• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
My laptop is plugged into my tv, and I use a wireless keyboard with a touchpad for navigation from the couch, and an Xbone as well as a pair of 8bitdo SN30 Pro controllers. For maximum fun and convenience, I have Launchbox set up with all my games (emulators as well as Windows), I have one button to press and then I can launch all my games using only my controller, from a cool full screen interface.

I use this laptop for gaming, Netflix and Youtube. It's a perfect setup for my needs, and when I go on a trip I can take my whole gaming library with me. I haven't used my desktop for games ever since I got this laptop.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I have my gaming PC hooked up to my Living Room TV and play it just like I play my other consoles. It's not a console though and I don't try to "consolize" the experience. I have one of those Logitech wireless keyboards with the touchpad built-in to the right hand side. Works beautifully for logging in, using Windows, browsing, etc. I have an X1 pad hooked up via Bluetooth. The PC is hooked into my receiver via HDMI just like the X and the Pro. I don't consider the PC an Xbox replacement because I still have a ton of BC Xbox and Xbox 360 games that are not playable on PC, or the PC versions suck for some reason (such as no native gamepad support).

To deal with the noise generated by the PC and the PS4 Pro, I moved them into the next room behind my TV setup, and ran a conduit between the rooms for the cables. That way they can be as loud as they like and I don't have to hear them while gaming.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Has Playnite made any progress on providing integration with SteamInput for non-Steam games? I appreciate the work they've done in wrangling all of the different launchers together and it seems to do a good job of detecting all of those games, but SteamInput is such a large part of my couch gaming setup that it would be amazing if they could do all the legwork for GloSC, OSOL, and the other workarounds necessary to use that functionality with games tied to other launchers.
Sadly, no.

theslb

Nov 15, 2017
Yep PC gamer for 5 years now with X Box Wireless gamepad and proper tiny mouse/keyboard wireless too,got to love games at 4k 60fps or 1440p with all maxout on a 40" 4k TV and proper PS4 Pro support for all that big Exclusives out there,the perfect Combo for gaming PC/PS4 /Couch:))

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
So, for those who do couch-game with their PC in the living room, perhaps almost exclusively, convince me to do the same: Please share photographs of your set-up, showing the form factor, share your experiences, how loud your PC is compared to consoles, how often do you have to get a mouse/keyboard out, what benefits are you enjoying over console gaming etc. Strictly from a couch gaming perspective.
Don't have photos to share right now but:
a) My setup is 100% silent because my PC remains in another room - I use wireless HDMI to use it in the living room. Latency free, good for 2x1080p 60hz. My launch PS4 was noisy enough to move it into PC room at some point and use it the same way. Since Pro (and VR) it's back in the living room.

b) Primary controller is DS4 (Steam configurability allows for most mouse-view games to be controlled really well with Motion senors). I use a wireless-touch keyboard (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-W...oard+logitech&qid=1551976575&s=gateway&sr=8-4) for the things that need a keyboard, generally never for games.

c) Due to a) - I don't currently have a working way to enjoy PC content in 4k on my new TV. Sadly wireless solutions that can work with 4k are not at all usable for gaming at this point. I may consider a cable solution at some point.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I have this as my case (Fractal Node 804):

Fractal-Design-Node-804-Micro-ATX-Window-Chassis-FD-CA-NODE-804-BL-W.jpg

Looks like a mini-sub from a distance. Inside is an Ryzen 1600 + GTX 1070. It's much quieter than my PS4 Pro. I use a Logitech wireless keyboard that has a trackpad. This is strictly a gaming PC. It has nothing else on it so I'm not concerned with security, so what I did is have the system autologin at boot, and also to auto-start Steam in Big Picture Mode. I have to use the keyboard for Nvidia driver updates that usually happen a week before any big AAA game comes out. I also have to use it for non-Steam games that don't play well with BPM. I also have to use the keyboard anytime I have to play a game that is dependent on that dumb Windows HDR toggle being on for HDR to work. I would say that I can often go weeks without ever touching the keyboard, but that depends on the game. I can even turn off my PC directly from BPM. So this all sounds pretty good, but the market has been splintering the past few years. Everyone wants to have their own damn client and it's ruining my ability to launch games without using a keyboard. So I guess if that matters to you, then just don't buy anything not on Steam. I've pretty much went in that direction. Anything not on Steam will get purchased on PS4. All multiplayer focused games will also be bought on PS4. I have no interest in playing gamepad vs mouse players.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
55" means nothing if u dont give the sitting distance, im pretty sure 27" on ur face is bigger than 55" tv on other side of the room. :)
As an owner of 27" monitor and 55" TV I can tell you that it doesn't really work like that. Sticking your face into 27" monitor doesn't really give the same immersion as 55" TV (when sitting at optimal for 4K viewing distance).

Oct 27, 2017
Steam has Family Sharing. Great feature and it's easy to set up on multiple machines. Origin does not... I doubt Uplay does but I'm not sure. I've got around the issue you describe by running games in offline mode. My wife and I played Mass Effect Andromeda using the same account on different PCs in the house and it worked fine. You might want to turn off cloud saving on one of the machines though.

Thanks for the reply. Looking at Steam Family sharing, it seems to give access to your entire library not just specific games. Not a huge issue because it's sharing within the household but I do like that when the kids pop on the Xbox, everything set to that login is age and content appropriate. Also, having to be in offline mode for one of the PCs is pretty limiting for my use case. I see a lot of great replies in this thread but mainly from a single/primary user perspective.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
I game exclusively in my living on all platforms with a controller on my couch.

I sit straight up on an office chair with my face 20" away from 3 screens for 8 hours 5 days a week, don't really feel like doing that when I try to relax at home playing video games.

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
I'm just wondering if there are any PC gamers here who actually do use their PC as they would a console, for couch gaming in the living room? I'm not talking about couch gaming in your bedroom ;)

Replacing my X with a high-end PC is certainly something I've considered for a while given PC mostly shares the same games. But I've never had the courage to do so because I would be using it in a purely couch gaming perspective, where consoles are typically better suited. Multiple launchers, tweaking etc, it's not something I really want to be doing. I just want to wake the thing up with my controller, choose the game, and play it. The X's small and horizontal form factor also fits nicely in my living room entertainment set up.

So, for those who do couch-game with their PC in the living room, perhaps almost exclusively, convince me to do the same: Please share photographs of your set-up, showing the form factor, share your experiences, how loud your PC is compared to consoles, how often do you have to get a mouse/keyboard out, what benefits are you enjoying over console gaming etc. Strictly from a couch gaming perspective.
I'll have to post a photo later, but I've been doing this for about 3 years now. With a wireless keyboard and mouse, it's just like using a regular console. My PC is an Alienware X51 R3, which is no louder than my Switch.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I've been gaming from my couch ever since building my PC. Don't think it completely replaces my 1X but with gaming, I basically treat it like a lerge, power hungry console. Really wish MS and Nvidia would get the HDR issues sorted out so I can play more games on my PC.

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
3NUnuKg.jpg

Rb1iq9F.jpg

Proud couch PC gamer here! Most everything is tucked behind my TV on a black rack for a clean look. This is what I'm rocking in the corner of my living room. Speakers are behind the mesh for a clean look and to keep my kids from wrecking them.

LG OLED65B7A

Network:
Gigabit Switch
Netgear CM600 Cable Modem
Netgear Orbi Mesh WiFi

AV:
TiVo Roamio
Apple TV 4K
Mac Mini
Arlo Pro Security Camera Base Station
Marantz SR6010 Receiver
Bowers & Wilkins CM6 S2 Front Left and Right Channel
Bowers & Wilkins CM Centre S2
Bowers & Wilkins ASW10CMS2 Subwoofer
Schiit Modi DAC
Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser HD650

Consoles:
PS4 Pro
Xbox One X
Switch
PS3
Wii U

PC:
9900K @5Ghz 2080 Ti Asus Prime Z390-A in a Fractal R4 (60tb of storage also inside as my gaming PC doubles as a Plex and Roon Music Server) I use the Xbox wireless adapter with my Elite Controller and I also have a wireless Logitech K830 keyboard/touchpad.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Well, I have a gaming room but my gaming PC is plugged in to the same 50" 4K TV as my consoles and I use it exclusively in this way. Mainly with controllers but also have a small table that is easy enough to use for a mouse desk and I'm fairly comfortable with a keyboard on my lap. But mainly gaming with controllers yeah.

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Most of my gaming is done on my PC from my couch. My wife and I play local multiplayer stuff together a few times a week. I also didn't have a gaming PC for many years, so I have amassed a rich backlog that I've been chipping away at as well.

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018
I have my gaming PC in my study connected to 2 monitors, and then run a 20 meter fiber HDMI through the walls and then into the living room directly into the TV. I also have a bluetooth dongle that reaches from the study into the living room, so its essentially turning on the controller, pressing the PS button to launch big picture and go from there.

I also have a 20m optical cable running in the walls for DTS 5.1 into the amp. I'm pretty happy with the setup as i can run HDR 60fps gaming from my pc pretty much seemlessly into the living room, but need to run most of the PC games at 1440p - 1800p as 4K is just too demanding. Also vsync input lag is pretty annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
I've noticed that a fair amount of people have written that gaming with a PC on your TV is great, and it can be - but I want to dissuade you from any illusions that it will be a seamless, console-like experience. I've been gaming with my PC on my TV in some fashion for 5+ years. I've also owned every major console and currently own and use the PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, and Switch in addition to my PC. Despite the fact that my PC is undoubtedly more powerful than any of my consoles, there are many times when I play games on console because of the simplicity of interface. Everyone's tolerance for this will vary. It is a fact that using a PC with your TV is more of a hassle than your using your consoles - but that doesn't mean it's not worth it.

I do a fair amount of PC gaming on the TV from my couch. My PC desk is adjacent to the TV, so I have a traditional PC setup at the desk with an HDMI cable connected to the TV as a second display.

Steam Big Picture has a really helpful option buried in the settings menu that will switch the primary display setting on your PC when Big Picture is open. This allows my PC to default to the primary as my 27" monitor when I boot it, and if I switch to Big Picture it will open on the TV and make that display the primary - meaning all games will run on that TV.

I find that running games in borderless full screen works really well (unless the game supports HDR on PC) because my TV is 4K and my monitor is not (1440p). Most games don't let you select resolution in borderless full screen, so I don't have to manage the resolution in each game's settings when switch from TV to monitor.

The biggest hassle of switching back and forth is the sound settings (telling Windows to output to my surround sound receiver instead of my computer speakers), but setting the receiver as default and turning it off when I'm gaming at the desk resolves most of my issues.

There are lots of mods/apps you can use to access Microsoft Store games in Steam Big Picture, but you should be aware that by default you'll have trouble launching those games from Steam.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Well, not the couch but half of my PC playing time is done on my bed.

If the game I'm playing is with a controller, I'll be on the bed.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
My PC is hooked up to my home theater (65" OLED), but it's in another room so some of your questions don't really pertain to me. I have a friend who has a PC in his living room however and it's extremely quiet because he built it with noise in mind. Basically you can control how loud it will be by choosing your components carefully and investing in good cooling.

As for the benefits... better resolution, graphics, and framerate, mods, access to a game library spanning decades (especially when you throw emulators into the mix), and the ability to use whatever controller I want (I switch between DualShock 4, Steam controller, and 8bitdo mega drive and SNES controllers depending on the game). Of course it's also hooked up to a 165hz monitor at the desk should I want to play with keyboard and mouse. Having lots of options is nice.

Oct 27, 2017
Funny you just brought this up. I just got done playing the beginning of Dragon Quest XI on my phone sitting on the couch while my girlfriend and I are watching some dumb movie on Netflix. Looks just as good as on my PC (No artifacts like on PS4 PC remote play) and only a few little network hitches. I just wish to hell it wasn't just tied to Steam. It's that damn good!

I did try to load a non-Steam game on it (Anthem) and no dice.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Posting this pic of mine from the gaming setup thread. The PC is on the floor to the left of the entertainment center so it blends in pretty well. I use a Microsoft all in one media keyboard for browsing and desktop stuff but we play all the games with Xbox one controllers except for stuff like katamari or Flower that I'll use a DS4 or whatever for. Also have adapters for SNES and PS2 controllers if we want.

I never use big picture mode or anything, I just run it like a regular desktop @ 4K with scaling.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I've tried, but I always have input lag and I'm not sure how to fix it. If I use my Switch on my TV (60" 4K), it works great.. But if I hook a PC up to it, there's just enough input lag to kill most games for me. I've even tried the SteamLink (my newer TVs have it built in), but there's always lag for some reason. I tried to get it to work somehow, but never could get rid of that slight amount of input lag.

Oct 28, 2017
I actually recently switched from a living room PC to an Xbox One X because I upgraded to a new OLED TV and I didn't want to deal with PC HDR inconsistency and that stupid toggle that you SOMETIMES need (so no easy way to just rig it so you don't need a mouse) for games to work.

But prior to that I really enjoyed my living room gaming PC and I miss the flexibility it provided somewhat. Like it's kinda annoying that some of the Xbox games that aren't One X enhanced play in 4K very nicely on a PC (looking at you Tekken 7 and GTA V). Also if you like Nintendo games PC emulators are the best way to play many of them.

But at the end of the day I want to scoop up all the HDR content I can going forward and I don't want to have a mental spreadsheet about which games need the toggle so the One X is my solution for now. It's nice to know as I build out its library that if I ever went back to PC many of these new purchases would cross over.

Feb 10, 2018
Is there a way to make PCs boot from sleep into steam big picture mode? Using a controller?

So basically make a PC work like a console?

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I almost exclusively play pc games in the living room with a dedicated pc. I've done this for years. I use a normal clean black minitower. I picked a tv stand with a nice space for that. You may think it looks ugly but when there's more than on console hooked up already, that boat kinda sailed. I like looking at it anyhow.

I use linux on it so maintenance and peacefulness is better than average, but game choice is limited. But you got like 90% if pc games considering bc and emulators and now proton. 50% of new aaa realeases. But i have a ps4 so i kinda sidestep that. Bajillions of games on linux and most are not on console. Linux is also missing alof of tweak wnd support tools that you can get on windows. But i think the tradeoff is worth it to use a cleaner and quiter os.

It boots to steam bpm and i use a steam controller by default. Mouse games are very accurate on steam con. I can pair a ds4 when a dpad is desired. I keep a smallish kb/toucpad combo on the side of the tv.

It's GREAT to have a pc hooked up to the tv and when i say i mostly play games on tv, i mean 99/100 compared to my desktop. Its so great being able to switch to dedktop and get a few things done on the couch or go to a windowed desktop for a little media multitasking.

Feb 10, 2018
3NUnuKg.jpg

Rb1iq9F.jpg

Proud couch PC gamer here! Most everything is tucked behind my TV on a black rack for a clean look. This is what I'm rocking in the corner of my living room. Speakers are behind the mesh for a clean look and to keep my kids from wrecking them.

LG OLED65B7A

Network:
Gigabit Switch
Netgear CM600 Cable Modem
Netgear Orbi Mesh WiFi

AV:
TiVo Roamio
Apple TV 4K
Mac Mini
Arlo Pro Security Camera Base Station
Marantz SR6010 Receiver
Bowers & Wilkins CM6 S2 Front Left and Right Channel
Bowers & Wilkins CM Centre S2
Bowers & Wilkins ASW10CMS2 Subwoofer
Schiit Modi DAC
Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser HD650

Consoles:
PS4 Pro
Xbox One X
Switch
PS3
Wii U

PC:
9900K @5Ghz 2080 Ti Asus Prime Z390-A in a Fractal R4 (60tb of storage also inside as my gaming PC doubles as a Plex and Roon Music Server) I use the Xbox wireless adapter with my Elite Controller and I also have a wireless Logitech K830 keyboard/touchpad.
Nice setup, but isn't it a pain to access your consoles/PC? Do you have to move the TV stand everytime?

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I do a decent amount of gaming from my pc on my TV. It's fantastic for playing all types of games. Having the flexibility of pc gaming while plugging in a controller is great way of giving you the best of the both worlds.

It's not perfect though. There are times when you are going to need a mouse because some windows menu pops up. This can happen in Steam big picture mode. Thankfully there are solutions. You can set up the monect app. You can buy controller companion on steam and set up your controller to act like a mouse when in windows. Or you can go with a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. I picked up the corsair keyboard/lapboard combo ( found here: https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Wire...oard&qid=1552025959&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmrnull ) alongside a logitech g703 wireless mouse and it's the best purchase I made for comfy couch pc gaming. Great for navigation plus I use it to play games on my tv.

I'm in the process of rebuilding a new dedicated pc for my tv and I have it inside a component rack. Not too exciting really but I just have it on the lower shelf under my consoles.

I've noticed that a fair amount of people have written that gaming with a PC on your TV is great, and it can be - but I want to dissuade you from any illusions that it will be a seamless, console-like experience. I've been gaming with my PC on my TV in some fashion for 5+ years. I've also owned every major console and currently own and use the PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, and Switch in addition to my PC. Despite the fact that my PC is undoubtedly more powerful than any of my consoles, there are many times when I play games on console because of the simplicity of interface. Everyone's tolerance for this will vary. It is a fact that using a PC with your TV is more of a hassle than your using your consoles - but that doesn't mean it's not worth it.

I do a fair amount of PC gaming on the TV from my couch. My PC desk is adjacent to the TV, so I have a traditional PC setup at the desk with an HDMI cable connected to the TV as a second display.

Steam Big Picture has a really helpful option buried in the settings menu that will switch the primary display setting on your PC when Big Picture is open. This allows my PC to default to the primary as my 27" monitor when I boot it, and if I switch to Big Picture it will open on the TV and make that display the primary - meaning all games will run on that TV.

I find that running games in borderless full screen works really well (unless the game supports HDR on PC) because my TV is 4K and my monitor is not (1440p). Most games don't let you select resolution in borderless full screen, so I don't have to manage the resolution in each game's settings when switch from TV to monitor.

The biggest hassle of switching back and forth is the sound settings (telling Windows to output to my surround sound receiver instead of my computer speakers), but setting the receiver as default and turning it off when I'm gaming at the desk resolves most of my issues.

There are lots of mods/apps you can use to access Microsoft Store games in Steam Big Picture, but you should be aware that by default you'll have trouble launching those games from Steam.

If you don't use both screens at once, one thing I've found that seems to work for me is switching screens through the display menu (right click on windows desktop and go to "Display settings"). If I'm only using my pc, I can choose "Display 1 only" from the display menu. Or if I want to play on my TV i switch to "display 2 only" from the display menu. Switching screens like this is quick and it seems to keep my nvidia panel settings separate and saved, including sound (I have a 5.1 surround system for my tv while I run audio through headphones on my pc). The one issue I run into doing this is that when I go back from my TV to my 1440p monitor it sets the refresh rate to 60hz on my monitor, when it's 144. Have to reset it to 144 after switching from my tv to my pc monitor.

Last edited:

Kureransu

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing it with a PC for 8 years and had a laptop for three years before that. I used a Logitech keyboard and mouse, as well as a 360 and steam controller. I always have my mouse around, so I used all the individual launchers. Here's a couple pics

This is so convenient for me and I love it. I pretty much have a switch for my Nintendo exclusives and do everything else on PC.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
I have a few decent laptops that I sometimes use to play games in bed when I'm sick or those rare nights I have with insomnia but otherwise no.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I do but not everything. If I play it with a controller it's on my TV. If I play with a mouse and keyboard it's at my desk. Overwatch, Apex, and Dota 2 demeans a mouse and keyboard. Games like The Witcher 3, Division, or Dragonball FighterZ I will play on my TV.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I have my Desktop tower and entertainment center with my consoles setup in my bedroom. My PC tower is naturally plugged into my 4KTV.

I typically use an Xbox One controller to play everything. For everything else that requires a mouse and keyboard, I have a folding stand for my wireless keyboard and mouse.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I do. I have an additional set of mouse and keyboard, wireless, on my living room table. PC is hooked up via HDMI to the TV and monitors on the desk; Xbox One pad is always within reach. Compared to the PS4 Pro my PC is ultra silent.

Click heavy games like Overwatch, Diablo, etc. I play conveniently at my desk, though; it's also in the living room.

Can't post pictures because I'm not at home the whole weekend.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I'd like to run an Hdmi from my pc to a 4k, then setup a Steam chord so I can swap between my monitor and TV with a button press. I'm still kinda hoping for Steam to do what Playnite does though to make couch PC gaming even easier. It's already great atm, for Steam games. It's a bit more spotty when you want that great controller support for non-steam games though.

One nice tip I learned with Steam input though for non-steam games. Use an X1 controller with m+kb bindings for the desktop, then set the back button's double tap to swap to an action set with gamepad setup. If you open any non-steam games that have native controller bindings, you can switch to the action set and it will just simply work normally, whereas non-Xbox controllers would still have issues.

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
Nice setup, but isn't it a pain to access your consoles/PC? Do you have to move the TV stand everytime?

I can actually fit in behind the right side of the stand without moving anything and can access my consoles and PC. Under the rack is my subwoofer and the first couple of shelves are just for the power strips, the tuning adapter for my TiVo, and my gigabit switch. The consoles and PC are on shelves that are waist high and up. That way it's easy for me to grab my Switch off its dock. I'm 100% digital so I don't have to worry about switching discs.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I used to game on the couch with Steam Link, but then I became dependent on G-Sync.

edit: I feel the above could be some sort of rap lyric. Please send all royalties to daninthemix.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
I am the complete opposite, bought myself a. PS4 this week and setup on a TV since my PC is being repaired. Due to glare on TV and struggling to read stuff due my bad eyesight and me being uncomfortable on the couch with my dogs. I moved it it to computer desk any never looked back.

I have always gamed on PC, but I suppose I am bit wierd but never really enjoyed the TV gaming thing.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
So this is kind of interesting, Corsair just released an entertainment keyboard that you could use easily with your tv (alongside other devices). Video review here:

I wouldn't necessarily use this to play games but this would more than sufficient to navigate windows from your couch.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not sure about all of you but I can't see shit on my television in my living room when I'm on the couch 3 meters removed, all the UI text and subtiles are always too small and I can't ever focus on what's going on, I always have to move a chair a meter in front of it to focus. For some reason I just can't sit back on my couch and game.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017

Well for adding the game's part, there is an option in one of the top Steam menus to add a non-Steam game. It usually works well for games from launchers without overlays, but is usually an issue for Origin / Uplay games, and you often have to rely on third party programs to get proper controller support for any controller for big games like Battlefield. It is a real shame that there is no official way of forcing steam overlay / controller support in non-steam games.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I do it occasionally. I only play single-player games that can use a Dualshock 4 with bluetooth.

I can't do any competitive mulitplayer, because those generally require mouse and keyboard and I never figured out a comfortable solution to use those from my couch.

My solution was pretty easy, technically. I have a very long (40') HDMI cable connected to my gaming PC and a bluetooth receiver on the end of a long USB extension cable. The TV just acts as an additional monitor and and HDMI audio.

EDIT: I do have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse on my coffee table, but those are only used for navigation and launching games, and not actually for playing them.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well for adding the game's part, there is an option in one of the top Steam menus to add a non-Steam game. It usually works well for games from launchers without overlays, but is usually an issue for Origin / Uplay games, and you often have to rely on third party programs to get proper controller support for any controller for big games like Battlefield. It is a real shame that there is no official way of forcing steam overlay / controller support in non-steam games.
No I know. It's my main issue with multiple launchers