• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mister Niwa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so torn, seriously, I spent so much time with the mini-games, I just don't know if I can do it again…

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Is this free upgrade a promotional offer or a permanent thing?

Cos for new players it'd be just cheaper to source a PS4 copy of the game rather than buy the new PS5 physical version.

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I'm waiting for a tech comparison between Series X and PS5 before choosing which one. My heart wants it to be PS5 but my love of quiet gaming wants it to be Xbox.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I've just not played much of it because of the backlog. Finally clearing P5R though, so I'll play something a bit more active afterwards (Like Judgment) then it's time for Y7.

Not like I'll get a PS5 by that point anyway, TBH.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Nope.

I've finished it twice already on the ps4 version and can't wait to play it with the ps5 version.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
I'm 50 hours deep into the PS4 version on PS5 and really enjoying it but I'll finish this first before giving the PS5 version a go. It doesn't sound like the upgrades are significant enough to be a game changer.

JohnDusk

Oct 24, 2018
Have the next gen versions something resembling proper antialiasing? I'm looking forward to playing a "modern" Yakuza game without the jaggie fest. That is my main reason to wait.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, deciding factor was hearing that battles can be slow so anyway the SSD can help is welcome.

LaoJim

Mar 29, 2020
Depending on how you look at it, I'm either waiting for PS5 Yakuza 7 and an actual PS5, or Yakuza 7 is waiting for me to complete 2 and start 3,4,5 and 6.

Who knows who will be ready first? Might be a photo finish or I might be able to do it if I skip Judgment and Fist of the North Star.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yep, I got the PS4 version for $34 with the intention of waiting for the PS5 upgrade to come out. I need that 60 fps mode!
Thankfully there has been plenty of other games to keep me busy in the meantime.

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I planned to but I was so damn bored in the weeks up to PS5's launch, I caved and picked it up.

I hit such a brick will though and needed to do some serious grinding. This will be a good excuse to get back to it.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Yep. I bought Yakuza 7 when it first came out alongside my PS5 at launch. I've been just playing other stuff while I wait.

I still have yet to play 13 Sentinels yet, I also have Persona 5 Scramble, and Bravely Default II, so I have plenty to keep me occupied until the PS5 patch for Yakuza 7 drops.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes but originally it was due to a Yakuza fatigue.

0, Kiwami, 6, Kiwami 2, Judgement was okay but when the 3-4-5 get released in EU I had an indigestion.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
I bought a XSX at launch just to play Y7 lol

You guys are in for a treat. On next gen you get Dragon Engine graphics at a rock solid 60fps.
Loading times are so short, you can't even read the hints on the screen.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, been waiting on the PS5 patch. Already playing Bravely Default 2 now though so I don't know when I'll get around to buying it.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
I actually waited for the physical PS5, never got the ps4 version at all, so I have the PS5 version since Friday(no day 1 patch yet)
and the game looks really good in Native 4K.
I mean.. I know it's 30fps compared to 60fps but imo it's worth it for this game, because first of all it's by far the best looking Yakuza and secondly it's also a turn-based RPG instead of an action game so I don't think 60fps are that much necessary.
EDIT: Also another reason is that in the 60fps mode cutscenes are still 30fps and there are a looooot of cutscenes in this game,
a lot more compared to the previous entries, so be prepared for that.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Playing them in order and only up to Kiwami. By the time I get to 7 I should have gotten it at a good sale, ETA 15-24 months.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
My number two GOTY for 2020.

You're in for a treat. The game is top tier Yakuza.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Yup I will be at the store when it opens tomorrow to hopefully grab it. Bummer there's no steel book.

I was actually wondering if there would be a new OT

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Yes can't wait for tomorow. I have finish Every yakuza game so I can't wait to play it. I went total blind on this. The only sad thing i've heard the game is pretty easy overall and only get challenging at midpoint. But now i know what to expect.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Yes. Got the PS4 version digitally as a Christmas present and have been waiting for tomorrow to play it on PS5. I'm sure it'll be the only new game I need until Nier comes out at the end of April. Also wish that got a "next-gen" upgrade

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Probably play it on PS5 if I ever do play it. I'm kind of burnt out on the Yakuza games. Finished Yakuza 0 and was okay to just call it good for the franchise.

Shyranui

Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Yes. I've waited even though I really wanted to play it xD Also I know I could have bought the cheaper ps4 version and then upgrade it, but I snagged a preorder of the ps5 physical for 45€ and I'm waiting for the delivery tomorrow.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait for a deep sale.

I want to play the game but i won't pay full price after their timed exclusive bullshit.

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Yep. I'll wait for a discount on the PS4 version and then upgrade it to PS5.

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but it's also because I still have Yakuza 6 to play and honestly one Yakuza game a year is more than enough for me. Very happy to bide my time.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Just came out in Australia. You don't need to have the PS4 version installed to start downloading it if you have it on disc FYI.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm waiting for it and I probably won't even get it at launch. Now that I've officially shifted to digital, I feel like I can wait for games more. When I was physical I couldn't pass up getting a steelbook day one for w.e reason. Now I think I'll wait for a sale while I take care of some backlog games.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. I played the PS4 version. Graphical improvements are minimal and it's a turn based JRPG so it's not like 60fps is a huge deal. I'm not giving in to their double dipping 😁

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Yep. I've been waiting for the PS5 version since I bought. It's so wild to me that save data won't transfer on some games, but alas, final stretch.

Mooksoup

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I have the PS5 version downloading now using free upgrade from the PS4 physical disc in Australia.
Had to search for it on the store to find the upgrade.

can finally start playing in the morning. Annoying wait hah.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the PS4 one day 1, played for a few hours and haven't gone back due to no save transfer (and I -really- wasn't feeling the game at first).

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Yes, I actually am playing Yakuza Zero right now (My first Yakuza game) on my Series X through Gamepass just to try out the series, and I am loving it so far, so I will be buying the rest of the games on my PS5 where I prefer to play. Odd I know.

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
I purchased it when it released, but I was playing Demon Souls. The fact that it is coming to the 5 was bonus for me, have a back log I am currently working on. Cyber Shadow has taken over my gaming time atm. So good!