelled out to you. the guy who runs these games in Apex Legends is a character in TF2
Since the very beginning lol. Apex takes place after the great war between Militia and IMC that happened in Titanfall. So far at least three characters from Titanfall 2 has made an appearance in Apex with others mentioned.

Oooo. I still haven't played Titanfall 2. Thanks guys!

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Have any of the chars in Apex been pilots? Are Pilots still like top tier in this universe?

Shame I don't like BR games

Nah no one has been confirmed a pilot yet. that insignia everyone talks about is a reGEN10 chip insignia and one of the main traits of that regen/cybernetic process that pilots go through in the games is amnesia. Since we know Bloodhounds backstory they are right out - Wraith is a maybe - but more likely she's just some poor bastard they continued experimenting on with the reGEN and portal tech until she went half crazy.

They are all crazy fuckers that are beyond tough and use crazy tech but none of the Legends rock socks like the Pilots do. They are straight low level super-humans in cannon. Bangalor is literally a rifleman. Rampart is a black market smuggler/mechanic lol
The games bring all types!

And Titans will never be in the BR mode - they've always said they tried it internally multiple times and without fail it's always too powerful lol

Quatermain

Oct 29, 2017
Can you say what you worked on? It's all very impressive. The care and detail that goes into this universe is part of what keeps us playing :)
Did you work on the "Fight Night" one too? That's probably my favorite! Great work btw!

Thanks!

I was on this as a 3D Generalist, so I did a little bit of modeling, texture and shading, but the bulk of my work was shot lighting. I'm just a grunt working with a lot of other really talented folks.

This was the first project like this I've worked on, I think Respawn/EA uses a few different commercial/vfx houses to do these shorts.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks!

I was on this as a 3D Generalist, so I did a little bit of modeling, texture and shading, but the bulk of my work was shot lighting. I'm just a grunt working with a lot of other really talented folks.

This was the first project like this I've worked on, I think Respawn/EA uses a few different commercial/vfx houses to do these shorts.
I hope you and your team keep getting those, this one is the best of them all so far!

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Nah no one has been confirmed a pilot yet. that insignia everyone talks about is a reGEN10 chip insignia and one of the main traits of that regen/cybernetic process that pilots go through in the games is amnesia. Since we know Bloodhounds backstory they are right out - Wraith is a maybe - but more likely she's just some poor bastard they continued experimenting on with the reGEN and portal tech until she went half crazy.

They are all crazy fuckers that are beyond tough and use crazy tech but none of the Legends rock socks like the Pilots do. They are straight low level super-humans in cannon. Bangalor is literally a rifleman. Rampart is a black market smuggler/mechanic lol
The games bring all types!

And Titans will never be in the BR mode - they've always said they tried it internally multiple times and without fail it's always too powerful lol
i thought wraith is confirmed an ex pilot, right?
Wraith was definitely a Pilot.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
And I had just finally finished Titanfall 2.

Now I find out one of the trickier/harder bosses was actually a good dad.

Does that mean everyone in the world of Titanfall is sort of morally ambiguous?

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Well most of the Apex Predators in Titanfall 2 are just mercs. Not everybody that are hired guns are bad, they are just doing a job.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017

Do we really know he was a good dad, or that he simply was a dad? lol it seems like Valkyrie doesn't even know if he loved her.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Do we really know he was a good dad, or that he simply was a dad? lol
In the context of Titanfall 2, no.

But within the context of the video, one could make the argument he was just doing the gig to support his family.
Man must they really tease us with Titans? When I saw one in this trailer... Ehhhhh.
Would it be weird if I said that despite my attempts at trying to get into Apex Legends, I ended up liking Titanfall 2's PvE multiplayer instead?

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Would it be weird if I said that despite my attempts at trying to get into Apex Legends, I ended up liking Titanfall 2's PvE multiplayer instead?

Why? Two different experiences.

I just want Titanfall 3 and I have the right to say I want it if they are throwing Titans in my face, lol.

(I also really like Apex though, my fav BR)

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017

But within the context of the video, one could make the argument he was just doing the gig to support his family.
Maybe he regretted getting married and having a kid, so he took every job possible that would get him out of there! Maybe!

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017

Depending on what gig you take, you can still be a piece of shit for taking on said gig - even if you're doing it for money, not morals.

I got into Apex because the TF2 online console community was pretty small as of late. If it was as popular as Apex, I may never have switched over.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Wraith was definitely a Pilot.

meeeeehhh yah i don't trust her memory still but she was the only one with the boxes ticked to make it close to possible so ok - I hadn't seen this comic yet.

Have to side with Bang in that comic tho - like you tell someone to grab your water out the locker and they snag your phone "Oh hey I had one just like this you mind if I jailbreak it real quick so I can check this old ToR website I used to hit up?"

Like what? Fuckin no, gimme that!

edit: ok here we go - there's a gap between her training and abilities and all the "fuck your body up forever" mods they do for pilots like Cooper and Lastimosa. Explains her emblem, her defo being a pilot but also the vast gulf between her abilities and what you see out of pilots in the TF games.

" One of the most famous places to earn this is Whitehead training facility, which has a failure rate of 98%. This certification is what Jack earns in The Beacon, and what we can assume Ash and Blisk have. This is not what wraith has. She is explicitly state to be a "Senior Science Research Pilot." This means she has a license to have a neurolink and to operate a Titan, but she doesn't have permission to operate a Titan on a battlefield. "

Last edited:

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
meeeeehhh yah i don't trust her memory still but she was the only one with the boxes ticked to make it close to possible so ok - I hadn't seen this comic yet.

Have to side with Bang in that comic tho - like you tell someone to grab your water out the locker and they snag your phone "Oh hey I had one just like this you mind if I jailbreak it real quick so I can check this old ToR website I used to hit up?"

Like what? Fuckin no, gimme that!
lol

But yeah, to add onto what 5taquitos said, Wraith's official bio says she was a Science Pilot.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
lol

But yeah, to add onto what 5taquitos said, Wraith's official bio says she was a Science Pilot.

Yah my lazy edit up there touches it. She's got neuro and has clearly been experimented on for the phase shift to just be a part of her at this point but as far as the rest of the strictly "Made to murder people" augments they do to pilots? She won't have em.
Which makes sense seeing as she was a prisoner being experimented on. Not a great idea to turn your guinea pig into Steve Rogers.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Yah my lazy edit up there touches it. She's got neuro and has clearly been experimented on for the phase shift to just be a part of her at this point but as far as the rest of the strictly "Made to murder people" augments they do to pilots? She won't have em.
Which makes sense seeing as she was a prisoner being experimented on. Not a great idea to turn your guinea pig into Steve Rogers.
Cooper didn't have any augments though, right? He was just a grunt, unless it was implied that he got those mods after he lost his memory at Fracture and I missed it somehow.