• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
GM enemies with energy shields are really annoying me lately. I just need to reload my grenade launcher to get some acid status one them to detonate and then they fully recharge their shield seconds after I knock them down. At least with colossus I can shield bash them repeatedly in the air to bring them back down again, but it's such a stupid hassle.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a clear breakdown of end game activities and rewards? Like which missions guarantee a MW, which type of MW, etc.?

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
After playing a couple other of the current and upcoming GaaS games this weekend, it's really hammered home to me how much I enjoy Anthem, buggy unfinished mess that it is. Can't beat that flying around as a steel-clad beast. Destiny 2 is a great fps with awesome gunplay but Black Armory was really lacklustre and i'm just kind of bored of it (no knock on D2 in general, i've put a lot of hours into it and i'd recommend it to anyone). And Division 2 is... ok? It seems like a good game but there's something totally uninspired about it. I feel like i'm playing a cover based shooter from 10 years ago with a fallen America conspiracy laden story line like so many things that came out in the aftermath of 9/11. Which is a shame, because from all accounts it looks like it'll be a much more polished experience than Anthem, but it just doesn't grab me. Go in cover, shoot dumb enemies, rinse repeat. I mean, Anthem AI is moronic but at least I can do aerial flybys unloading a chain gun before dropping a freeze effect and then slamming down for an aoe combo explosion that nukes 10 guys at once like some sort of armoured god.

Honestly after playing both I don't even get the "Anthem has dumber AI" comparisons that people keep making in favour of Division 2. They're just such completely different beasts in terms of what they're going for. Division is smaller, semi-realistic and tactical cover based engagements against <10 enemies, while Anthem is super mobile flying exosuit murder machine simulator with horde mode moron enemies and mass carnage all over the shop.

If EA don't kill it, there's going to be something really special in a year, whereas I can't see Division being more than what it is: a competent cover based shooter like so many others.*

*Obviously this is totally subjective, and is based off the Anthem play experience of someone who has generally had decent performance and what sounds like a lot less fewer game ending bugs than some people.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Anthem just forced my ps4 pro to shut down. It disconnects me from the online servers. Unable to connect back in, close application, then ps4 shut down by it self.

All was doing was talking to a NPC lol

Dec 23, 2017
I'm really enjoying this game, but Bioware seems to have no idea how to run a game as a service. They should be patching basics like stability/crashes/audio loss as soon as possible instead of holding out for some QoL mid March patch.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having problems with the game. It crashes whenever I get close to the "launch bay" where the javelin and the forge is, any ideas? It wasn't crashing before...

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I went from 400 to 450 in a night (2-3 hours). I got like 4-5 MW from my first Tyrant run on Hard alone. Blessed RNG.

Drop rate seems fine for those levels. It seems like legendary gear is the real unicorn here, as well as their affixed.

Wow the Colossus is night and day when you get geared a bit. I unlocked mine at 16 but it felt like shit for a while until I got a bunch of blues and now with 5 component slots unlocked I feel unkillable. The shield is so good and when it runs out the cooldown to get it back up is pretty damn fast. Switched to hard mode now and I'm just breezing through doing side missions. I want some purps!

I think I'm shelving my Storm for now.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I really wish Freeplay displayed the location of world events or other interesting shit on the map. It's pretty much bullshit that you have to just fly around and hope to come across some shit. Absurd - the lack of 'stuff to do' is akin to any number of no-name Early Access titles, not a AAA Bioware masterpiece. Fuck.

This is such a shitty design decision by Bioware I have no idea how it made it live. The worst thing a game can do is make you feel like you're wasting your time and that's exactly what this does. I can fly around for 15 minutes without finding an event and then find them back to back to back. Don't even get me started on how bad the map is. Not being able to set a waypoint in 2019 is pretty unforgivable.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
GM enemies with energy shields are really annoying me lately. I just need to reload my grenade launcher to get some acid status one them to detonate and then they fully recharge their shield seconds after I knock them down. At least with colossus I can shield bash them repeatedly in the air to bring them back down again, but it's such a stupid hassle.
Hit them with anything electric. I got legendary Stasis Chain and one charge shreds their shield

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
After playing a couple other of the current and upcoming GaaS games this weekend, it's really hammered home to me how much I enjoy Anthem, buggy unfinished mess that it is. Can't beat that flying around as a steel-clad beast. Destiny 2 is a great fps with awesome gunplay but Black Armory was really lacklustre and i'm just kind of bored of it (no knock on D2 in general, i've put a lot of hours into it and i'd recommend it to anyone). And Division 2 is... ok? It seems like a good game but there's something totally uninspired about it. I feel like i'm playing a cover based shooter from 10 years ago with a fallen America conspiracy laden story line like so many things that came out in the aftermath of 9/11. Which is a shame, because from all accounts it looks like it'll be a much more polished experience than Anthem, but it just doesn't grab me. Go in cover, shoot dumb enemies, rinse repeat. I mean, Anthem AI is moronic but at least I can do aerial flybys unloading a chain gun before dropping a freeze effect and then slamming down for an aoe combo explosion that nukes 10 guys at once like some sort of armoured god.

Honestly after playing both I don't even get the "Anthem has dumber AI" comparisons that people keep making in favour of Division 2. They're just such completely different beasts in terms of what they're going for. Division is smaller, semi-realistic and tactical cover based engagements against <10 enemies, while Anthem is super mobile flying exosuit murder machine simulator with horde mode moron enemies and mass carnage all over the shop.

If EA don't kill it, there's going to be something really special in a year, whereas I can't see Division being more than what it is: a competent cover based shooter like so many others.*

*Obviously this is totally subjective, and is based off the Anthem play experience of someone who has generally had decent performance and what sounds like a lot less fewer game ending bugs than some people.

Yea, this rings true for me as well. I played a lot of Destiny 2 and The Division. I think both are fun games, and Division 2 is going to be a massive game with systems upon systems that will let you play for 200 hours easily.

The thing is, it still feels like (the buggy mess) Anthem has a higher potential ceiling for me. Double jumping off the launch pad and letting yourself drop for a bit, and then kicking in the thrusters is just so good. A lot of little things are done right in Anthem, but they really really need to figure out the rest of the issues.

LoveBug566

Oct 27, 2017
I only played it for around an hour, but what I played I really enjoyed. I hope EA give Bioware enough time to fix the many problems the game has. Nothing beats the sensation of flying through the world in your Javelin.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Trying to make some vinyls work:

Foundation:
L4T01Ju.jpg

Vigilance:
Ymf8ma9.png

Anyone have a better free img host than imgur? The compression sucks.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of COURSE the mission I find a secret scar loot tunnel is, I go into it, and the fucking mission boundary pulled me back. And you have no way to not quit the mission at the end, so no way to access it.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure I'm a fan of how you basically can't get masterworks at hard difficulty. You have to play on grandmaster in order to get the items you need to be effective at grandmaster. This just leads to frustrating experiences where you have a team of 4 doing a stronghold and 3 really have no business being there based on their gear

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Did you die a whole lot, or feel like you were being carried, at the beginning?

I ran my first GM Stronghold at 385 and yeah, I contributed as much as I could but I can definitely say I got carried. i didn't die that much because I was playing defensively and using my Colossus. Totally worthy as I ended up with 3 MW items and bumping my power level from 385 to 405

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I ran my first GM Stronghold at 385 and yeah, I contributed as much as I could but I can definitely say I got carried. i didn't die that much because I was playing defensively and using my Colossus. Totally worthy as I ended up with 3 MW items and bumping my power level from 385 to 405

When you say items, you mean other than guns too? Because I'm 411 now, and thinking of doing a stronghold on gm1.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I'm a fan of how you basically can't get masterworks at hard difficulty. You have to play on grandmaster in order to get the items you need to be effective at grandmaster. This just leads to frustrating experiences where you have a team of 4 doing a stronghold and 3 really have no business being there based on their gear
I got like 5-7 masterworks the first two times I ran it on Hard. Is that a bug?

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
shoutouts to the folks that quit a mission right as it ends so i quickplay into it and get all the rewards for zero effort

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
They really need to fix these crystal looking barriers. As soon as one person goes into the area, the barrier goes up and if you're behind you get locked out. It's happened to me multiple times now.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
A couple MW weapons is hardly ideal for GM1.
It's what you have to do though, since you can't get MW abilities or components on less than GM1. Honestly, I think it's slightly overstated how big the jump is - run a few legendary contracts on GM1 for your guaranteed components and the resultant health/buff boost and you're good to go for strongholds. Just play slightly more cautiously until you've got a handle on how much punishment your javelin can take at the increased difficulty.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I got one on hard freeplay oddly enough

edit: lol, just got another one on hard, level 26

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
It's what you have to do though, since you can't get MW abilities or components on less than GM1. Honestly, I think it's slightly overstated how big the jump is - run a few legendary contracts on GM1 for your guaranteed components and the resultant health/buff boost and you're good to go for strongholds. Just play slightly more cautiously until you've got a handle on how much punishment your javelin can take at the increased difficulty.

Oh that's what I did. But its not fun not contributing for the first few runs. A tiny pool of components would be nice in hard. Just enough to get you one or two equipped. I found that pretty necessary on Colossus since the lowest MW component's armor rating is about 5 times higher than the highest epic's.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
I'm running 90+ luck

I was getting multiples every run prior to patch.
I repeat: you're having a run of bad luck. I'm getting multiples most runs after the patch, and for every run I only get the guaranteed MW there's another run where I get 3-4.

Is there a ERA alliance that I can join or is it purely based on adding friends to your list?
Join the discord in the OP and you there's gamer tag channels for each platform you can join, will give you a ready made alliance group. Formal guilds should be coming in April.
Oh that's what I did. But its not fun not contributing for the first few runs. A tiny pool of components would be nice in hard. Just enough to get you one or two equipped. I found that pretty necessary on Colossus since the lowest MW component's armor rating is about 5 times higher than the highest epic's.
Yes I agree you should be able to get more MW in hard, as components and the health boost are pretty handy for more of a safety net, but when I jumped up to GM1 initially in early access nobody had those components and we still managed. it's tough but doable, and only more so now that you're likely to be matchmade with someone who is already all orange.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
So I just got Binary Star which is the masterwork living flame, but there's no primer icon next to it. Is it really not a primer when living flame is?

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019

Huh, I totally disagree about the enemies. Combats in Div2 are much more interesting to me based on how they flank, charge, snipe, use grenades and gadgets - but also, because they react to being shot and actually yell and talk to each other. They aren't the next big thing in AI, but they bring the fights to life a lot more imo.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
It's so interesting to me looking at The Division 2's Reddit and Anthem's... Looking at the number of subscribers and people online I saw these numbers:

r/anthemthegame - 184,050 subscribers ● 11,282 online
r/thedivision - 173,775 subscribers ● 3,488 online

The Division by concept SHOULD have more subs by now, being the second game in the series and all... And with the beta now being on I figured a high amount of people would be online. But that doesn't seem to be the case? 3.4k is probably the highest number I've seen till today this year. I remember way more people being online and active during the first game's pre-launch and launch

Wouldn't think too much into it. ~4000 is what r/ATG was at til about the day the game launched. It surprised me as well.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Huh, I totally disagree about the enemies. Combats in Div2 are much more interesting to me based on how they flank, charge, snipe, use grenades and gadgets - but also, because they react to being shot and actually yell and talk to each other. They aren't the next big thing in AI, but they bring the fights to life a lot more imo.
I don't see how that conflicts with what I said. Division is smaller, smarter (though not particularly bright) fights while Anthem throws legions of idiots at you like a Diablo game. And even then, I think a lot of the smarter AI compliments given to Division are down to what the game is - a cover based shooter with a really narrow field of engagement where a couple of tricks to flank you or make you leave cover make the enemies seem devious. Like, enemies throw grenades in Anthem too you know? They hurt a lot if they hit. There are snipers to knock you out of the air. And the Scar have those homing mines which are obviously designed to hunt people down and force them to move from cover, like the Dominion have the super aggressive melee wolven. It's just that because it's not a cover game and you're leaping all over the place anyway, that shit doesn't matter. By the time the grenade they've thrown lands you're 50 metres away killing their friends, and you just go vertical to avoid that melee nonsense.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
I feel like i'm playing a cover based shooter from 10 years agGo in cover...shoot dumb enemies, rinse repeat.

I know you're talking about division 2 but this is a pretty accurate description of anthem on gm2-3. Even GM1 if you've still got some purples on you.

Kyoufu is correct there's a limited pool of MW weapons you can get on hard, but I believe it's actually 9 total - one for each of the weapon archetypes.

FWIW, the devs have stated hard is limited to 6 MW weapons.